Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1602902 times)

Offline godar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3270 on: January 07, 2022, 11:07:17 pm »
Google translate help for you.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: January 08, 2022, 01:13:52 am »
For you too, even more as you are one and there is many readers.

Offline Kammerer

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: January 08, 2022, 08:33:36 am »

Truth to be told, Kato is Russian, just like me. However, this is an international forum, so publicly we all speak the language conceivable to the vast majority of the forum visitors. If you don't care about others, why should they even care about your opinion? Moreover, this mod's author doesn't speak Russian, not even to a degree, so whom are you talking with when publishing these huge posts then? Even if the author machine translates them, he will hardly get any idea from your writings, as you don't adapt your language at all, although I have to admit that DeepL does a surprisingly good job here. Finally, most of your ideas-complaints go way beyond the scope of this mod as they require heavy engine modifications. So if you want things like alternate endings and changing map building mechanics, better move these suggestions to the OXCE section of the forum.

Offline godar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: January 08, 2022, 09:37:39 pm »
What the ship in the picture?
And yes, sectoid commander in my right hand...

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: January 09, 2022, 04:39:05 pm »
And yes, sectoid commander in my right hand...

I believe it's the large Harvester.
Spoiler alert..
Aliens will shoot (and drop down) from the 3rd floor ship door in the captains quarters.

Offline godar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: January 09, 2022, 11:24:38 pm »
- An old mistake that has not yet been fixed - if you have built a sufficient amount of anti-missile defense to fight off a battleship, then after its destruction above the base, knowledge of the base's location is not reset and the battleship continues to arrive at it regularly every week until either the base is destroyed or  the base will not be defended during ground assault with the help of infantry and armored vehicles.  Unfortunately, to verify this fact, more than 10 air defense buildings had to be built, which took up a decent chunk of the base.  This means that this method of defense is still ineffective.
- Celatids and Cerebreal fly, but the anti-gravity module cannot be removed from them, since they are of natural origin and these aliens are small in size.  Whether it is possible to blind an anti-gravity module from two anti-gravitational glands of these aliens is still unknown, but I would like to try.
- A large harvester is difficult to board because it only has one ground entrance.  In this case, a good solution would be to use a dog or rocket tank to open doors and repeatedly detonate the elevator shaft.  Undermine until there is no one to approach and then you can begin to capture.  if the commander came out, then it is worth putting him to sleep and taking him out of the UFO, otherwise he will simply be blown apart by the next explosion.  It is also better to actively use the brain probe to determine the rank of aliens, so that you can capture medics and navigators.  Whether there are engineers on this ship is unknown.  I also did not find out if it is possible to capture the ship from above through the roof using flying armor or hovertanks, but it is worth trying to check this.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2022, 12:42:05 am by godar »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3276 on: January 10, 2022, 05:12:39 pm »

It's a Lab Ship.

- An old mistake that has not yet been fixed - if you have built a sufficient amount of anti-missile defense to fight off a battleship, then after its destruction above the base, knowledge of the base's location is not reset and the battleship continues to arrive at it regularly every week until either the base is destroyed or  the base will not be defended during ground assault with the help of infantry and armored vehicles.  Unfortunately, to verify this fact, more than 10 air defense buildings had to be built, which took up a decent chunk of the base.  This means that this method of defense is still ineffective.

I believe it's a function of the game engine, not the mod... I could modify this, but it would only work in OXCE, not vanilla. (I'll probably do this anyway.)

- Celatids and Cerebreal fly, but the anti-gravity module cannot be removed from them, since they are of natural origin and these aliens are small in size.  Whether it is possible to blind an anti-gravity module from two anti-gravitational glands of these aliens is still unknown, but I would like to try.

But they don't use anti-gravity modules...
Well, maybe Cerebreal larvae do.

- A large harvester is difficult to board because it only has one ground entrance.  In this case, a good solution would be to use a dog or rocket tank to open doors and repeatedly detonate the elevator shaft.  Undermine until there is no one to approach and then you can begin to capture.  if the commander came out, then it is worth putting him to sleep and taking him out of the UFO, otherwise he will simply be blown apart by the next explosion.  It is also better to actively use the brain probe to determine the rank of aliens, so that you can capture medics and navigators.  Whether there are engineers on this ship is unknown.  I also did not find out if it is possible to capture the ship from above through the roof using flying armor or hovertanks, but it is worth trying to check this.

Not sure what you mean - is the UFO too hard to assault? Not worth it?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2022, 02:39:10 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline godar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: January 11, 2022, 12:09:01 pm »
 - The flying laboratory is not difficult for boarding, there is just a special tactic when conducting it, and I told it, that is, this is an experience and not a complaint.
 - In addition, I was asked to translate my notes above into English, which I did.  I hope that now they will become clear to you.
 - Well, I noticed that the hybrids use a single-cell drone with a laser cannon on board and I can even stun it and capture it, but then ... I can't make anything like a cyberdisk out of it in the workshop, but an employee on the X-forces side  com.  that is, there is no analogue of a reconnaissance drone with a laser rifle on board.
 - A discrepancy was noticed between the models of the ships of the hybrids and the real buildings from which they attack on the map.  I see spaceships when attacking and it seems that I am attacking flying islands with castles located on them.  There is a proposal to depict them in the pictures when attacking by fighters.  It will look like an Easter egg - a reference to one of the versions of the game, where the bases were located on such flying islands - Laputa.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2022, 12:38:52 pm by godar »

Offline godar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: January 12, 2022, 07:33:41 pm »
another oddity - for the production of an anti-gravity module, I need the corpses of flyers.  I have these flyers, but alive - 5 soldiers.  They are not researchable because I already have a opened flier.  When selling, I will receive only the money and not the module.  I go into the prison and try to kill these 4 soldier flyers by selecting them as unusable samples, but - they do not die, they simply disappear without the appearance of the corpses of the flyers.  That is, they are killed very skillfully - without leaving corpses as building material for workshops.

Offline token

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: January 18, 2022, 02:05:59 am »
Hello, first and foremost thanks oh so much to all the contributors, this did MORE than breath new life into an old game.  So many of the mods are things my friend and I dreamed about and wished for when we played this game so many years ago.

That said, I went through a heck of a time capturing an MiB psi ops person two times, but both times they are not taken alive and thus I cannot make progress with psi research.  I have psi labs/training but can't use mind probes.  Is this a feature or a bug?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3280 on: January 21, 2022, 02:46:12 pm »
- The flying laboratory is not difficult for boarding, there is just a special tactic when conducting it, and I told it, that is, this is an experience and not a complaint.

Sure, I get that.
As a side note: there's a certain type of player who considers Lab Ship the hardest shit in the mod... But it really depends on your tactics.

- Well, I noticed that the hybrids use a single-cell drone with a laser cannon on board and I can even stun it and capture it, but then ... I can't make anything like a cyberdisk out of it in the workshop, but an employee on the X-forces side  com.  that is, there is no analogue of a reconnaissance drone with a laser rifle on board.

Maybe some day. I have some sprites, it's only a matter of work.

- A discrepancy was noticed between the models of the ships of the hybrids and the real buildings from which they attack on the map.  I see spaceships when attacking and it seems that I am attacking flying islands with castles located on them.  There is a proposal to depict them in the pictures when attacking by fighters.  It will look like an Easter egg - a reference to one of the versions of the game, where the bases were located on such flying islands - Laputa.

I hope to just make it work better :) However, it's pretty hard in vanilla OXC.

another oddity - for the production of an anti-gravity module, I need the corpses of flyers.  I have these flyers, but alive - 5 soldiers.  They are not researchable because I already have a opened flier.  When selling, I will receive only the money and not the module.  I go into the prison and try to kill these 4 soldier flyers by selecting them as unusable samples, but - they do not die, they simply disappear without the appearance of the corpses of the flyers.  That is, they are killed very skillfully - without leaving corpses as building material for workshops.

Indeed, I see the problem... But I'm not sure what to do. The only solution I can think of is adding a lot of manufacturing projects to turn living aliens into dead aliens, but it's not very elegant, and also rather grim.

Hello, first and foremost thanks oh so much to all the contributors, this did MORE than breath new life into an old game.  So many of the mods are things my friend and I dreamed about and wished for when we played this game so many years ago.

Many thanks, in the name of the whole community!

That said, I went through a heck of a time capturing an MiB psi ops person two times, but both times they are not taken alive and thus I cannot make progress with psi research.  I have psi labs/training but can't use mind probes.  Is this a feature or a bug?

Hmm... I can't see anything wrong at a glance, would you have a save?

Offline token

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: January 26, 2022, 09:09:41 pm »
Sorry went well past by now, this FMP is so addicting!  I got past the research block so I guess it was just me not capturing the right people.  But are the MiB psi people part of the research tree?  Can they be taken alive?  In my game even though I stun them, they show up as dead.

Off topic/rant.  I open up visual on UFOs out of muscle memory and this one time there was a gold colored UFO (envoy mission I believe).  So excited to shoot it down and check it out... did not catch I was just off a coast and over water.  Damn...  I guess these missions are super rare?

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: January 27, 2022, 01:37:02 pm »
Sorry went well past by now, this FMP is so addicting!  I got past the research block so I guess it was just me not capturing the right people.  But are the MiB psi people part of the research tree?  Can they be taken alive?  In my game even though I stun them, they show up as dead.

Off topic/rant.  I open up visual on UFOs out of muscle memory and this one time there was a gold colored UFO (envoy mission I believe).  So excited to shoot it down and check it out... did not catch I was just off a coast and over water.  Damn...  I guess these missions are super rare?

Yeah those envoy ships are like easter eggs. There's a lot of cool stuff that can be found on those ethrals. It can't be reproduced, but it can be salvaged and reused.
As far as the MIB, yes the MIB coordinators can be caught and interrogated.

Offline token

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: January 28, 2022, 08:42:50 pm »
Yeah those envoy ships are like easter eggs

Is there anyway to get them to spawn on purpose?  I'd really like to catch one.  So upset I shot it like inches off a coast line.

Offline godar

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: January 28, 2022, 09:36:42 pm »
You are probably waiting for new tests and notes from me, but I am now at a dead end. As I said, the aliens found one of my bases and now every 4 days a warship flies there. I shoot him down because I have 7000 base defense, that is, 14 missile defense, moreover, I often save and load the save if the defense fails. But even this only helps to delay time and nothing more. I've managed to survive 4 attacks so far and in that time research and build a laser cannon storm on all my bases. I know that two such thunderstorms are strong enough to hold out until they shoot down a battleship. But this does not solve the problem either, because the battleship simply leaves the battle with a speed of 5000 with a maximum thunderstorm speed of 4000. I looked at the speeds of the other ships and realized that if the battleship does not go into battle on its own, then I will only be able to intercept it with a tormentor (6200 ) and avenger (5400). It seems that the tactic has developed - to play for time by actively overwriting until the moment when I grow up to these aircraft in terms of technology and then still intercept the warship. Let me remind you that I just decided to test all alternative methods of repelling a retaliation attack - except for the ground defense of the base. And I ran into the following difficulty - the number of missions per month per region is limited and in the Australian region everything was blocked by the retaliation mission, but as it turned out, not only in Australia - the battleship begins its direct flight to the base in neighboring regions, and therefore in them the retaliation mission clogged list of possible missions. Bottom line - I have half of the regions hanging with this mission, which means that there are simply no other missions there. I have been intercepting single small ships in regions far from Australia for a month now and, of course, I do not get a single engineer. I simply have nothing to explore, and due to the presence of only small missions, my rating has dropped to about 3000 per month. Even terrors do not occur - apparently I intercept them at the stage of small missions and they have been transferred more than once. In general, I even got a little bored and started working on new proposals for expanding the technology tree and production projects. That's what I came up with in the very first moments ...

- The problem of obtaining anti-gravity modules from living flyers has two solutions.
 a) rejected living samples of aliens are simply killed and become corpses, and you can already safely sell them as corpses or disassemble them into organs.
 b) A new recipe for the production of an anti-gravity module appears in the workshop - from a living flyer, but since the flyer is alive, in addition to the anti-gravity module, we can also extract controls from its body - for example, alien electronics or their cloak - an object occupying 2 * 1 cells and allowing you to additionally protect the fighter from a certain side simply if he stands in certain slots - a backpack - from behind, legs - from below, shoulders - from above, left hand - to the left, right hand - to the right, belt - in front. the cloak-shield gives additional protection +10 in a certain segment to the already existing armor set dressed on a fighter and weighs only 2 kg. Yes - we can put them 2 in the shoulders (+20 on top), 3 in the backpack (+30 in the back), 2 in the waist (+20 in the front), 1 in each arm (+10 on the left and +10 on the right) and 2 in the legs (+20 from below), but it will take us a lot of slots and add weight and protection will increase slightly, but if we don’t have more high-tech armor or we wear a synthetic suit, then this is an excellent gain, moreover, strictly selective - designed to resist hits from a certain side . I think that after the advent of such technology, flyers will become even more valuable and everyone will strive to capture them alive - segment armor is worth it even if only one +10 segment comes out of one live flyer.

However, that's not all I've come up with. I had a question - why are there so few flying armor kits - after all, you can think of attaching this anti-gravity module to the rest of the non-flying armor kits, provided that the kits themselves were not bought on the market but previously produced by you in the workshop. That is, I received new types of armor:
a). Flying bulletproof vest (sp) - protection is approximately 34 15 15 21 13.
b). Flying chemical protection suit - protection approximately 25 30 30 30 20.
v). Flying synthetic suit - defense approximately 35 30 30 25 20.
G). Flying juggernaut armor - protection is approximately 120 95 95 85 80.
e). Flying assault armor - defense approximately 70 65 65 55 40.
I have not yet calculated the rest of the characteristics of these types of armor, but what they are approximately - it is also not difficult to calculate.

That's all for now, but I don't stop thinking - so there might be more suggestions to expand the tech tree.