aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580317 times)

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3285 on: January 30, 2022, 07:01:06 pm »
Is there anyway to get them to spawn on purpose?  I'd really like to catch one.  So upset I shot it like inches off a coast line.

Not that I know of.
But the hyper wave decoder is your best friend. keep an eye out for them.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3286 on: February 03, 2022, 12:59:15 pm »
Godar, what difficulty are you on? It's important for the alien retaliation issue.

As for your anti-grav module recovery, sorry but I only understood 5% of it, which is "let us mince live aliens for parts". I don't get how inventory slots relate to this problem.

As for more flying armours - there are as many s were made. It's like asking why we don't have more rifles, or maps, or music...

Offline godar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3287 on: February 05, 2022, 10:10:52 pm »
Difficlty is impossible. 20% retaliation.

The second idea is that from a living alien it was possible to obtain two products in the workshop or a more complex product than from a dead one. And not so that from a dead one you can get a product, but nothing can be obtained from a living alien.

At the expense of flying armor and segment armor. I understand that it needs changes in the gameplay or additional pictures with characteristics, but they just don’t exist. I just submitted an idea, but if it remains at the level of an idea, then this is normal.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3288 on: February 07, 2022, 12:20:06 pm »
Difficlty is impossible. 20% retaliation.

I never tested at this difficulty... It's pretty extreme. Can anyone else confirm?

The second idea is that from a living alien it was possible to obtain two products in the workshop or a more complex product than from a dead one. And not so that from a dead one you can get a product, but nothing can be obtained from a living alien.

The thing is, I don't really like the idea of butchering sapient beings for body parts.

At the expense of flying armor and segment armor. I understand that it needs changes in the gameplay or additional pictures with characteristics, but they just don’t exist. I just submitted an idea, but if it remains at the level of an idea, then this is normal.

What's a "segment armor"? And what do you mean by "at the expense"? Do you mean to replace them with something else?

Offline godar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3289 on: February 07, 2022, 07:30:14 pm »
Small translation error. Segmental armor - additional armor on a specific side - top, bottom, left, right, front and back. Stacks with existing armor. The way it works - a shield made at the factory from the corpse of a certain alien is placed in a certain slot. Occupies 2*1 cells. You can put several pieces in the slots and they are summed up among themselves.
- Feet - bottom. (fits 1 segment in each leg).
- Shoulders - top. (placed in each shoulder for 1 segment).
- Left hand - left (1 segment).
- Right hand - on the right (1 segment).
- Backpack on the back - behind. (fits 3 such segments).
- Belt - in front. (2 segments fit).
If you hold this segment of armor in your hand, then you can throw it, or you can hit the enemy close to it like a shield with a stun effect.

At the expense of butchering living aliens - I am also against such use and I am for the introduction of control modules into them so that they can fight on our side in missions on an ongoing basis, but then how are we different from the men in black? You can then even come up with an ending, if we take the Martian brain under control or prisoner, then we conclude a non-aggression pact with aliens and our ideas coincide with the ideas of the men in black. The result - they become our division along with hybrids and sectoids and flyers. But it smacks of a betrayal of humanity and therefore is a bit of a losing ending. Enemy aliens can neutralize control over our aliens - just use the psi-amplifier.
There is another way out - to expand the list of armored vehicles produced directly from living or dead enemy armored vehicles, that is, to include in this list, in addition to the cyberdisk and sectopod and hybrid disk, other types of armored vehicles. For example, spitter and salamandron, holodron.

There is also an idea about the use of missing operatives - they are automatically captured and they are implanted with a control module and given weapons. In this case, when you go on a mission to capture the alien base or supply the alien base - the lost operatives appear on the map and fight against you in the armor in which they were lost and you can stun them or take them under your control and if they are at the end of the mission are on your side or neutralized - they return to base and again become your operatives after going through the treatment in the infirmary - they return with 1 additional fatal wound and 1 additional lost health - so that they have something to heal. This will make it possible to tell a story about them, how they were captured, what they did with them there, and how they were released from captivity and returned to duty.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3290 on: February 08, 2022, 12:47:58 pm »
Small translation error. Segmental armor - additional armor on a specific side - top, bottom, left, right, front and back. Stacks with existing armor. The way it works - a shield made at the factory from the corpse of a certain alien is placed in a certain slot. Occupies 2*1 cells. You can put several pieces in the slots and they are summed up among themselves.

I have no idea how to do that, and I doubt it can be done even with scripts. Sorry.

At the expense of butchering living aliens - I am also against such use and I am for the introduction of control modules into them so that they can fight on our side in missions on an ongoing basis, but then how are we different from the men in black? You can then even come up with an ending, if we take the Martian brain under control or prisoner, then we conclude a non-aggression pact with aliens and our ideas coincide with the ideas of the men in black. The result - they become our division along with hybrids and sectoids and flyers. But it smacks of a betrayal of humanity and therefore is a bit of a losing ending. Enemy aliens can neutralize control over our aliens - just use the psi-amplifier.

That's theoretically possible, but a bit outside of scope of the FMP. :)

There is another way out - to expand the list of armored vehicles produced directly from living or dead enemy armored vehicles, that is, to include in this list, in addition to the cyberdisk and sectopod and hybrid disk, other types of armored vehicles. For example, spitter and salamandron, holodron.

Also kinda too involved for the FMP.

There is also an idea about the use of missing operatives - they are automatically captured and they are implanted with a control module and given weapons. In this case, when you go on a mission to capture the alien base or supply the alien base - the lost operatives appear on the map and fight against you in the armor in which they were lost and you can stun them or take them under your control and if they are at the end of the mission are on your side or neutralized - they return to base and again become your operatives after going through the treatment in the infirmary - they return with 1 additional fatal wound and 1 additional lost health - so that they have something to heal. This will make it possible to tell a story about them, how they were captured, what they did with them there, and how they were released from captivity and returned to duty.

Interesting, but about as realistic as including an Arcanoid segment to the mod. :P

Offline Aarontu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3291 on: March 31, 2022, 05:16:58 am »
Hi, I just played through a game of UFO Defense with the Final Mod Pack and really enjoyed it! One aspect I really liked that I haven't seen anywhere else is the reddish tint to the Alien Base textures in the second part of the Cydonia assault. Is that from some other mod that has been incorporated into this one? Is there a standalone mod that does this to the Cydonia base?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3292 on: March 31, 2022, 12:50:40 pm »
Hi, I just played through a game of UFO Defense with the Final Mod Pack and really enjoyed it! One aspect I really liked that I haven't seen anywhere else is the reddish tint to the Alien Base textures in the second part of the Cydonia assault. Is that from some other mod that has been incorporated into this one? Is there a standalone mod that does this to the Cydonia base?

Hi! I made these recoulours myself, and I don't think it's been published in any other mod, apart from X-Com Files (which has a lot of FMP stuff). I can make such a standalone mod if someone's interested.

Offline Aarontu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3293 on: March 31, 2022, 11:25:34 pm »
Hi! I made these recoulours myself, and I don't think it's been published in any other mod, apart from X-Com Files (which has a lot of FMP stuff). I can make such a standalone mod if someone's interested.
Personally, I would love to use those red Mars base textures with other mods, or even a "pretty much vanilla" playthrough. If it isn't too much work.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3294 on: April 01, 2022, 10:45:58 am »
Personally, I would love to use those red Mars base textures with other mods, or even a "pretty much vanilla" playthrough. If it isn't too much work.

OK, I can do that.
For Cydonia only, or should I simply replace vanilla files for all alien bases?

Offline Aarontu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3295 on: April 02, 2022, 07:07:10 am »
OK, I can do that.
For Cydonia only, or should I simply replace vanilla files for all alien bases?
Just for Cydonia. It made the otherwise familiar base terrain feel different and unfamiliar, and look a bit more like subterranean Mars. It was great.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3296 on: April 04, 2022, 01:47:15 pm »
Just for Cydonia. It made the otherwise familiar base terrain feel different and unfamiliar, and look a bit more like subterranean Mars. It was great.

All right, here you go! :)
https://openxcom.mod.io/golden-cydonia

Offline Aarontu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3297 on: April 05, 2022, 11:03:26 am »

Offline PAK001

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3298 on: April 07, 2022, 04:46:19 pm »