Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580473 times)

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3090 on: September 17, 2019, 10:48:55 am »
Right, so now its either barbecue with samandrons or run, just run with xeno's, uh I mean chryssalids. Neat to know. I just had a base defense not long ago and it was snakemen. Luckily they had just the barbecue dinosaurs with them. I beat that mission without casualties.

I have now played my veteran game quite far, its half way september. I'm reaching laser & gauss weapons finally, I think I'm missing only one thing to get hyperwave decoder, I already researched the sentinel and so on. Some times the game still feels too easy. But the difference to experienced is randomness. I had one base defense on which I lost nine soldiers in the cleanup. Then I assaulted sectoid base which I won without any casualties... On most small missions I don't loose anyone, but it can all change really quickly... I didn't see much of that on lower difficulties.

I'm thinking of starting another game on genius perhaps.

I will still applaud the balance, every time I get something better, the aliens get harder to deal with. And no bugs, everything seems to work smoothly.

EDIT:
I'm in a bit of dead end with dealing with Mutons at the moment. I'm yet to reach anything more powerful than normal/alien laser rifle and I lack a good method on dealing with the green goblins close quarters... The problem is that I don't want to sacrifice all my experienced crews on dealing with Mutons. I did two tactical withdrawals in a row. There was a Muton base mission and I had to abort assaulting the battleship. I didn't take other casualties than the dog, but my rocket HWP was nearly knocked out. Aaand, they had those hovering rocket spitting lovelies around. I only saw one, but decided to pull out regardless. I gave it quite a hammering but it just kept on going. I wonder how much rockets and grenades will it suck before going down? I was considering a close HE pack assault but decided not to. Oh and it was a night mission too.

Then I aborted the recovery of the other supplyship. Securing the LZ would have been a total pain in the ass as RNG decided that I need to have at least one muton on each side and really close, too close to toss explosives around unless I would go kamikaze on them. I have been "stuck" on other research for a while, I guess I should go for all the neat weaponry ASAP. It seems that greenies are on the menu now all the time. The aliens sure have an stranglehold on me now unless I make drastic progress on research to get heavier weaponry. I think I'm now reaching the point where nearly all conventional weaponry will soon be obsolete.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2019, 03:00:24 pm by Hexhammer »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3091 on: September 25, 2019, 07:34:57 pm »
Well, Mutons are supposed to be the elites. You can always try using swords! ;)

Offline Hexhammer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3092 on: September 26, 2019, 11:23:16 am »
Thanks for the tip. ;) I started a new game on the side of the old one as I'm bit more aware of the tech tree now... Mutons sure are a royal pain in the ass.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3093 on: October 18, 2019, 07:06:05 pm »
Version 2.4 is online.

- Added missing ranks to Cybermite and Holodrone units.
- Improved the armour of Gazer Commander.
- Added Globetrotter medal graphics (by Carfax).
- Added autopsy picture for Chaser (by Voidavatar).
- Fixed some terrain tiles (0 armour).
- Updated translations.
- Minor fixes.

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3094 on: October 19, 2019, 10:49:47 pm »
I saw one mod with alloy tanks for OXCE and I wondered if we could have alloy tanks in FMP too.

Same idea for the training room (even if I don't know where I could build this in my bases since a complete base already use the 36 squares.access(1) Hyperwave decoder (1), 3 hangars (12) 2 labs (2) with 100 scientists 2 workshops (2) with 70 engineers ,30 soldiers ,1 large living quarter(4), 1 large storage (4) 3 Psi Labs (3), 1 alien detention (1), for defense 4 fusion defenses, 1 grav shield, one psi cloak (even if when you have the tech bases are mostly known) (6))

I wonder if it's possible to have a bigger base grid and extra space could be used only for corridors or other structural improvements. for internal defense

Also I wonder if it's possible to have levels in some buildings  like the alien containment, psi lab, training, infirmary each level adds 10 persons to a limit of 50. After all 1x1 buildings can handle 50 people

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3095 on: October 20, 2019, 02:54:58 pm »
I saw one mod with alloy tanks for OXCE and I wondered if we could have alloy tanks in FMP too.

We could, but standard tanks are pretty sturdy already. Alloy tanks would be nearly unstoppable, and I don't want to nerf normal tanks to make room for alloy ones.

Same idea for the training room (even if I don't know where I could build this in my bases since a complete base already use the 36 squares.access(1) Hyperwave decoder (1), 3 hangars (12) 2 labs (2) with 100 scientists 2 workshops (2) with 70 engineers ,30 soldiers ,1 large living quarter(4), 1 large storage (4) 3 Psi Labs (3), 1 alien detention (1), for defense 4 fusion defenses, 1 grav shield, one psi cloak (even if when you have the tech bases are mostly known) (6))

Same idea? As in, alloy gym??? ;D
Sorry, I have no idea what you mean.

I wonder if it's possible to have a bigger base grid and extra space could be used only for corridors or other structural improvements. for internal defense

Not really, unless you talk some developer into it. And there are balance issues which make this endeavour not that attractive.

Also I wonder if it's possible to have levels in some buildings  like the alien containment, psi lab, training, infirmary each level adds 10 persons to a limit of 50. After all 1x1 buildings can handle 50 people

Possible, but it's a lot of work and I doubt it's that needed.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 04:12:07 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3096 on: October 20, 2019, 03:37:09 pm »
"same idea" was not clear sorry. The gym mod exists in buiding mod pack for oxce but not in FMP.
I may switch for oxce at some point (base game, xcom file and oxce installed already since OXC mods seems compatible with OXCE I can install FMP on OXCE, I have no reason to stay with OXC). Adding a compatibility tag of mods for most major mods or conversions could be nice by the way

One thing I really wanted to be able to do is to upgrade power armor to fly suits (because actually I'm low on floater corpses) there's a mod that can do that but it doesn't take into account the antigrav modules
« Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 03:47:44 pm by betatester »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3097 on: October 20, 2019, 04:13:18 pm »
"same idea" was not clear sorry. The gym mod exists in buiding mod pack for oxce but not in FMP.
I may switch for oxce at some point (base game, xcom file and oxce installed already since OXC mods seems compatible with OXCE I can install FMP on OXCE, I have no reason to stay with OXC). Adding a compatibility tag of mods for most major mods or conversions could be nice by the way

Well FMP is strictly OXC, and that's that.

One thing I really wanted to be able to do is to upgrade power armor to fly suits (because actually I'm low on floater corpses) there's a mod that can do that but it doesn't take into account the antigrav modules

But can't you manufacture grav modules later?

Offline betatester

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3098 on: October 20, 2019, 06:00:11 pm »
actually I can't, all I can do is grav module extraction but I have only one floater from a mixed race mission
if I produce power armor they will finish in my base defense units, my deployed units using flying ones ASAP.
 Being able to upgrade power suit to flying suit could be a nice addition. You produce power armor and they aren't wasted when a floater ship has the good idea to come. Same when/if you can produce grav module, you just upgrade power armor

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3099 on: October 20, 2019, 06:34:45 pm »
Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_GRAV_MODULE
    category: STR_BASIC_COMPONENTS
    requires:
      - STR_ALIEN_GRAVITY_GENERATOR
    space: 4
    time: 800
    cost: 10000
    requiredItems:
      STR_ELERIUM_115: 5
    listOrder: 2609

Yes, you can. :P

EDIT:

Hobbes has forbidden usage of his terrain resources in any other mod, so I've temporarily removed X-Com Files from the portal until I remove all the content. Don't panic; this is not a big deal. It will take a while, though.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 06:35:03 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3100 on: November 30, 2019, 11:56:20 am »
I noticed that in the Final Mod Pack(V2.3) the "Heavy Machine Gun" FloorOb did not appear to be rendering the entire image.

The image was 32 x 48 pixels whereas other FloorObs are 32 x 40.

So I reduced the size of the image and that seemed to fix it.

Original Image:

Fixed Image:

Offline Almoorn

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3101 on: November 30, 2019, 03:07:14 pm »
How can i update the picture with the correct one?

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #3102 on: November 30, 2019, 05:03:04 pm »
How can i update the picture with the correct one?

Before doing this I suggest making a backup of the original floorob_HMG.png file before replacing it as the Final Mod Pack is currently not available for download.

The file you are looking to replace can be found inside the Final Mod Pack's folders here:
FinalModPack/Resources/FinalModPack/Weapons_Compilation/HMG/floorob_HMG.png

As the file name and file format are the same as what the Mod is expecting everything should work just by placing the image inside that folder.

(Unless there has been a change involving the Heavy Machine Gun between version Final Mod Pack V2.3 and V2.4. I'm using V2.3)

Offline Docent

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3103 on: December 01, 2019, 10:16:55 am »
It works, thanks.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile