aliens

Author Topic: Japanese version  (Read 39861 times)

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
Japanese version
« on: March 21, 2011, 05:20:02 am »
There is a Japanese version for PSX. It may not be possible to export the language file.

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Japanese version
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 03:20:05 pm »
There is a Japanese version for PSX. It may not be possible to export the language file.
I'm sorry, are you saying that something may not be possible?!? That's just not the kind of attitude we here at OpenXcom follow!

Actually exporting is probably easy, the real challenge is if anyone anywhere actually has a copy of that japanese version, I couldn't even find any info on it. :P

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
Japanese version
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 11:56:45 am »
I have this game and I will send a personal message to tell you the download link.

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
Japanese version
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 03:37:29 pm »
I'm sorry, are you saying that something may not be possible?!? That's just not the kind of attitude we here at OpenXcom follow!

Actually exporting is probably easy, the real challenge is if anyone anywhere actually has a copy of that japanese version, I couldn't even find any info on it. :P

Subsuper, Do you receive my personal message?

alienjon

Japanese version
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 07:47:22 pm »
I just got kinda excited to see that picture!  Thanks for posting, hsbckb!

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Japanese version
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 12:12:44 am »
Subsuper, Do you receive my personal message?
Yeah I got it, thanks, I'll get those strings exported. :)

I'm not sure whether I can do the same for the fonts since I haven't figured out the PSX image format yet, and they're probably too large for OpenXcom.

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2011, 05:53:11 am »
Is it the problem of no Japanese font in your computer OS?

Volutar

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2011, 10:36:35 am »
it's a problem for 320x200 to handle that large symbols... It will require for totally another version of game, not only another "language file"...
So, I don't think hieroglyphic translations be possible till 640x400 ...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 10:40:56 am by Volutar »

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2011, 11:03:13 am »
Well the PSX version found a way, but they had to heavily modify the interface for it:

Until OpenXcom's interface is that flexible, it's easier to just whip up a smaller font than trying to import the PSX font (although it can be used as a basis).

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2011, 11:23:43 am »
Until OpenXcom's interface is that flexible, it's easier to just whip up a smaller font than trying to import the PSX font (although it can be used as a basis).

Actually, both Japanese and Chinese characters are quite similar. For both languages,  I think using smaller font is a good choice in short-term.   ::)

Forster2spear

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 02:39:44 pm »

Actually, both Japanese and Chinese characters are quite similar. For both languages,  I think using smaller font is a good choice in short-term.   ::)

Till I used Russian version never used both versions which one you refer to use? I think Chinese is good.

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2011, 05:55:19 am »

Till I used Russian version never used both versions which one you refer to use? I think Chinese is good.

I am Chinese and I am responsible to translate this game to Chinese language. So, I will play and enjoy Chinese one.

For Japanese version, SupSuper is trying to export the Japanese text from the PSX version. I will consider to pick up the job for Japanese version after the Chinese Version translation  is  completed. However, I think we should find a native Japanese to verify and maintain the text.

Offline Smegma

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2011, 11:36:45 pm »

???? (Order an attack. I'm not quite sure about the second kanji)
?? (ki-chi - base)
????"Gu-ra-fu" - Graph)
UFO???? (UFO pi-de-i-a)
???? (shi-kin tei-kyoo - fund sponsoring program)
??? (kin yobi) Friday, Friday, Everyone get down it's friday Fun, Fun, Fun...
???? (ichi-gatsu ichi-nichi) January 1st
5?1? (5 seconds, 1 minute)
5?30? (5 minutes, 30 minutes)
????? (1 hour, 1 day)

« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 11:40:23 pm by Smegma »

Offline hsbckb

• Colonel
  • Gill Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2011, 07:21:04 am »
Hi Smegma, Are you.Japanese?

Offline Smegma

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2011, 07:37:51 pm »
Nope. :P
But I know the minimum Japanese grammar, hiragana, katakana, and up to third grade kanji. I understand roughly 10% of spoken japanese. It's tough.

But I can read and write french as well as English.