aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580301 times)

Offline Daedalus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION][RESEARCH] FMP Core/Tech Tree part
« Reply #300 on: July 20, 2014, 12:44:37 am »
Laser sniper rifle sounds reasonable, laser shotgun - I'm not sure really. But I guess seeing your sprites would be nice, thanks for the offer! There's always demand for weapon sprites, if not for the FMP then for other projects/people.

I need to think about it, but I think at least the sniper laser is a good idea.

Well, those are nothing special, like I said. Sprite for scatter laser was actually made by Chiko - I only cut some pixels here and there to make it smaller. Laser sniper is just a modified laser rifle with a small scope (edit: seems like I only took it from UFO:TTS and rescaled it long time ago, so I'll have to make a new one...). I only have bigobs for them, since they're very similar to laser rifle.

I also have a heavy, .50 caliber sniper rifle if you want one. While searching for new sniper rifle sounds I found a really cool one, but it was too powerful for current sniper rifle, so I made new rifle from scratch for my own satisfaction. ;) It's big, it's heavy, it's less accurate, it has low ammo, aimed shot takes 90% TUs, but it deals almost as much damage as heavy cannon. Again, only bigobs for this one...

I added a quite significant close range accuracy penalty to it, so it's only good for long range sniping.

Oh, and while we at that... Today while I checked Pirates ruleset I've noticed that many weapons have "aimRange" parameter set. I checked how it works in-game and I must say that it's just brilliant! Adding this parameter with proper values to all of the weapons would greatly enhance overall gameplay. Finally choosing between different weapon types for close-mid-far encounters would have more sense and sniper rifles with proper "minRange" value would be good only for sniping distant targets. I know it would be a lot of work to balance it, but are you even considering to implement such things?
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:11:50 am by Daedalus »

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: July 20, 2014, 11:25:50 am »
Well, those are nothing special, like I said. Sprite for scatter laser was actually made by Chiko - I only cut some pixels here and there to make it smaller. Laser sniper is just a modified laser rifle with a small scope (edit: seems like I only took it from UFO:TTS and rescaled it long time ago, so I'll have to make a new one...). I only have bigobs for them, since they're very similar to laser rifle.
Are you intended to provide these sprites ?
I would be personnally interested...

EDIT : perhaps were you able to answer this "request"
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 12:26:18 pm by Aldorn »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #302 on: July 20, 2014, 02:32:31 pm »
Thanks for the pics Daedalus. They look quite nice, I'd be interesting in using both the laser sniper rifle and the heavy sniper rifle! Though I'd take away the latter's Snap Shot option.

Oh, and while we at that... Today while I checked Pirates ruleset I've noticed that many weapons have "aimRange" parameter set. I checked how it works in-game and I must say that it's just brilliant! Adding this parameter with proper values to all of the weapons would greatly enhance overall gameplay. Finally choosing between different weapon types for close-mid-far encounters would have more sense and sniper rifles with proper "minRange" value would be good only for sniping distant targets. I know it would be a lot of work to balance it, but are you even considering to implement such things?

Basically, yes. But I haven't done this yet, and I would actually accept help. :)

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: July 20, 2014, 02:40:28 pm »
a idea for a armour, less protection but may be iluminated the area, similar than a flare, ideal for night combat

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 20, 2014, 02:45:27 pm »
a idea for a armour, less protection but may be iluminated the area, similar than a flare, ideal for night combat

How about making Cyberdiscs glow...? :D

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 20, 2014, 02:54:11 pm »
Ideal from alien point of view ?

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: July 22, 2014, 03:10:01 am »
In a base mission in the 3 tu rn i see 6 muton crazy running for me. In less 10 tu rns the mission is finish

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 22, 2014, 03:53:42 am »
In a base mission in the 3 tu rn i see 6 muton crazy running for me. In less 10 tu rns the mission is finish

It's hardly related to the mod, but... Well, losing is fun! :q

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 22, 2014, 04:09:03 am »
It's hardly related to the mod, but... Well, losing is fun! :q
What is this ?? It has a nice look, some ultima I/Angband/... design
I will test it if it's a stand alone game, thanks for the link :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 22, 2014, 11:14:47 am »
What is this ?? It has a nice look, some ultima I/Angband/... design
I will test it if it's a stand alone game, thanks for the link :)

An indie gamer not knowing Dwarf Fortress? O_o Damn, this community is a virgin.

I need to make a thread about it. :)

Offline PegasusOrgans

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 23, 2014, 03:11:14 am »
How about some of the new mods like WEAPON REWORK/EXPANSION and COLORED ARMORS?

Offline zetzet13

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: July 24, 2014, 06:36:59 pm »
Hello!

Here is something about research.
I just noticed that often times you don't get a notice when new research is unlocked.
It's there in the topics but easy to miss.

Is there any way to change that?

Sadly I can't give a specific topic right because I just noticed by accident.
the last few topics I researched were Alien Leaders, so maybe that's the problem?

Offline DreamsofTrance

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: July 24, 2014, 07:26:28 pm »
Hello! I'm fairly new to Open Xcom and wanted to mention that I LOVE this mod. Been enjoying it for about 30 hours over the last few days.

Edit: Nevermind, found I just couldn't read... :D
« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 07:31:44 pm by DreamsofTrance »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: July 24, 2014, 09:35:52 pm »
Sorry it took me so long to respond, I've been extremely busy recently.

How about some of the new mods like WEAPON REWORK/EXPANSION and COLORED ARMORS?

Every mod is being considered. I generally don't want to change vanilla items, but if I find a place for new weapons, why not. As for the armours, I haven't really started yet on this part... :)

Hello!

Here is something about research.
I just noticed that often times you don't get a notice when new research is unlocked.
It's there in the topics but easy to miss.

Is there any way to change that?

Sadly I can't give a specific topic right because I just noticed by accident.
the last few topics I researched were Alien Leaders, so maybe that's the problem?

Hmm, sadly I don't know why it happens, but I noticed it too. It's not unique to the FMP anyway.

Hello! I'm fairly new to Open Xcom and wanted to mention that I LOVE this mod. Been enjoying it for about 30 hours over the last few days.

Edit: Nevermind, found I just couldn't read... :D

Nevermind, I didn't see that. :D Enjoy the mod!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: July 25, 2014, 02:10:08 pm »
Version 0.6.1 is up:
  • I added the Elerium Bomb mod by Fatrat and a a Laser Sniper Rifle by Dioxine.
  • I finally gave in and modified the two starting vanilla tanks. I gave the Tank/Cannon an explosive charge (since it felt almost useless to me, due to the Tank/Minigun; it could require further balance though, since explosive charges are deadly). The Tank/Rocket Launcher can now fire two rockets at once, since it clearly has two missile launchers.
  • I fixed some vanilla missions possibly not appearing; kudos to Hobbes for spotting this problem.
  • I updated Hobbes' Terrain Pack updated to the newest version.
  • I reworked all flying armours (essentially, the entire Grav Armours mod by Clownagent). You no longer use a Floater corpse to produce them; instead, you extract the gravity unit from a Floater corpse in a separate manufacturing process, and then use this unit for the actual armour. You can also produce this unit from scratch after you research Alien Gravity Generator.
  • I added and fixed some listOrders. Some are probably still missing, but at least we're getting somewhere.