Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750417 times)

Offline DracoGriffin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • Steam: DracoGriffin
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition
« Reply #1560 on: August 06, 2015, 12:20:10 am »
So I'm nine months and I found a mercenary base so do I capture some of then to get the research for rume or should make a second base and ignore rum?I found the improved interceptor but i lacked one item and  had sold my hunter:( so i have no interception now

Bonaventura can still work as an interceptor; albeit very slow. Try to go for grounded missions instead of trying to attack. If you have the soldiers and weapons to attack a base, do it. It'll skyrocket your income and managed appropriately, get you back on the right track.

If you don't know the tech tree to get rum, just focus on selling X-Grog and fixing your financial situation. Just like in vanilla XCOM; specializing bases for manufacturing Laser Cannons (or in this case, Still to sell Grog/Rum) is a mid-game goal; early-game if you know the research trees and luck out on which faction spawns for the first months. (Current game I had 1st/2nd months mostly Govt which destroyed my score since I didn't know what I was doing)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: August 06, 2015, 01:56:29 am »
Got 2 H flamers and 2 heavy cannons AP with some stun bombs and high explosives will lead me to victory

« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 12:02:53 pm by doctor medic »

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: August 06, 2015, 12:12:33 pm »
Well i found out that vodka research unlocks something nice.Wait no this isnt piratez so no rum for me "(
Do i get any good research from researching guildmaster?Because im stuck in a stalemate of having my juggernaut tank his shots while the rest of the mercenaries snipe me from across the map
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 03:27:29 pm by doctor medic »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1563 on: August 06, 2015, 06:45:23 pm »
Do i get any good research from researching guildmaster?Because im stuck in a stalemate of having my juggernaut tank his shots while the rest of the mercenaries snipe me from across the map

No, there is no point in capturing him. Better to stay in the sticks... forever :P

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: August 06, 2015, 08:42:03 pm »
Well i captured him and 2 pest controls and 1 engineer.Suprisingly runing with my runt inside the watch tower with power suit man and 4 other minor GO's didnt seem to affect anyone,i cant say the same for guild rep inside the tower thought  ::)
i know that plasma fistycuffs exist from the guildmaster....atleast the spartan luitenant told me about the LACC

I downed a ufo that is literaly a square with 3 floors and some traders with bullet weapons.I just hope the ship isnt filled bullets too.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2015, 08:45:08 pm by doctor medic »

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: August 07, 2015, 08:23:28 am »
holy moly soo much stuff . i need to play this 1 .
i was reading credits saw my name there haha u added ripper and shredder? what's shredder hahaha jk. ur welcome to use everything but i guess that's all that fits in piratez. i like where openxcom is heading. everyone can almost make their own ufo spinoffs . gj .

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: August 07, 2015, 10:02:10 am »
Ufo retaliations wont go on bases that havent sent an aicraft right?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: August 07, 2015, 10:19:42 am »
Of course they will.
When you shoot a UFO down over some region, retaliation mission can/will spawn for that region.
If you happen to have a base in that region, they will eventually find and attack it.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: August 07, 2015, 06:33:04 pm »
So i started playing works fine. I made this metadata.yml same place as the readme and the whole folder is under documents/openxcom/mods

Code: [Select]
# metadata.yaml for Piratez Mod

name: "Piratez Mod"
version: 0.9j
description: "Total conversion of Xcom to piratez mod"
author: Dioxine
id: piratez_mod
isMaster: true
master: xcom1

I started a new battle and noticed you still have some old xcom default things here and there but they don't have a language string like for example STR_AVENGER etc

if you don't want them to show up just make a new rulset for example disable.rul and add something like this

Code: [Select]
#delete crafts
crafts:
  - delete: STR_AVENGER

then do it for all game objects you don't want present

I also noticed you got a few of the same thing like some aliens show up a couple of times i guess you made a few versions of the same unit. you don't really need to do that. you can simply make various ranks with various properties and control what ranks spawn where and what they spawn with etc.

But you probably know all that already :))

Regardless fun mod :) Thank you.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1569 on: August 07, 2015, 06:42:51 pm »
STR_AVENGER? It has been replaced. I haven't noticed any missing strings. Although the fixes might have been made only for Extended version. Make sure you use en_US language, this is the only one supported.

I also noticed you got a few of the same thing like some aliens show up a couple of times i guess you made a few versions of the same unit. you don't really need to do that. you can simply make various ranks with various properties and control what ranks spawn where and what they spawn with etc.

I don't understand what you're saying. Please elaborate. What aliens? Where? Also you can't control spawning by race, only by ship (this can be overriden with Extended, though, but a full-system overhaul is a major task, considering the sheer number of ships and missions).

Also please note that the support for this mod has been dropped; all fixes and upgrades are made for the Extended version now.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: August 07, 2015, 07:01:50 pm »
Don't worry  I didn't realize this mod has been dropped in favour of the extended version.

STR_SKYRANGER not avenger sorry. But yea you can have a look at the screenshots I provided if you still wanna know what i mean. US english.  even says STR_MISSION. Reason enemy aliens show up a bunch of times is cause you created different variants of the same race like Humanists appear twice you probably needed two types of Humanists . You can avoid this by using ranks .

Since this version is dropped nothing to worry about :)   
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 07:06:00 pm by tollworkout »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1571 on: August 07, 2015, 07:59:44 pm »
Yeah these errors are long since fixed.

Reason enemy aliens show up a bunch of times is cause you created different variants of the same race like Humanists appear twice you probably needed two types of Humanists . You can avoid this by using ranks .

Ahhh I understand, you haven't even tried playing the battle before writing about this 'bug' :) My friend, you simply don't know what you're talking about :) This is for the purpose of various compositions for various missions (ex. the Traders have 11 or 12 units ATM, and they're spread around 5 or so various compositions - so ex. you won't have elite Power Armor guards on a standard trade mission etc.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: August 07, 2015, 08:23:24 pm »
im gonna look for the other version of piratez say hello to a few humanists  8)

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: August 07, 2015, 10:16:24 pm »
Well i found out how to make rum in xpiratez and it is a little cryptic

if you dont want spoilers then please look away now

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To make rum you first need to research grog which is allready weird because you most not sell an item that sellls extremely well.then the still and finaly rum it self.Why can you make an item that you dont even have an entry to the bootypedia?You should atleast research it first as to not make rum a secret research like medical supplies which you could atleast buy them and then research them.

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: August 07, 2015, 10:23:33 pm »
is practically same thing but you must use openxcomEx to run it