aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580838 times)

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #1500 on: May 17, 2015, 11:18:01 pm »
Hello, everyone!

A new version of the Russian translation is ready. There are some translation errors fixes, newly added strings are integrated, changed the translation of some strings to meet the latest updates.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2015, 11:24:30 pm by Kammerer »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1501 on: May 18, 2015, 01:12:49 am »
I feel a little selfish in asking, but...

I was wondering when you would be adding in my new railgun sprites, as I put a lot of love into them and I'm quite proud of them. But if you if you like the old ones better, maybe I could try to spruce them up for you? It's just they look rough to me and it's a bit embarrassing.

Or possibly the old and new ones could be used for two different weapon types?

Frankly I just think I like the old ones best, the newer ones look a bit too cartoonish to me (even though X-Com is rather cartoonish in itself). They're very nice of course, they just don't fit with other weapons as well as the old ones, IMHO. But I think the new graphics are available for anyone who likes them better.

Hello, everyone!

A new version of the Russian translation is ready. There are some translation errors fixes, newly added strings are integrated, changed the translation of some strings to meet the latest updates.

Thanks! It goes straight to the files.

Offline GrandSirThebus

• Sergeant
  • Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: May 18, 2015, 03:18:42 am »
Well at least I know now.

I'm wondering what it is that makes them look to cartoony? Is it the colour scheme? Is it the overall design?

And since you like the old ones better I may put some work into them to make them look a bit more polished, if I can make time.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: May 18, 2015, 08:22:24 am »
I'm wondering what it is that makes them look to cartoony? Is it the colour scheme? Is it the overall design?

I dunno, I think they're just too colourful. Would be more at home in TFTD, actually.

And since you like the old ones better I may put some work into them to make them look a bit more polished, if I can make time.

Sure, but I'm already pretty happy with how they are now. :)

Offline GrandSirThebus

• Sergeant
  • Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: May 19, 2015, 09:45:14 pm »
I was thinking I could simply lower the color saturation on the guns as a simple fix. If I did that would you think that is sufficient?

EDIT: I tried to test out the new less colorful sprites, but I couldn't get FMP to work with the new OXC despite having put it in the mod folder and enabling it in options. I'm tired of trying to get it to work.

Here's an idea of how it looks, anyway.
vs
« Last Edit: May 20, 2015, 01:26:28 am by GrandSirThebus »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: May 20, 2015, 09:22:28 pm »
Congratulations on reaching the 1st place in "Most viewed in all time" category. Well deserved.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: May 21, 2015, 11:13:34 am »
I was thinking I could simply lower the color saturation on the guns as a simple fix. If I did that would you think that is sufficient?

I definitely like the one one on the left better. But you know, I thought it would go much better with TFTD, while the older versions that I'm using fits with the first X-Com game.

EDIT: I tried to test out the new less colorful sprites, but I couldn't get FMP to work with the new OXC despite having put it in the mod folder and enabling it in options. I'm tired of trying to get it to work.

And that's some really troubling info. I haven't heard any complaints regarding FMP installation for ages. What exactly is wrong?

Congratulations on reaching the 1st place in "Most viewed in all time" category. Well deserved.

Haha, thanks. Honestly no idea why, there are far better mods out there. Well, apparently some (moderately) creative stealing pays off. :)

Offline GrandSirThebus

• Sergeant
  • Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: May 21, 2015, 11:55:12 am »
And that's some really troubling info. I haven't heard any complaints regarding FMP installation for ages. What exactly is wrong?

I'm really not sure, I mean I unzipped FMP, put it into the mods folder where the save files are and then enabled it in OXC mod options and the game played just like vanilla. I'm going to delete OXC entirely as well as all my settings and attempt to reinstall.

-I'm assuming it goes like this
-install OXC
-download the latest nightly and apply it
-drop original XCOM files into the UFO folder
-run the game
-put mods into the mod folder,
-enable them in OXC

EDIT: I'm clearly doing something wrong. When I run OXC it's telling me "ERROR: TERRAIN/BLANKS/TAB not found"
This is after I placed the original XCOM resources into the  folder UFO
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 12:17:49 pm by GrandSirThebus »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1508 on: May 21, 2015, 04:54:21 pm »
I had exactly the same error before I've changed all resource paths in my mod, but Solar said everything works fine in his mod without changing any file paths, which really puzzled me at that time... maybe it doesn't?

Also I got "unknown format" error when I tried to have a closer look at your sprites... On every software I have... How did you do that??? I want to know the magic trick :)

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: May 21, 2015, 04:59:22 pm »

I've just installed 1.5.1 and tested it on New Battle without any issues.

You may want to get rid of the /FinalModPack/ subfolder inside the Resources folder since it is unnecessary now. Just use Notepad++ Replace function and change:

Resources/FinalModPack/
into
      Resources/

On its next version I'm also going to change the name of the Terrain Pack folder in /Mods and remove the version number, so that you don't need to include any of its files (Geoscape/map/RMP/terrain/etc) and can simply refer to the Terrain Pack folder in the ruleset. I'll do this for Redux on the next version.

-I'm assuming it goes like this
-install OXC
-download the latest nightly and apply it
-drop original XCOM files into the UFO folder
-run the game
-put mods into the mod folder,
-enable them in OXC

Try it like this:
- Download latest nightly
- Drop original files in UFO folder
- Put mods into the Mods folder on the OpenXCom folder in your My_Documents folder (where save games are located)
- Run game and enable mods
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 05:13:55 pm by Hobbes »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: May 21, 2015, 06:14:43 pm »
I've just installed 1.5.1 and tested it on New Battle without any issues.

Thanks for the info. Hmm, then maybe it has to do with Thebus' system?

You may want to get rid of the /FinalModPack/ subfolder inside the Resources folder since it is unnecessary now. Just use Notepad++ Replace function and change:

Resources/FinalModPack/
into
      Resources/

Of course, but the program doesn't care either way, so I didn't want to put the extra work to change the paths, since there are many paths. :) Maybe someday.

On its next version I'm also going to change the name of the Terrain Pack folder in /Mods and remove the version number, so that you don't need to include any of its files (Geoscape/map/RMP/terrain/etc) and can simply refer to the Terrain Pack folder in the ruleset. I'll do this for Redux on the next version.

Try it like this:
- Download latest nightly
- Drop original files in UFO folder
- Put mods into the Mods folder on the OpenXCom folder in your My_Documents folder (where save games are located)
- Run game and enable mods

OK, once it happens I'll integrate it the best way I can.

Offline GrandSirThebus

• Sergeant
  • Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: May 21, 2015, 10:29:35 pm »
SO! Solarius Scorch and I have just worked out the issues. I was somehow missing folders and files after transferring things over, I have no idea how, but I screwed it up!

Anyways, It's fixed now with a fresh download of the OXC nightly and FMP 1.5.1 and everything in it's proper place

Offline GrandSirThebus

• Sergeant
  • Artist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: May 22, 2015, 02:24:00 pm »
Here is a download link for anyone that wants the more desaturated looking railguns

https://www.dropbox.com/s/peq5mo9fp22ybyk/Desaturated%20Railguns.zip?dl=0

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #1513 on: May 23, 2015, 04:23:09 pm »
I am offering a suggestion, a redesign of the fighters interior.

See Picture:
« Last Edit: May 23, 2015, 06:47:36 pm by hellrazor »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: May 23, 2015, 04:30:48 pm »
Can you also explain why did you change it?
From what I can see, you removed the dangerous spot in the middle by putting a wall there... if that is the only change I vote against it.