aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1607575 times)

Offline Rumakos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2865 on: June 29, 2018, 03:43:04 pm »
Hello, Solarius Scorch.

1. The synthsuit is buggy again. The head doesn`t turn together with body very often. A soldier goes ahead, but his head looks back ))
2. Which ruleset is responsible for frequency ufo appearance on geoscape? how to reduce/increase its` value?

Thank you in advance!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2866 on: June 30, 2018, 03:18:54 pm »
Hello, Solarius Scorch.

1. The synthsuit is buggy again. The head doesn`t turn together with body very often. A soldier goes ahead, but his head looks back ))

Yes, I haven't fixed it yet, as I haven't determined which routine it is...

2. Which ruleset is responsible for frequency ufo appearance on geoscape? how to reduce/increase its` value?

It's alienMissions_FMP.rul and regions_FMP.rul, possibly also missionScripts_FMP.rul, depending on what you want to do... This system is pretty complex.

Offline F.E.K.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: July 02, 2018, 02:19:21 pm »
Thanks, but... I'm not sure if I can replace the copy on Transifex with your file. Perhaps you could make the changes on Transifex, to make sure nothing is lost?

I have just replaced the missing parts (originally all the medal descriptions were given, but they were missing from the current version, though originally they were included)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2868 on: July 02, 2018, 04:06:42 pm »
I have just replaced the missing parts (originally all the medal descriptions were given, but they were missing from the current version, though originally they were included)

I see. Still, I would really prefer if patching the Transifex was done by someone who actually speaks Hungarian. (I probably could copy it, but will only do it as a last resort.)

Offline Rumakos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: July 03, 2018, 09:24:34 pm »
Yes, I haven't fixed it yet, as I haven't determined which routine it is...

I see.. it is not critical for playing )

It's alienMissions_FMP.rul and regions_FMP.rul, possibly also missionScripts_FMP.rul, depending on what you want to do... This system is pretty complex.

Yeah, that’s enough for my goals.

Look, I cannot understand the following: every time I`ve researched alien laser rifle and appropriate clips, its vanished from production menu. Sometimes immediately after researching, sometimes I can produce a couple. And now the toxigun flask has vanished too. What is the problem? I have to research something else or this is bug?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: July 04, 2018, 11:06:53 am »
You mean something was available for production and then it wasn't? That's not possible even if I wanted to make it so. Sorry, but I need more data.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: July 04, 2018, 03:07:14 pm »
I'm sure that's temporary, happened once because I pressed a wrong tab in the manufacture menu. If you are suggesting something like you press it to manufacture, and you thought you pressed cancel, the game will remove it from the list as it manufactures the item, making you think it disappeared. Have you checked if the product in question being produces or not? Because OXC doesn't have a feature like that, though OXCE+ has it, its a special tag that can be modded in, BUT not present on FMP

Offline Rumakos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: July 04, 2018, 08:18:36 pm »
You mean something was available for production and then it wasn't? That's not possible even if I wanted to make it so. Sorry, but I need more data.

Good evening, Solarius Scorch.
Yes, this a true and happen every time I play FMP (more than 4 months). After researching "Alien power systems" the "Alien laser rifle" is become available for investigation. But! I can only use it in battle, not produce. Screenshots and save are attached. By the way, in this topic, one guy wrote the same. He also claimed, that he has to research some items twice. And I thought, that it is necessary for some alien artifacts ))

Sorry for complaining, but your advice would be very appreciate.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: July 04, 2018, 08:58:59 pm »
After researching "Alien power systems" the "Alien laser rifle" is become available for investigation. But! I can only use it in battle, not produce.

Wait... This is a completely different issue. "Use but not produce" is perfectly normal, but before it was "I`ve researched alien laser rifle and appropriate clips, its vanished from production menu". WTF?

Offline Rumakos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: July 04, 2018, 11:00:13 pm »
Wait... This is a completely different issue. "Use but not produce" is perfectly normal, but before it was "I`ve researched alien laser rifle and appropriate clips, its vanished from production menu". WTF?

I think, I got the reason. After first investigation, the game said in appropriate message that I can manufacture rifle and I proposed that I really can. But that was wrong. Player can only use it. Alien laser rifle is available for production after "laser weapon" researching. It`s clear now. So, it means that the flusk is also require additional technology to be produced. I should see tech-tree to understand.

Thank you! Sorry to trouble you and for my english.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: July 04, 2018, 11:13:19 pm »
Thanks for reporting!

Can anyone confirm the wrong message?

Offline F.E.K.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: July 05, 2018, 12:11:36 pm »
I see. Still, I would really prefer if patching the Transifex was done by someone who actually speaks Hungarian. (I probably could copy it, but will only do it as a last resort.)

Ok, I fully understand you.

Transifex see bugy, some label missing/changed somehow. Hmm... Maybe I should register for the transifex and work the translations right there. More eyes see more :)

(I would have time... ;))

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2877 on: July 05, 2018, 01:48:46 pm »
Ok, I fully understand you.

Transifex see bugy, some label missing/changed somehow. Hmm... Maybe I should register for the transifex and work the translations right there. More eyes see more :)

(I would have time... ;))

Thanks for understanding. I realize it's a bother, but I think it's the only way to do it right.

Offline F.E.K.

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: July 06, 2018, 03:09:13 pm »
Thanks for understanding. I realize it's a bother, but I think it's the only way to do it right.

Eh... i registered to trasiflex, go to update FMP translation... some time later: error 500 Page unavailable.

pff. I will try later ;)

...later: citation complette ;)
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 03:30:08 pm by F.E.K. »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: July 06, 2018, 08:52:26 pm »
Great! Thanks again. I will pull it when I'm releasing the next update.