aliens

Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1570400 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #3000 on: November 13, 2018, 03:14:41 am »
They're dropped from a very rare alien mission. You'll know the ship when you get a look at it during interception.

Offline captinjoehenry

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: November 13, 2018, 03:22:11 am »
Ah the gold one?  Can I make them and their ammo once I get one or am I stuck with what I can loot?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3002 on: November 13, 2018, 11:52:39 am »
You can't make ammo for the Blaster Multi-Launcher.
(Which perhaps should be changed.)

Offline captinjoehenry

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: November 15, 2018, 05:15:32 am »
I would REALLY like to be able to make ammo for the multi blaster launcher.  Maybe require a capture of the Ethereal Ambassadors from their envoy ship to get the recipe for the ammo?  As it is I'm fine with the launcher being unbuildable but being able to make ammo for it would be so so good if it is sutably expensive and not easy to unlock.

Also which is better?  The railguns or plasma weapons?

And I seem to have the sprites of the Gaus Weapons in place of my railgun weapons for some reason.  Or did the old guas sprites get changed to the railgun sprites?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 11:47:07 pm by captinjoehenry »

Offline Guilty man

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: November 21, 2018, 12:35:17 pm »
Hello, Solarius Scorch!
I've got a crash nearly the end of the game, so it's sad to drop everything in this moment.  :'( Maybe there is a way to solve the problem somehow? And the problem is:
[21-11-2018_13-20-45]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Error proccessing mission script named: recon, mission type: STR_HYBRID_GROUND_CONVOY is not defined
Everything worked well untill now.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: November 21, 2018, 04:02:53 pm »
Thanks and sorry. I will check ASAP.

(I swear, those hybrids are easily the most troublesome thing in this mod.)

EDIT:
I think it should be fine... Are you sure you have the latest version of the mod?
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 08:15:52 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline NiceMicro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: November 22, 2018, 03:05:14 am »
I would REALLY like to be able to make ammo for the multi blaster launcher.  Maybe require a capture of the Ethereal Ambassadors from their envoy ship to get the recipe for the ammo?  As it is I'm fine with the launcher being unbuildable but being able to make ammo for it would be so so good if it is sutably expensive and not easy to unlock.

I don't really have a say in this as I have never tried the FMP (maybe after I finish the LP for Area 51 I'll give that a try too), but to me it sounds like a good balancing for a very OP weapon that you have to painstakingly loot the ammo for it to use, it sounds like it makes it more like a special thing to solve extremely hard problems, but you are always encouraged to try any other method before resorting to this option.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: November 22, 2018, 11:07:31 am »
I don't really have a say in this as I have never tried the FMP (maybe after I finish the LP for Area 51 I'll give that a try too), but to me it sounds like a good balancing for a very OP weapon that you have to painstakingly loot the ammo for it to use, it sounds like it makes it more like a special thing to solve extremely hard problems, but you are always encouraged to try any other method before resorting to this option.

Your reasoning is sound, but in this case it's not that applicable, because this particular weapon is so rare that you are unlikely to ever encounter it before Cydonia. This means that if you are lucky enough to find the weapon in the first place, you can't realistically replenish your ammo by looting.
Therefore I agree that it should be manufacturable. I really hope it won't break the balance...

Offline Guilty man

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: November 22, 2018, 11:45:16 am »
Thanks and sorry. I will check ASAP.

(I swear, those hybrids are easily the most troublesome thing in this mod.)

EDIT:
I think it should be fine... Are you sure you have the latest version of the mod?
Yeah. Recently I updated It's version to latest 2.2d. After 2-3 days of playing this version I get this error.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: November 22, 2018, 11:47:48 am »
Missions are generated at the beginning of each month. So if your mission was generated incorrectly, the problem will probably persist even after the update.
To solve it, try reloading a save from the previous month. Alternatively, you can edit your save file to remove or replace the faulty mission.

Offline NiceMicro

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: November 22, 2018, 02:09:16 pm »
this particular weapon is so rare that you are unlikely to ever encounter it before Cydonia. This means that if you are lucky enough to find the weapon in the first place, you can't realistically replenish your ammo by looting.

but this also means that this weapon is not really required to win the game though, but if found, makes it easier. In this case, if you need to capture it to manufacture it, the luck factor will be multiplied by you being able to replenish the ammo.

Just in a general perspective, in case of a narrow win/loss situation, not finding this weapon before going to Cydonia might result in a loss, if you find it, it'll be an easy win. So if you keep it very rare and hard to find with a launcher that can't be reproduced, but very powerful and let the player get the ammo for it, there's no way it won't screw the balance. It either will be too easy if found, or too difficult if not found.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: November 22, 2018, 07:55:51 pm »
but this also means that this weapon is not really required to win the game though, but if found, makes it easier. In this case, if you need to capture it to manufacture it, the luck factor will be multiplied by you being able to replenish the ammo.

Just in a general perspective, in case of a narrow win/loss situation, not finding this weapon before going to Cydonia might result in a loss, if you find it, it'll be an easy win. So if you keep it very rare and hard to find with a launcher that can't be reproduced, but very powerful and let the player get the ammo for it, there's no way it won't screw the balance. It either will be too easy if found, or too difficult if not found.

Yes, again you make a lot of sense, but I am not sure if this weapon is all that great. It's a variant of the Blaster Launcher with less powerful munitions but a whole clip of them. Destructive? Absolutely. Overpowered? Yes, but I don't know if more than the standard Blaster Launcher.
As it is now, if you don't find it, you still have standard Blaster Launchers - less fancy, but with more oomph and ultimately similar in use. If you find it, you probably get more chances to attack (since it's faster) and can use it when moving more, which is certainly nice, but I don't think it's "easy win".
The situation is exacerbated by the fact that other such super rare weapons are generally of unlimited use.

Offline Lord_Kane

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: November 22, 2018, 09:21:54 pm »

just make an edit the research and manufacture rule files to make the ammo buildable after research.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: November 22, 2018, 09:29:00 pm »
just make an edit the research and manufacture rule files to make the ammo buildable after research.

That's what we're discussing, yes. :P

Offline Fiskun1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: December 01, 2018, 09:10:27 am »
Is this FMP compatible with the new, unified OXCE?
Thanks.