aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1579899 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #765 on: September 23, 2014, 06:59:40 pm »
just researched sectopod construction and noticed that sectopod laser and sectopod plasma have the same specs but sectopod plasma needs 10 more elerium  to be produced
is this intended?

Yes, because it has unlimited plasma shots. That's the same case as with tanks: plasma cannons need Elerium.
(Perhaps it should be overhauled, so that you produce plasma "clips" from Elerium? But currently it6's impossible for tanks.)

missing text in FMP 0.9.4:

Arrrrgh sorry. It happens periodically. I'll fix it.

got a reply regarding the Fog issue here is a quote

That's exactly what I thought, too. I'm not sure if I should change it or not, since the Salamandron is obviously taller than that and it doesn't seem to cause problems...

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: September 24, 2014, 03:49:03 am »
Got another missing text string for str_cyberdisk_disassembly in 0.9.4:

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 24, 2014, 08:00:28 pm »
Ranked Sectoids - I opted for a simple band around their heads in favor of full recolors because, in all honesty, I think the latter would have looked more than a little silly. I briefly considered only recoloring the eyes, but that would have only identified their rank if hey were facing the camera.

Would this work?

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 24, 2014, 08:33:07 pm »
Now, floaters. I'm not sure about the commander color scheme, though.

The commander color scheme uses the Floater's default color streak, so I used a similar-looking streak instead - however, that makes the visual difference between the two rather small, and thus might be hard to distinguish between the two.

I could use an entirely different color, but I'd prefer to keep the color-coding as consistent as possible.

Or I could recolor the soldier's cloak into something else, but that's the kind of fundamental design change I'm a little leery of undertaking.

Ideas?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 24, 2014, 08:47:37 pm »
I like the headpiece on the Sectoid, at least the Leader could profit from this solution. Really nice.

Floaters, yeah, they should keep their capes. I like your results, but...

...but why would you use .bmp?! :'( Not only it'll require doing the entire transparency work, but it'll be a pain to fix the sprites themselves, because I'm sure there'll be errors.

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 24, 2014, 09:30:51 pm »
I figured that's what pckview exports into, that's what would be most easily imported.

I'm guessing PNG instead?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 24, 2014, 09:44:08 pm »
I'm guessing PNG instead?

Yes, that'd be best. Please. :)

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 25, 2014, 07:35:21 pm »
The core races, in glorious PNG.

I am not happy with Ethereals, but with loose robes and no distinguishing features, there's not much left to highlight. On the upside, they only have three used ranks.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 07:39:35 pm by Quinch »

Offline ucel

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 26, 2014, 12:21:44 pm »
Seems that I found a bug.
First of all, I' playing latest Android build, but this seems not to be a problem. I'm just started new game on Superhuman difficulty and got big ship with Sectoid Leader in January. After finishing this mission I found an alien data slate, which I have researched an next. And now the problem - after research I could investigate it again and again, so now in late February I have already researched elerium and delta radiation - and still have data slate in inventory. Should it not have been consumed after first investigation?

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #774 on: September 26, 2014, 02:31:07 pm »
Seems that I found a bug.
First of all, I' playing latest Android build, but this seems not to be a problem. I'm just started new game on Superhuman difficulty and got big ship with Sectoid Leader in January. After finishing this mission I found an alien data slate, which I have researched an next. And now the problem - after research I could investigate it again and again, so now in late February I have already researched elerium and delta radiation - and still have data slate in inventory. Should it not have been consumed after first investigation?

look in advanced options - "research consumes item" needs to be turned on manually

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: September 27, 2014, 03:24:32 am »
I found another issue, and this one's a crasher : p

It seems that STR_MUTON_MEDIC is missing its items: entry.  The upshot of this is that when you stun one to take home, the game crashes on the debriefing screen since it tries to look up the rule info for each item in the base's storage and can't find any info for STR_MUTON_MEDIC.

here's the stack trace, for the "technical" proof:
Code: [Select]
Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
0x00000000009059f2 in OpenXcom::RuleItem::getAlien (this=0x0) at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Ruleset/RuleItem.cpp:665
665             return _liveAlien;
(gdb) bt
#0  0x00000000009059f2 in OpenXcom::RuleItem::getAlien (this=0x0) at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Ruleset/RuleItem.cpp:665
#1  0x0000000000989823 in OpenXcom::Base::getUsedContainment (this=0x6bf4d40) at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Savegame/Base.cpp:1111
#2  0x000000000075b585 in OpenXcom::DebriefingState::recoverItems (this=0x6677900, from=0x6d91fc0, base=0x6bf4d40)
    at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Battlescape/DebriefingState.cpp:1119
#3  0x00000000007588e3 in OpenXcom::DebriefingState::prepareDebriefing (this=0x6677900)
    at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Battlescape/DebriefingState.cpp:853
#4  0x00000000007532d7 in OpenXcom::DebriefingState::DebriefingState (this=0x6677900)
    at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Battlescape/DebriefingState.cpp:157
#5  0x00000000006fb631 in OpenXcom::BattlescapeState::finishBattle (this=0x5b0b250, abort=false, inExitArea=10)
    at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Battlescape/BattlescapeState.cpp:1956
#6  0x000000000073459c in OpenXcom::NextTurnState::close (this=0x5a8a0b0) at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Battlescape/NextTurnState.cpp:172
#7  0x00000000007344c3 in OpenXcom::NextTurnState::handle (this=0x5a8a0b0, action=0x7fffffffd3f0)
    at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Battlescape/NextTurnState.cpp:144
#8  0x0000000000797ea5 in OpenXcom::Game::run (this=0x4e20bb0) at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Engine/Game.cpp:237
#9  0x000000000065b25e in main (argc=3, argv=0x7fffffffd788) at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/main.cpp:68
(gdb) frame 1
#1  0x0000000000989823 in OpenXcom::Base::getUsedContainment (this=0x6bf4d40) at /home/myk/src/openxcom/src/Savegame/Base.cpp:1111
1111                    if (_rule->getItem((i)->first)->getAlien())
(gdb) print i
$1 = {first = "STR_MUTON_MEDIC", second = 1}
(gdb) print _rule->getItem((i)->first)
$2 = (OpenXcom::RuleItem *) 0x0
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 03:29:10 am by myk002 »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: September 27, 2014, 06:27:00 am »
The core races, in glorious PNG.

I am not happy with Ethereals, but with loose robes and no distinguishing features, there's not much left to highlight. On the upside, they only have three used ranks.

Yay! I need time for this, but I'll certainly use at least some of them.

I found another issue, and this one's a crasher : p

It seems that STR_MUTON_MEDIC is missing its items: entry.  The upshot of this is that when you stun one to take home, the game crashes on the debriefing screen since it tries to look up the rule info for each item in the base's storage and can't find any info for STR_MUTON_MEDIC.

You are correct! The entry was missing. I added it, thanks.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 06:28:51 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Quinch

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: September 27, 2014, 08:00:39 am »
As it turns out, they may or may not work after all. I've been using PCKview to export them, and apparently it has some... palette issues. So, I'm going to retry with BombBloke's tools and see where that takes me.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #778 on: September 27, 2014, 08:21:52 am »
As it turns out, they may or may not work after all. I've been using PCKview to export them, and apparently it has some... palette issues. So, I'm going to retry with BombBloke's tools and see where that takes me.

Run them through Falko's pallette converter?

Offline Duke_Falcon

• Colonel
  • *Visit my DA site - click on the small globe!*
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt
« Reply #779 on: September 27, 2014, 10:24:59 am »
Did Muton medics messed with Waspites?
I researched a Waspite commander and I got a free alien (so far only medics granted this or engineers the mechanic races) but Cydonia not unlocked to research. I were need to capture another commander for that (this time it was a Sectoid).

And something is wrong with the Drones. Hybrids are eager to attack in the first few turns (then enough of them killed to keep them constantly panicked) but Drones just come, move BUT so far they never even tried to fire. Not funny as without them Hybrids are not dangerous even for just-recruited rookies.

By the way what determines the aliens' grenade using habits? Mutons and Chtonites are often throw grenades the rest of the races I never seen to do so. Or it corresponding to the game's difficulty?