aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580555 times)

Offline Trytols

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2805 on: May 05, 2018, 08:15:58 am »
You need the latest nightly as of openxcom_git_master_2018_04_24_2218. 

Im using Oxce+ 3.10a which is based on nightly (v2018-04-03)
Afaik is the last version and it's a standalone mod.

I dont know if i can copy latest nightly files in the Oxce+ folder to get an updated version.
If that's not possible looks like I have to wait for an Oxce+ update by developers.

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: May 05, 2018, 06:45:00 pm »
Im using Oxce+ 3.10a which is based on nightly (v2018-04-03)
Afaik is the last version and it's a standalone mod.

I dont know if i can copy latest nightly files in the Oxce+ folder to get an updated version.
If that's not possible looks like I have to wait for an Oxce+ update by developers.

Okay, makes sense now.  The changes from the nightly have not been integrated into OXCE+ as of yet.   So, I would go back to Commendations < 3.0 for now until Meridian updates OXCE+.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 06:46:32 pm by jgatkinsn »

Offline Moon_Dew

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: May 06, 2018, 03:35:25 am »
Semi-related to the thread, seeing as I'm using the FMP.

I'm trying to set up a sort of unofficial class system based on my soldier's stats, so I can get an idea of what kind of equipment to give them, but I need help coming up with the kind of stats would be needed for each class. Could you guys help me out? Here's the classes I've thought up so far:

Assault: Your rank-and-file rifleman, armed with assault rifles.
Close Combat: Gets up close with shotguns, swords, and stun batons.
Heavy Weapons: Equipped with either machine guns for suppressive fire, or rocket launchers for hard-targets.
Grenadier: Basically a lighter version of Heavy Weapons. Uses grenade launcher.
Sniper: Long ranged weaponry.
Scout: Lightly armed with pistols, submachine guns, or carbines. Medic: Equipped with at least a medkit, and possibly one light weapon like a handgun or knife.
Support: Carries smoke grenades, high explosives, mines, scanners, extra ammo, and/or extra medical supplies.

What kind of stats would I need for each class?
Also, feel free to suggest other classes I could use.

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: May 12, 2018, 03:56:44 am »
So.....

I've been playing the heck out of this mod and I'd like to say two things about it. (about 30+ hours of gameplay and still no end in site)

1. Why am I able to re-research the same thing over and over again? I swear I have researched alien food 3 times now. Sigh.
2. Why are there so many superfluous weapons? I feel like I am just stumbling over myself trying to figure out what gun to manufacture ammo for at this point. There have to be 50 guns and 20 of them do similar things.  I understand that there is some need to lessen the desire for plasma or lasers, but this might be slightly overkilling. Just barely.

Overall the game has been fun and the pacing seems good. I think whoever put this together took a great amount of care in doing it. I'm just not sure why I keep researching the same stuff. I also don't understand why there is so many things to research when few of them seem to be relevant. I just don't understand if there is an endgame need for 3 types of skyrangers.

Dunno. Just my opinion so far with this mod.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2809 on: May 12, 2018, 08:22:02 am »
1. Why am I able to re-research the same thing over and over again? I swear I have researched alien food 3 times now. Sigh.

Whaaaa...?
This certainly doesn't seem normal... I guess it's some sort of misunderstanding, or an installation error? Anyway, this mod is like 4 years old, and I've never heard about this.

2. Why are there so many superfluous weapons? I feel like I am just stumbling over myself trying to figure out what gun to manufacture ammo for at this point. There have to be 50 guns and 20 of them do similar things.  I understand that there is some need to lessen the desire for plasma or lasers, but this might be slightly overkilling. Just barely.

Sincerest apologies. My next mod will only have one weapon of each type, to eliminate the stress of choice. :P

But I'm glad you're having fun! :)

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: May 12, 2018, 03:14:28 pm »
It has been pretty good. I also don't understand why I can research the same stuff multiple times. I know this is an older mod, but I swear to you I can. At least 3-4 different things have been researched multiple times.

Overall the mod is really good. I guess the idea of having so many weapons is that you can try different ones on each playthrough. When you first get going it is kind of overwhelming though. If you're a veteran to the game I bet it very much appreciated.

Hopefully, I can manage to finish this playthrough even though the tree keeps making me research the same stuff. I finally got lasers and seem to be at least somewhat close to the endgame now. maybe....

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: May 12, 2018, 03:22:39 pm »
Some things can be researched multiple times, e.g. prisoners, data slates, etc.

Alien Food cannot be researched multiple times.

Please provide a save, where you can do this...

Offline COAXMETAL

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: May 12, 2018, 09:05:31 pm »
Some things can be researched multiple times, e.g. prisoners, data slates, etc.

Alien Food cannot be researched multiple times.

Please provide a save, where you can do this...

I swear I had a lot of stuff that I could redo over and over. Especially stuff like autopsies, alien food, and something else 2-3 times each. It has been pretty strange. The whole tech tree, in general, has been weird.

I think it is my save though that is messed up. I started the game in vanilla before I knew about the mod. So about 3 hours into the game I transferred the save. Now I think that something is glitching up. That or the tree is sort of convoluted. I really can't tell. Something is up.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g60ur4s82msnl9l/Queen.sav?dl=0

Overall the game has been good. I've enjoyed it so far. I just honestly feel like I'm researching a lot of stuff and not really moving very far. Many things seem redundant or duplicates. It is just confusing and I can't tell if it is just bugging or not. Sorry for harping about this stuff. I am just trying to make sure I am doing things right.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2018, 09:15:44 pm by COAXMETAL »

Offline Alpha

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: May 14, 2018, 08:17:47 am »
Just wanted to stop by and say I appreciated the modpack! Just finished a superhuman playthrough and it really added quite a bit to the game for me.

Some interesting tidbits for people...
-Flamethrower absolutely destroys almost all terror units cept the silacoid. I had a really lazy base manage to survive aggressive retaliation consistency base-raids with.... 10 soldiers. Each had simply a flamethrower. 1 cannon and eventually laser tank to stop silacoids. Flamer insta-gibs cyberdiscs/sectoids, floaters and reapers, snakemen but not cryssalids (although killing a zombie with the flamers initial damage seems to trigger a cryssalids spawn, but cryssalids love to end turn on your face stacked with a zombie so you just make a big flame roast with your other 9 hazmat soldiers. Or use your tank to eat some swipes, back away and then roast. I thought ethereals would be an issue but if just use the same strategy against sectoids, it works the same. Mind control is of no concern, you are immune to fire. Simply sit back and roast whatever pokes its head near. Wait for a sectopod to come close and spend its TUs moving, then roooooooooast. It made me highly tempted to try a flamer only playthrough actually (with a method to fight only silacoids of course).

-Another really stupid tactic is to add about 30 high explosives to the base and DO NOT BUILD THE LARGE LIVING AREA!!!!!! Make the small one, since the large one has storage. Simply use your hangers as your only method of storage which should be fine. Simply prime all 30 of them in the gear up screen, start the battle, get in position with your flamers for anyone in the access lift, end turn and watch the fireworks. A bit exploity, but REALLY amusing. Against floaters I finished a base defense during my second turn this way. Large quarters will make high explosives spawn with some of your soldiers, so dont do that.

-The magnum and tac sniper are god-tier OP early game. 38 damage beats out all starting gear, has the accuracy of an assault rifle aimed shot and near pistol snapshot aim. Research alloys and alloy ammo ASAP and you suddenly have a gauss pistol with 50ish damage. Then simply get your tac sniper with some HE/AA rounds and you are fine till mutons/gazers. Use AA round vs cyberdiscs and MiB tanks. (You must hit the rear of the tanks though to really do reliable damage)

-To be as vague as possible, the final mission without using mind control looks absolutely brutal. I had to resort to my backup plan 100/100 PSTR/PSK MC squad i left on the lift during phase 2 after being absolutely massacred by Obi-wan and his tiny little taser lightsaber thing, and the rest of the crew. After i started rolling out the MC team I saw the rest of what was waiting. I used Mr Obi-wan etherea on a muton commander, and it one shot him. Thats like 200 damage from 1 melee lol... No wonder my power suits melted. Al the other gear I saw was equally... strong. Cleared out the base using MC and finally finished the modpack. I think it might be borderline impossible without spawning near the brain room to do that with flamers or no MC. I saw dual shot blaster launchers and everything...

All in all, really fun. Enjoyed the modified research system based upon captures and all the additions!

Offline Trytols

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: May 14, 2018, 08:19:31 pm »
I had a soldier with Anti-Grav Module Armor. He died in battle.

Ater the mission, in loot screen, I got TWO Damaged Anti-Grav Module.

Now my engineers can repair TWO modules so I will get an extra armor.

Is this a bug, or WAD? If an Anti-Grav Module Armor Soldier dies, is it normal to have TWO Damaged Anti-Grav Module for that?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2815 on: May 15, 2018, 12:45:22 pm »
Thanks for your detailed and interesting summary, Alpha!

;)

Is this a bug, or WAD? If an Anti-Grav Module Armor Soldier dies, is it normal to have TWO Damaged Anti-Grav Module for that?

Definitely looks like a bug. I will check if it's a mod problem.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: May 15, 2018, 03:02:53 pm »

I can't reproduce this... would you be able to provide a save where this happens?

Offline Trytols

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: May 16, 2018, 02:17:38 am »
I can't reproduce this... would you be able to provide a save where this happens?

Sure. I still have the save.

Click on Inventory.

Under the soldier "LMG Mick Quinn" there is my only dead soldier, who got that armor.

Kill the last spotted sectoid with "HMG Ariel Yosef" the flying sniper and you will get 2 Damaged armors in loot, despite just one soldier died.

The others two screens says
"Xcom soldier killed...... 1"
"damaged antigrav module.......2"
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 02:23:16 am by Trytols »

Online R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: May 16, 2018, 11:01:27 am »
Just for debugging reference, since i can only do a simple .sav dive based on current computer access.

Could it be that the 1st damaged armor is rewarded due to having one soldier dead (id: 17) while the 2nd damaged armor is rewarded due to the unconscious soldier (Id: 20)?

Offline Trytols

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: May 16, 2018, 04:20:32 pm »
Could it be that the 1st damaged armor is rewarded due to having one soldier dead (id: 17) while the 2nd damaged armor is rewarded due to the unconscious soldier (Id: 20)?

Your idea is brilliant. I'm sure that unconscious soldier is the cause of the second armor.
I totally forgot that one sectoid had small bomb launcher and stunned that soldier, so there are 2 "corpse" with armor and two armors are recovered.

So the bug is that unconscious soldiers will count as extra armor everytime.