Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580474 times)

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #975 on: January 03, 2015, 10:25:19 am »
What tool may be use to alter\create new terrains\bases\ufos\crafts?
And where could be found and XP compatible version?

Offline Victuz

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 08, 2015, 10:57:09 pm »
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask but openxcom.com leads me here when I click on "forum link".

Is there any progress on fixing the terror mission crash? I've seen people have been mentioning it back in the beginning of december. It doesn't seem to leave logs or anything the game just shuts out as a terror mission is about to start :(.

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: January 09, 2015, 02:33:00 am »
either use the old version linked a few pages back or wait for it to get updated

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: January 09, 2015, 05:06:12 pm »
either use the old version linked a few pages back or wait for it to get updated
Problem is the nightlies that work with FMP are now so old that the files are no longer available for download :-(

Would it be OK for somebody to upload a relevant nightly elsewhere and post a link here?

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 09, 2015, 05:30:56 pm »
Yep, that one should work. The latest one I know to work with FMP is openxcom_git_master_2014_11_17_1232.zip

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #981 on: January 09, 2015, 05:34:57 pm »

Offline Hollow_Fang

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 19, 2015, 04:10:50 am »
Do you have any idea when an updated version to work with Latest Nightly or 1.0 and up so that sectopod HWP is no longer incompatible?

Ideas as follows :

Mod
The AWACS mod should be merged , then when you add it you should make advanced radars appear after alien alloy research is done as radar would be able to be updated to that level of materials.(or add a super small range regular radar small and large at start up)

Secondly shorten the radar dome of everything it's hard to understand how a single radar can have about 2,680 miles scan the length of the usa, about 300 miles for small radar and 5-700 for large advanced radar .

Mod https://www.openxcom.com/mod/breaching-charge
Breaching charge needs to be added

Mod https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1513.105
A new button should be added to the building list under build base for build outpost or something along those lines that has only like 3 - 5 squares of base building  for small radar outposts  and more of a challenge,when merged with the mod for Improved nations mod  https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1513.105  would make the game greatter  and the wold seem much bigger also the aircraft and UFO speeds would be slower based on size so that on 1 minute time interval that a small ufo takes about 5 seconds or so at max zoom to cross the screen.

Is there a mod to make crash sights not disappear till the mission is successful? sucks losing and not having a second go in ironman mode should be allowed

Should be an attack target that well do destruction equal to the size of bomb used before mission starts and after map generation. sort of a softening the target prior to landing and to keep equal would be random spot to simulate missing and cost in score an example would be
crash occers send bomber with Jdam's destroys random 12x12 area and subtracts from mission complete score of -72 with 12x12 equaling 144 then cut in half
the bombs could cost a lot too equaling to the level of tech bombing used.

The idea of the original game was to give the constant feel of being one step behind the aliens until all research was done the aliens should always have just a slight advantage in gameplay mechanics so that you are always left scrambling.

Offline Midaychi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 19, 2015, 07:26:37 am »
A weird situation I encountered using the above last good nightly and latest FMP, over openxcom installed with data from the steam version of dos xcom:

I shot down a scout over the African desert and went to it, and it turned out to be Chtonites (only one left alive). The problem was that all tiles except for maybe a stranded patch of desert were black, and walking over the black tiles missed out on the TU/cursor information and lacked animations from the characters.

I'm only using FMP and no other mods, and normal desert maps with vanilla tiles work fine.

Offline volutar

• Colonel
  • Vanilla digger & Quality assistant
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 19, 2015, 10:42:42 am »
What OS? What git version? Any screenshot?

Offline Midaychi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 20, 2015, 12:31:30 am »
Windows 10, openxcom_git_master_2014_11_17_1232 , Final Mod Pack_0.9.7.1 , was a crashed Chtonite scout mission in the middle of the african continent. Couldn't get a screenshot for some reason but it was basically the skyranger in a sea of black, with a little patch of desert to the north east and the crashed scout to the north west.

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 20, 2015, 12:39:48 am »
Couldn't get a screenshot for some reason but it was basically the skyranger in a sea of black, with a little patch of desert to the north east and the crashed scout to the north west.

This sounds to me an issue with the terrain generation. The game for whatever reason could only load the UFO, Skyranger and one 10x10 map, and since it couldn't load the rest, it was left as black.

Offline Midaychi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: January 20, 2015, 02:18:02 am »
This might not be the right thread for suggestions but Idk where else to suggest for FMP.

I like the attack dogs and think they're a great addition, but I wish there were some research paths for them.
Example:
If you research a couple things involving alien cloning and entertainment, maybe you can manufacture the dogs.
Add with some armour tech to be able to give them armour/upgraded versions,
combine with melee and stun bomb techs to be able to train them to also be able to use a stun attack,
maybe a tech to slightly increase their carrying capacity so you can mount high explosives?

A funny bug with attack dogs is that you can use save/load profiles to unequip their attack and put it on people..
So maybe even clone canine-soldier hybrids for maximum bad end? Do a dog-only letsplay, Dogmentation; You've defeated Cydonia, but at what cost?

Offline Midaychi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: January 21, 2015, 09:04:54 am »
I also wish MiB somehow could be scripted. It'd be nice if they were a game-long encounter separate from aliens, but their technology progressed along side xcoms, maybe 5% ahead. That way you're fighting another faction that could potentially be fielding powerful things without being in the situation of fighting stormtroopers with weapons that can't even hardly damage them.

I also think it'd be neat if early ufopedia entries were changed a little to hint at just how important rushing to subdue engineers and leaders was early game. I made it to july with an empty research list before I finally gave up and looked in the ruleset how to even get some of the basic vanilla xcom researches. (You *have* to capture and interrogate specific aliens, and even then its only a random chance you get the technology you want)

Guess I'm just used to normal xcom where you just capture a leader and a commander and a navigator and you're good to go. Didn't even know about how important engineers were made in this mod, and didn't even have a clue there was a random chance list thing going on.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:09:00 am by Midaychi »

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 22, 2015, 07:23:14 am »
I also wish MiB somehow could be scripted. It'd be nice if they were a game-long encounter separate from aliens, but their technology progressed along side xcoms, maybe 5% ahead. That way you're fighting another faction that could potentially be fielding powerful things without being in the situation of fighting stormtroopers with weapons that can't even hardly damage them.

This is how I've got the MJ12 faction designed on the mod I'm currently working at: you're going to fear them ;)