aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580310 times)

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #915 on: November 23, 2014, 03:14:13 am »
Looking for some info. I'm cheesing by playing with the 'always daytime' mod on, but I noticed rather quickly that several missions were still at night. I've managed to find a couple of them and add them to the daytime mod, buy I'm still missing a few. Could you please list off all the different ground missions that this mod adds? I've tried going through the .rul file but again I'm still missing some. Most if not all of the missing ones have to do with MiB.

Offline TedBundy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: November 23, 2014, 01:06:51 pm »
Hi, I've a problem with Final Mod Pack 0.9.7.1 This game is always crashing on terrorsite mission - returning to Windows. I have newest nightly version. Any possible reasons? Thanks for help!

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: November 23, 2014, 09:01:20 pm »
What other mods are you running? This includes any of the built in ones that come with OpenXcom.

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: November 24, 2014, 01:21:46 am »
I've been experimenting with the dart rifle requirements a bit. The idea is that, because of the increasing variety of alien species being introduced into the mod {no complaints there!}, locking research behind specific aliens puts too much emphasis on random chance of those aliens appearing {last game, for example, I didn't encounter floaters until the following year}. So, I've tried hammering out a different approach.

The idea is to break the aliens into specific brackets for mid and late game, then require the dart research to depend on either of several aliens for each prerequisite.

To simplify, for example, for dart clip B, one needs to autopsy a Floater OR a Chtonite, plus a Reaper/Spitter, a Sectoid/Anthropod, Waspite/Tunlun, Snakeman/Reptoid and finally Chrysalis/Salamandron.

The tweaked ruleset is in the attachment - I'm testing it right now.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #919 on: November 24, 2014, 01:51:40 am »
<snip>
The idea is to break the aliens into specific brackets for mid and late game, then require the dart research to depend on either of several aliens for each prerequisite.

To simplify, for example, for dart clip B, one needs to autopsy a Floater OR a Chtonite, plus a Reaper/Spitter, a Sectoid/Anthropod, Waspite/Tunlun, Snakeman/Reptoid and finally Chrysalis/Salamandron.

The tweaked ruleset is in the attachment - I'm testing it right now.

Great idea... I'm kind of running into the same thing with my dart pistol mod in the UpClose Modpack.  I'm missing Snakes and Chryssies as my only encounter has been on a terror mission that I aborted.  I've been thinking it might be nice to have a 2/3 or 3/4 requirement to let me advance the dart clips.  I'm at the point that the A clip, won't do much more than tickle mutons, etc, but I really need Dart C clips.  I'll take a look at your ruleset.

Thanks!

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: November 24, 2014, 02:14:15 am »
Hmmm. Looking at my savegame after a dissectoidion*, it might not be working.

Let's see - I have this defined in the ruleset....

- name: STR_SECTOID_AUTOPSY
    unlocks:
      - STR_ALIEN_BIOLOGY
    getOneFree:
      - STR_DART_RIFLE_CLIP_B_PRE2_MASTER

and
  - name: STR_DART_RIFLE_CLIP_B_PRE2_MASTER
    needItem: true

Buy my savegame is only showing the sectoid autopsy as completed. Any ideas what I might be doing wrong?

* I regret nothing

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out - for some reason, GetOneFree only applies to living alien research. However, the underlying problem persists. Can I make the suggestion of, as the game progresses, either increasing the weight of mixed crew craft, or increasing the frequency of alien medics? Swapping one of the navigators for a medic in the fighter ship deployments might make them less useless.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 08:23:43 am by Quinch »

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: November 24, 2014, 05:42:23 am »
My biggest complaint has got to be research and pacing. I got the research done to go to mars before I ever got power armor, plasma weapons, or even the avenger. Of the original aliens, I've seen chryssalids, snakes, floaters, and ethereals. Cyberdiscs, reapers and sectoids. I haven't seen a muton, silicoid, and possibly others? I didnt see chryssalids until november, floaters in september. I can't recall all of them. I keep getting MiB missions, when they are really nothing more than an annoyance.

I LOVE all the new races, while I know you aren't responsible for their existence, it is really nice to have so many. But researching most of them seems to be pointless.

And to go along with aliens, spitters seem to have at least three different corpses. Only one of them gives you the UFOpaedia insert, the rest do nothing.

A lot of the research seems to just be fluff and filler. Trying to figure out what is needed to research certain weapons is annoying. I got the stun launcher researchedz but never did figure out what gave me the research for the stun bomb. And stun the crap out of everything! I usually bring back at least 80% of the aliens on a mission alive. (Selling live aliens nets twice as much as dead with that mod on.)

Offline TedBundy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: November 24, 2014, 01:46:46 pm »
What other mods are you running? This includes any of the built in ones that come with OpenXcom.

Hello, i've only this mod  on my computer (turning on "yes" in OpenXcom panel)

Offline Drako^BB

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: November 24, 2014, 10:47:39 pm »
For next version add this mods :
Retaliator -> https://www.openxcom.com/mod/retaliator
PowerSuitHelmOff
Moriarty's Power Armor / Flying Armor -> https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=493.0
Alien Remix   -> https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2580.0
personal-armor-variants -> https://www.openxcom.com/mod/personal-armor-variants
SCOUT POWER ARMOR ->https://www.openxcom.com/mod/scout-power-armor
 Improved Uniforms, Kevlars, Dragon Skin & Combat Armor -> https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1857.msg17377#msg17377

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: November 24, 2014, 11:03:44 pm »
Hello, i've only this mod  on my computer (turning on "yes" in OpenXcom panel)

Are you running the latest nightly version of the game?

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: November 24, 2014, 11:23:58 pm »
RE: Alien Remix

I love this mod, adds a lot of randomness to missions. However, FMP currently uses a lot of user made aliens as well, would they get the remix treatment as well?

Offline TedBundy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: November 25, 2014, 04:10:26 pm »
Are you running the latest nightly version of the game?

Yes. Unfortunaltelly, the same mistake appears (returning to Windows on starting terrorsites, without error information)

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: November 25, 2014, 09:22:56 pm »
Okay, the preliminary version of the color-code project is a go. Right now I've managed to recolor the floaters according to rank - no corpse or inventory look changes yet, that's a secondary thing.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33551029/FinalModPack.rar

Next up, Chtonites. I can't think of any proper highlight points, so I may recolor the entire body. Yay, nay?

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33551029/screen012.png
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:32:49 pm by Quinch »

Offline endersblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: November 26, 2014, 03:21:07 am »
How do you even pronounce chtonite lol?

Recoloring the whole bode would be fine. Mutons already have at least two different colors with this mod, green and black. Shouldn't be an issue.

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: November 26, 2014, 07:48:54 am »
I'm also thinking whether or not I should recolor navigators - currently they don't differ much from regular soldiers, in terms of stats or research they barely differ from soldiers, and in a lot of cases they're easier to capture than soldiers. Should I leave them as it is, recolor them for the sake of verisimilitude, or leave them, but allocate a color scheme in case they become more relevant in a future update?