Author Topic: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)  (Read 1580256 times)

Offline Jaynestown

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [COMPILATION] Final Mod Pack (FMP)
« Reply #2970 on: September 22, 2018, 11:12:22 pm »
Yeah, that's exactly what I am looking for.  I was just wondering if the data was available inside or outside of the game.

Offline Word on the Wind

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: September 23, 2018, 12:34:09 am »
Every time I take a Skymarshal down to a Jungle map, the damned pilot manages to land the craft in the bushes. The rear bay is always choked with plants that makes demolitions an attractive option to clear them, but a harsh lesson of blowing up every single weapon and piece of gear on the floor of the transport has made that now very unattractive.

In the screenshot, all of the black area was large plants. Outside of extending the floor so prevent plants from spawning I don't know what to do about this other than just avoid the damned jungle.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2972 on: September 23, 2018, 03:11:05 am »
OK, I will add a new landing block to make this situation more rare. :)

Offline Tekamthi

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: September 23, 2018, 08:47:20 pm »
OK, I will add a new landing block to make this situation more rare. :)

could you just make the gear spot near one of the front doors? or mid-ship?  I enjoy the effect for w/e reason.. I imagine finding any spot to land in the middle of the jungle would be a great challenge for a pilot... ie is the pilot supposed count every leaf and blade of grass before he/she puts down? no, just needs to get the ship down somewhere near the UFO, bushes or no bushes.  In general, x-com jungles are already too easy to move around in imo

its really just the floor gear spot in the sky marshall that makes it a problem (ironfist has similar placement problems, but for other reasons)... often I'll just leave the bushes and park my HWP all mission to preserve the gear on the floor, and cuz w/o explosives they take too much ammo to clear.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 08:51:28 pm by Tekamthi »

Offline hairybert

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: September 24, 2018, 11:30:03 pm »
Every time I take a Skymarshal down to a Jungle map, the damned pilot manages to land the craft in the bushes. The rear bay is always choked with plants that makes demolitions an attractive option to clear them, but a harsh lesson of blowing up every single weapon and piece of gear on the floor of the transport has made that now very unattractive.

What about this: Use high explosive with higher timer setting, such that when it explodes, the rear door of the Skymarshal is closed again and protects your gear.

Anyway, I agree that this situation should not happen. It's just not realistic that those trees (and the Skymarshal) both survived the landing.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: September 25, 2018, 11:39:40 am »
The Skymarshall is made with Alien Alloys... It can survive a controlled landing just fine. 8)

Offline Zesty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: September 27, 2018, 07:21:23 pm »
Seem to have encountered a missing string for the first mission I got, hybrid supply or something.

Also, could I convince you to reverse the starting base layout? Hangers at the south end of the base gives the AI doors to hide behind, you want the hangers at the north end  :)

EDIT: Also, the Ufopedia has an incorrect description for the large living quarters. It says it's more cost efficient than standard living quarters at 2.25M + 60k a month for 200 people, yet 4 normal living quarters is 1.6M + 40k a month for the same number of people. Large living quarters is more space-efficient since it has 1 built in storage, but even building 4 living quarters + storage is more cost efficient than large living quarters
« Last Edit: September 27, 2018, 07:41:27 pm by Zesty »

Offline Word on the Wind

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: September 27, 2018, 07:35:24 pm »
OpenXCom's settings let you customize the base's starter layout. Look in options and then advanced.

Offline Zesty

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: September 28, 2018, 03:34:19 am »
Ufopedia says that the stun rod can't miss. This in incorrect, it can miss if wielded without the offhand free, giving it 80% accuracy.

Is it intentional that high explosives aren't buyable on the market or creatable through manufacturing? They show up in the Ufopedia as a starting weapon. EDIT: Nevermind this. Just figured out that "hide item" thing in OpenXcomEx.

OpenXCom's settings let you customize the base's starter layout. Look in options and then advanced.

I understand this, but if FMP is going to give a better layout from the beginning there's no reason to choose the worse setup. Using the fully planned base feature feels too much like cheating, and fixing the starting base in FMP requires re-buying the incredibly expensive large living quarters.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2018, 08:19:25 am by Zesty »

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: September 29, 2018, 05:56:06 pm »
Ufopedia says that the stun rod can't miss. This in incorrect, it can miss if wielded without the offhand free, giving it 80% accuracy.

Good point... But I can't make it impossible to use with one hand only, and I don't want to change the description, as it's generally true.

I understand this, but if FMP is going to give a better layout from the beginning there's no reason to choose the worse setup. Using the fully planned base feature feels too much like cheating, and fixing the starting base in FMP requires re-buying the incredibly expensive large living quarters.

Better? Worse? And who decides on which is which? Certainly not me, I don't give a damn about the base layout.

Offline VenomPuppy

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: October 06, 2018, 06:34:49 am »
So I've just figured out that Chrysalids can make zombies out of attack dogs.  Human zombies.  It's not a huge deal, but was really janky, so figured I'd report it.

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: October 06, 2018, 11:43:27 am »
So I've just figured out that Chrysalids can make zombies out of attack dogs.  Human zombies.  It's not a huge deal, but was really janky, so figured I'd report it.

Yes, but I don't think it's possible to prevent it in OXC (as opposed to OXCE).

Offline Hixill

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: October 14, 2018, 07:09:50 pm »
Hey Everyone I translated the missing strings for the mod, also corrected various typos and rewrote some sections of the commendations section that were janky in Hungarian. I attached the file  :) PM me if something is missing and I'll fix it. Great mod by the way, thanks! Also I can correct the typos in english I noticed them when I translated the section, but ignored them. If anyone's interested, just tell me and I'll do it :)

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: October 15, 2018, 01:32:49 am »
Hey Everyone I translated the missing strings for the mod, also corrected various typos and rewrote some sections of the commendations section that were janky in Hungarian. I attached the file  :) PM me if something is missing and I'll fix it. Great mod by the way, thanks! Also I can correct the typos in english I noticed them when I translated the section, but ignored them. If anyone's interested, just tell me and I'll do it :)

Hi Hixill,
Thanks, but please do it through Transifex. I can't control the versions by hand, especially in languages I don't know. :)
https://www.transifex.com/openxcom/openxcom-mods/final-mod-pack/

Offline DkMirage

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: October 16, 2018, 09:45:15 pm »
Greetings,
I tried to run final_mod_pack_2.2.d on a fresh install of OPXE 5.1
Got crashes on several weapon entries in Ufopedia, e.g. the sniper rifle.
Error report said this indicated something missing and should be reported.

Not sure if the final mod pack is even supposed to run with OPXE though (sorry if I overlooked this information somewhere)?