Author Topic: Japanese version  (Read 39511 times)

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese version
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2011, 03:09:53 pm »
Hi,

Nice to meet you. You can help to maintain the Japanese Version later.

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2011, 11:01:42 am »
Here is a Japanese page similar to ufopedia.com. I hope this can help for translating this game to Japanese Language.

https://xcom.blog79.fc2.com/blog-category-7.html

Offline hellblade

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 07:20:57 pm »
I hope our Japanese fonts will be better looking than that.  The original xcom fonts were so cool I used to have them in windows and microsoft words.

In fact I also got Dark Reign and Diablo1 fonts :)  I don't think I've seen better looking fonts since these 3 ...

Offline Shugyousha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2011, 10:27:31 pm »
Do we have any news on Japanese fonts/translations?

I majored in Japanese Studies so while I am certainly not a native speaker I might be able to support the translation efforts. 

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2011, 05:33:36 am »
I will start the Japanese work after the Traditional and Simplified Chinese translations are completed.  I trust you can assist the translation later.

As the formats of the bitmap font file aren't finalized yet, I will play the updated build and searching for bug in short term. 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 06:25:27 am by hsbckb »

Offline Shugyousha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 07:14:42 pm »
Sounds good to me! I will just set this thread to 'notify me' so that I will be informed about the newest developments on this front.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 09:36:55 am »
I majored in Japanese Studies so while I am certainly not a native speaker I might be able to support the translation efforts.

And with luck, a native speaker will find it's way sooner or later to this page and help where there are mistakes (IF there are any mistakes left to correct  ;D)

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 06:31:02 am »
For the curious, I managed to extract the Japanese text from the PSX version.

If anyone's still interested, I'll fix it up, put it on GetLocalization and then we can look at where are we gonna find a font for this thing. :P (I hear old games and devices pulled off amazing feats with very limited screen space)

Offline Shugyousha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 08:59:54 pm »
Nice!

There seem to be a few missing strings still so we could add those if that has not been done yet by someone else.

1214 en-GB.yml
1214 en-US.yml
1036 jp-JP.yml

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 09:12:13 pm »
Yes that's what I meant with "fix it up", I have to update it to match our language format, then I'll put it up on GetLocalization and people can fill in and correct the missing info.

Offline Shugyousha

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2013, 11:45:14 pm »
Yes that's what I meant with "fix it up", I have to update it to match our language format, then I'll put it up on GetLocalization and people can fill in and correct the missing info.

Fixing up the strings does not sound that hard. I started to recreate the format of the en-US.yml file in the jp-JP.yml file and already found a few errors in the translations (switched translation strings in the Japanese version; my current version where I added some of the missing strings without a corresponding translation is attached).

Would the file be usable in GetLocalization when I continue to add the missing strings from  en-US.yml to jp-JP.yml and remove the ones that are only in the latter?

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 11:40:20 pm »
Thanks, I've put it up on GetLocalization now, feel free to take it from there: https://www.getlocalization.com/openxcom/editor/15903/

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2013, 06:57:42 pm »
Bad news, the japanese font used by the PSX version is built into the system ROM so I can't rip it. I also tried old game fonts (since they are designed for 8x8) but they only provide a very limited charset. :(

Offline freeaks

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2013, 06:57:43 pm »
i could help with openxcom japanese translation.
please let me know if my help is needed.
thanks

Offline toshiaki2115

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2013, 10:39:23 pm »
Thank you,
talk of Japanese fonts in like have come up in the Japanese community,
once, perfect Japanese font was published temporarily.
(Which was attached put it to generate the images of all glyphs in FontForge from M + fonts per full-free)

Although know precisely the state of the translation thanks which uses it,Style arrangement in the Japanese translation seems to be still.
(Sentences that are not folded is seen here and there)

(So, because it was something that was converted by force to English with Google translate Japanese, please forgive the confusing meaning)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2013, 10:48:23 pm by toshiaki2115 »