Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580222 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #795 on: September 30, 2014, 06:57:24 pm »
So what should I do? Use psiamps to disarm everyone but terrorists but keep them alive so the commander doesn't panic? Up the bravery? Anything else?

I don't know, it seems like a weird problem to me to be honest, but one not related to the FMP. It doesn't make Commanders any more rare or more prone to blow themselves up with Blaster Launchers.

Offline Random Commander

• Captain
  • Making no sense since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: September 30, 2014, 07:34:32 pm »
So what should I do? Use psiamps to disarm everyone but terrorists but keep them alive so the commander doesn't panic? Up the bravery? Anything else?

Hope you get lucky. That's what to do.

As the Commander of the RNG I will file a complaint and a request for whoever is responsible for making commanders more panicky than normal be repremanded ASAP.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #797 on: September 30, 2014, 10:20:23 pm »
Can't quite get how panicking Commanders make them harder to catch. If anything, it should make them easier to catch, since they drop weapons.

Warboy tinkered something with "panic mode" lately, maybe you should wait till he works out what exactly he's done :)

Offline myk002

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: September 30, 2014, 11:39:26 pm »
FWIW, I've had no issues getting commanders in my current FMP game.  I usually take a "stun everything" approach (I'm loving the elerium mace!), though I'm not sure if that has any effect on morale..

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: October 01, 2014, 12:18:56 am »
I guess I simply got unlucky. But recently I've tried to make an effort to finish my campaign and it seemed like I was either getting battleships with no usable commnders (read e.g. Mutons) or the commanders blew themselves up or something else killed them. The only alien base I know of is, guess what, Mutons.

I do know this is most likely another case of RNG being bitchy but I'm playing on ironman so every commanderless battleship assault makes me grumpy. I'm in February now, crashed ufo assault count is something like 130  and the urge to ignore other ufo types is strong. But I don't want to risk fscking up.

And while I do realize this suicide problem has little to do with FMP, at least directly, the amount of Raider crews which contain no commanders makes the wait for a say Sectoid battleship even longer. So commanders *are* harder to come by in FMP than in vanilla. Hence the idea that maybe I could do something to increase their survivability.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 12:23:44 am by Harald_Gray »

Offline Random Commander

• Captain
  • Making no sense since 1997
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: October 01, 2014, 02:28:34 am »
Try not to do actions that cause panic. Ergo Stun and Mind control.

Get plenty of dart rifles and elerium maces. Maybe a Psi-amp or four, and get them all. Make sure to be covert about it, otherwise blaster bomb risk.

Offline cjones

• Captain
  • Happy bug hunting!
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: October 01, 2014, 05:09:35 pm »
Hey,

Solar, love the mod, good stuff, I just started another play thru after beating piratez and noticed something weird on this play thru.

The Gauss pistol doesn't seem to be affected by range like the other weapons.  I have ufo extender accuracy one, but my Gauss pistol is way OP since it seems to keep its accuracy at almost any range.

I was using latest nightly and latest edition of FMP.  Sadly, I lost the save or I would attach.

Thanks!

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: October 02, 2014, 05:10:46 pm »
I start a new game and i see some fails in tech tree. I can use the ironfist when i dont research e115. I think to use and manufacture them the research is needed. Other i am building the cm and the amp-si without the investigation of e115. May be by the random investigation aquired by interrogation. But i think this is no normal order to get them

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: October 02, 2014, 07:47:24 pm »
The Gauss pistol doesn't seem to be affected by range like the other weapons.  I have ufo extender accuracy one, but my Gauss pistol is way OP since it seems to keep its accuracy at almost any range.

OK, I'll have a look at the code a bit later. I'm not on my laptop now...

I start a new game and i see some fails in tech tree. I can use the ironfist when i dont research e115. I think to use and manufacture them the research is needed.

This is actually intentional; the reasoning is, you don't need to understand exactly how Elerium works to use it, as long as you have the engine. This isn't so with more advanced craft, since they're way more different from Earth planes. (If I added E-115 to the requirements, the Ironfist would quickly be overshadowed by later designs.)

Other i am building the cm and the amp-si without the investigation of e115. May be by the random investigation aquired by interrogation. But i think this is no normal order to get them

Why would Psi-Amp require Elerium? :o

Offline Harald_Gray

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: October 02, 2014, 09:06:08 pm »
Why would Psi-Amp require Elerium? :o

I guess because manufacturing Psi-Amps requires Elerium. Otherwise, no idea...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: October 02, 2014, 10:00:34 pm »

Hmmm. Maybe I should change this...

Hey, at least it'll balance out the elerium lasers! :P

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: October 02, 2014, 10:31:03 pm »
Yeah. For this. If need the elerium tu build the object. You need know the elemment. I think

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: October 04, 2014, 02:50:41 pm »
I love this mod. Especially the added ufopaedia graphics and other small pictures were very (and pleasantly) surprising, very good quality and in-style. Definitively a must-have mod.

Oh, I see you are working on a new FMP+ mod... have to check out that thread right away.  :)

Offline Xeno Wiper

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: October 05, 2014, 04:04:38 am »
My tiny contribution to this huge project...

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=1843.msg33635#msg33635

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: October 05, 2014, 08:56:14 pm »
I love this mod. Especially the added ufopaedia graphics and other small pictures were very (and pleasantly) surprising, very good quality and in-style. Definitively a must-have mod.

Thanks! I've been your fan for a long time (assuming you're the same Civilian), so it matters a lot to me.

BTW, I ran into some problems with the MiB, but don't worry - I'm working on it.