Author Topic: [ALIEN INVENTORY] [WEAPON] Alien Armoury Expanded  (Read 105489 times)

Offline El Yahpo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [ALIEN INVENTORY] [WEAPON] Alien Armoury Expanded
« Reply #135 on: July 14, 2014, 08:47:16 am »
The wall my soldiers are standing in and the one in the same position on the bottom of the ship are both see-through and passable.

Kind of a big issue for assaulting the bottom because I can see into the ufo.

Also, I updated your mod right before this, and I'm using some nightly after 1.0. Do you need specifics? How do I find that?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 08:51:11 am by El Yahpo »

Offline DMB

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 14, 2014, 09:15:13 am »
While I do love the additional weaponry and maps I have to complain that the weapons themselves are a tad underpowered with the exception of the Plasma Sniper and Blaster.

The Plasma Caster can't even damage my troops in Power Armor at point blank range. I had one Agent unsuccessfully attempting to stun an alien for three rounds taking the full amount of retribution from the alien without a single point of hitpoints lost.
And I'm on Superhuman.

And way too many aliens are running around with Plasma Pistols. I should have lost three Agents when that Muton burst through the door but instead the closest guy took six shots to the forehead and didn't flinch. Power armor of course.

Don't get me wrong, as a whole I love the mod but I'm having a relatively easy time because of how undergunned the aliens are now. Is there any chance you could redistribute the weapon layout so that at least Plasma Pistols are phased out by Mutons? It's odd to see those hulks running around with peashooters.

Also the Plasma Snipers are so good. I can slap some Flying Armor on a Rookie and overwatch him on the Skyranger and go to town on xeno scum with 88% accuracy. Or I can give it to a Sergant and have 94% airborne and 120% kneeling.

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 14, 2014, 12:36:59 pm »
@DMP

Solars will give you a better answer, anyway I will try to help a bit...

What about making your own mod to correct what does not fit your expectations ?

Don't misunderstand, your feedback is essential here as modder will take it into account to adjust/rebalance (or not). It is just an idea so you are not unhappy to use this nice mod.

For example, adjusting power is simple : create a new .txt file, that you rename to "AAE Correction.rul" (also change extension from .txt to .rul), open it with Notepad++, optionnally activate "Encode >> UTF-8", and paste code below
Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_TOXIGUN_FLASK
    power: 45
  - type: STR_PLASMA_CASTER_CLIP
    power: 35
  - type: STR_PLASMA_SNIPER_RIFLE
    power: 95
  - type: STR_PLASMA_BLASTER_CLIP
    power: 100
Then you just have to change values, save and close, install under Ruleset folder, then load this mod at least after the AAE mod

Regarding Mutons equiped with plasma pistols, the problem is that these parameters are for all alien races, so must fit with sectoid and others. But Plasma Pistols should not be used more than 10% of the time in the future (see alienItemLevels section, you should find some hint on this forum about this section to understand how it works)

Last way is to modify alienDeployments section, just replacing some weaker weapons by more powerful weapons

Then when you are happy with new values, do not forget to give your feedback again

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 12:40:07 pm by Aldorn »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #138 on: July 14, 2014, 03:42:34 pm »
The wall my soldiers are standing in and the one in the same position on the bottom of the ship are both see-through and passable.

Kind of a big issue for assaulting the bottom because I can see into the ufo.

Also, I updated your mod right before this, and I'm using some nightly after 1.0. Do you need specifics? How do I find that?

Oops, missed this part. The Lab Ship was my first map project ever, and due to how tiles work there are many places that look fine but aren't. I'll fix these holes as they're found out, thanks.

While I do love the additional weaponry and maps I have to complain that the weapons themselves are a tad underpowered with the exception of the Plasma Sniper and Blaster.

The Plasma Caster can't even damage my troops in Power Armor at point blank range. I had one Agent unsuccessfully attempting to stun an alien for three rounds taking the full amount of retribution from the alien without a single point of hitpoints lost.
And I'm on Superhuman.

This is.. well, maybe not "intended", but rather "predicted and accepted". It's a shotgun-like weapon, with many individual pellets, so if an individual pellet is made too strong, it'll become worse than Heavy Plasmas against anyone who's not wearing a Power Suit. This is partially mitigated by two factors:

1) There aren't that many Plasma Casters by the time Power Suit arrives,
2) Some Plasma Caster users have grenades to use.

However, coupled with your next complaint...

And way too many aliens are running around with Plasma Pistols. I should have lost three Agents when that Muton burst through the door but instead the closest guy took six shots to the forehead and didn't flinch. Power armor of course.

...looks like I need to decrease the number of pistols in later months. All right, I will try, though it's a bit tricky to balance. But they won't be completely phased out.

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully the next version will be better! :)

EDIT: WTF is wrong with this @^&$# wall... IT looks fine in the editor, yet is perfectly insubstantial in the game. Uh, stay tuned...

EDIT 2: OK, got it (not without help though, since this mapping system is way more advanced than my V0 brain). Update soon.

EDIT 3: Updated! Fixed the Sentry Ship too, since it was an eyesore.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 04:32:51 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline DMB

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2014, 05:41:31 pm »
@DMP
What about making your own mod to correct what does not fit your expectations ?

For example, adjusting power is simple : create a new .txt file, that you rename to "AAE Correction.rul" (also change extension from .txt to .rul), open it with Notepad++, optionnally activate "Encode >> UTF-8", and paste code below
items:
  - type: STR_TOXIGUN_FLASK
    power: 45
  - type: STR_PLASMA_CASTER_CLIP
    power: 35
  - type: STR_PLASMA_SNIPER_RIFLE
    power: 95
  - type: STR_PLASMA_BLASTER_CLIP
    power: 100
Then you just have to change values, save and close, install under Ruleset folder, then load this mod at least after the AAE mod

Ahh, great idea. Thanks for that! I think I will make some minor tweaks.

This is.. well, maybe not "intended", but rather "predicted and accepted". It's a shotgun-like weapon, with many individual pellets, so if an individual pellet is made too strong, it'll become worse than Heavy Plasmas against anyone who's not wearing a Power Suit. This is partially mitigated by two factors:

1) There aren't that many Plasma Casters by the time Power Suit arrives,
2) Some Plasma Caster users have grenades to use.

However, coupled with your next complaint...

...looks like I need to decrease the number of pistols in later months. All right, I will try, though it's a bit tricky to balance. But they won't be completely phased out.

Thanks for the feedback, hopefully the next version will be better! :)

Thank you for the quick reply and mod update. And explanation.
The Ethereals don't seem to have too many Pistols now and they keep borrowing my rifles anyways. Looks good to me, keep up the good work!

Offline El Yahpo

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 15, 2014, 11:12:39 pm »
Thanks a bunch for the quick reply  :)

I'm off to enjoy your new ships!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 16, 2014, 03:00:30 am »
Hehe, my pleasure. Have fun and let me know if there are any glitches!

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 08, 2014, 04:48:53 pm »
Guys, since by popular demand I'm incorporating Fatrat's Elerium Bomb to the Alien Armoury Expanded (thanks, Fatrat!), I need translations of the following text:

STR_SMALL_LAUNCHER_UFOPEDIA: "Compact but powerful alien launcher, useful in a variety of combat scenarios. Versatile and deadly weapon."
      STR_ELERIUM_BOMB: Elerium Bomb
      STR_ELERIUM_BOMB_UFOPEDIA: "Elerium Bomb, used mainly by alien terrorists, is a powerful and deadly ammunition for Small Launcher."

I need French, German, Slovakian and Czech versions. Please help!

The new version will be posted when I get all of them :)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 12:26:32 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline MickTheMage

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 08, 2014, 06:08:44 pm »
Here is slovak  translation for you, sir. :)

STR_SMALL_LAUNCHER_UFOPEDIA: "Kompaktný, ale pritom účinný mimozemský raketomet vhodný pre nasadenie v rôznorodých bojových situáciách."
      STR_ELERIUM_BOMB: Elériová bomba
      STR_ELERIUM_BOMB_UFOPEDIA: "Elériová bomba je využívaná najmä mimozemskými teroristickými jednotkami. Jedná sa o veľmi účinnú a smrtiacu muníciu pre malý odpaľovač."

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 08, 2014, 07:25:12 pm »
I am looking forward to this expansion! Here's French!

STR_SMALL_LAUNCHER_UFOPEDIA: "Un lance-grenade extra-terrestre compact mais puissant, le petit lancer est utile dans une variété de scénarios. C'est une arme versatile et meurtrière."
      STR_ELERIUM_BOMB: "Bombe à l'Elerium"
      STR_ELERIUM_BOMB_UFOPEDIA: "La bombe à l'Elerium, utilisée principalement par les terroristes extra-terrestres, est une munition puissante et meurtrière pour le petit lanceur."
« Last Edit: August 08, 2014, 07:26:48 pm by Arthanor »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 09, 2014, 12:26:09 am »
Thank you gentlemen, now only waiting on the German and Czech versions. :)

Offline LeBashar

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 09, 2014, 11:34:48 am »
I have try to make an adaptation of this mod with MiB mod, but my game crash, I assume it is because alien armoury has 4 aliens items levels and MiB only three, can someone confirm this ?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 09, 2014, 02:24:11 pm »
I have try to make an adaptation of this mod with MiB mod, but my game crash, I assume it is because alien armoury has 4 aliens items levels and MiB only three, can someone confirm this ?

Yes.

I made a 4-level version of the MiB some time ago, but by now it's certainly outdated. But if you take MiB and add 1 item level per character entry, it'll work.

EDIT:

I got German translation from Humax and released the next version. New translations will come when they come. :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 06:21:02 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline SiceX

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 07, 2014, 01:58:01 am »
Hi, i made an italian translation of this mod.
Here is the ruleset for the weapons:
  - type: it
    strings:
      STR_ELERIUM_BOMB: "Bomba all'Elerium"
      STR_ELERIUM_BOMB_UFOPEDIA: "Bomba ad Elerium, usata maggiormente dai terroristi alieni, è una bomba potente e letale da usare con un lancia bombe."
      STR_PLASMA_BLASTER: Plasma Blaster
      STR_PLASMA_BLASTER_CLIP: Caricatore per Plasma Blaseter
      STR_PLASMA_BLASTER_CLIP_UFOPEDIA: "Questo piccolo dispositivo è usato come munizione per il Plasma Blaster. Contiene piccole quantità d'Elerium."
      STR_PLASMA_BLASTER_UFOPEDIA: "Questa devastante arma anti-corazza basata sulla tecnologia al plasma vaporizza qualsiasi cosa attorno il punto d'impatto."
      STR_PLASMA_CASTER: Plasma Caster
      STR_PLASMA_CASTER_CLIP: Caricatore per Plasma Caster
      STR_PLASMA_CASTER_CLIP_UFOPEDIA: "Questo dispositivo vagamente cubico è usato come munizione per il Plasma Caster. Contiene piccole quantità d'Elerium."
      STR_PLASMA_CASTER_UFOPEDIA: "Questa variante della Pistola al Plasma spara un ampio raggio di particelle cariche, rendendola un'arma devastante."
      STR_PLASMA_SNIPER_RIFLE: Fucile di Precisione al Plasma
      STR_PLASMA_SNIPER_RIFLE_CLIP: Caricatore per Fucile di Precisione al Plasma
      STR_PLASMA_SNIPER_RIFLE_CLIP_UFOPEDIA: "Questo piccolo oggetto è usato come sorgente d'energia per il Fucile di Precisione al Plasma, un'arma di precisione aliena. Contiene una piccola quantità d'Elerium."
      STR_PLASMA_SNIPER_RIFLE_UFOPEDIA: "Questa è un'arma estremamente potente e precisa basata sull'accelerazione di particelle all'interno di un piccolo campo di anti-gravità."
      STR_SMALL_LAUNCHER: ""
      STR_SMALL_LAUNCHER_UFOPEDIA: "Lanciagranate alieno compatto ma potente, utile in una gran varietà di combattimenti. Arma versatile e letale."
      STR_STUN_BOMB: ""
      STR_STUN_BOMB_UFOPEDIA: ""
      STR_TOXIGUN: Toxigun
      STR_TOXIGUN_FLASK: Fiasca per Toxigun
      STR_TOXIGUN_FLASK_UFOPEDIA: Questa piccola fiasca piena di un potente acido funziona come munizione per la Toxigun
      STR_TOXIGUN_UFOPEDIA: "Quest'arma spruzza una complessa mistura di potenti agenti chimici, capaci di dissolvere praticamente ogni materiale conosciuto dalla scienza Terrestre, fino a qualche secondo fa. Naturalmente, è letale per tutti gli esseri viventi."
And here the UFOs one:
  - type: it
    strings:
      STR_EXCAVATOR: Escavatore
      STR_EXCAVATOR_UFOPEDIA: Gli Escavatori sono piccoli UFO principalmente usati per lavori di scavi e costruzione. Non rappresentano una vera minaccia per i nostri veicoli.
      STR_FIGHTER_SHIP: Caccia
      STR_FIGHTER_SHIP_UFOPEDIA: "I Caccia sono costruiti unicamente per distruggere i veicoli terrestri, inclusi i nostri Interceptor. Sono molto ben armati per la loro grandezza, ma non hanno un equipaggio numeroso."
      STR_LAB_SHIP: UFO Laboratorio
      STR_LAB_SHIP_UFOPEDIA: "Gli UFO Laboratorio sono grandi velivoli, scelti per le maggiori operazioni di ricerca e raccolto. Molto più grandi dei Raccoglitori, sono equipaggiati per condurre complessi esperimenti a bordo. Il loro equipaggio è numeroso e ben equipaggiato."
      STR_SENTRY_SHIP: UFO Sentinella
      STR_SENTRY_SHIP_UFOPEDIA: "Questo piccolo UFO è utilizzata per missioni di osservazione e pattugliamento. E' armata per la guerra e procurerà qualche problema ai nostri Interceptor."
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 05:46:23 pm by SiceX »

Offline Hadan

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 07, 2014, 05:07:46 pm »
      STR_SMALL_LAUNCHER_UFOPEDIA: "Kompakte, aber starke außerirdische Abschussrampe, nützlich in einer vielzahl von Kampfszenarien. Eine vielseitige und tödliche Waffe"
      STR_ELERIUM_BOMB: Elirium Bombe
      STR_ELERIUM_BOMB_UFOPEDIA: "Elirium Bombe, hauptsächlich von Alien Terroristen verwendet, ist eine tödliche Munition für die Kleine Abschussrampe."
German Translation  :)

best regards
Hadan