aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 758643 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.i - 6 May - Tanks und Fashion
« Reply #1215 on: May 06, 2015, 07:35:23 pm »
You don't find many of them, true, but you don't need that many anyway. Unless you want to arm the whole squad, there you will have a serious problem. Anyway, I've tried rebalancing with increasing Snap Shot costs to like, 10% TUs less than the Aimed shot, and further increasing the low range penalty (I can't go overboard with this since it works both ways - lowers accuracy at low ranges AND high ranges, and I want to keep the Snap range advantage for marksmen rifles, so I can't really increase Snap range on sniper rifles past 15, maybe 18). However you will have to wait till next version to test it out :)

@Pilot00
1. Not only the Bonny turned green, actually most of your ships have the proper colors (as seen in the Base sprite) :)
2. The behaviour you've described shouldn't normally happen. If it does, I can only say the ship you're mentioning is perfectly vanilla and no changes have been made to it whatsoever, including the deployment (except for increasing the crew size).

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #1216 on: May 06, 2015, 07:47:27 pm »

@Pilot00
2. The behaviour you've described shouldn't normally happen. If it does, I can only say the ship you're mentioning is perfectly vanilla and no changes have been made to it whatsoever, including the deployment (except for increasing the crew size).

Hm....Seems rather Odd. I had both
Spoiler:
The revereds and the Cardinals spawn on the bottom engine rooms, of frigates with natually the engines bleown up, i found just the corpses there 2 times, and once again on an academy ship where I found no Provost, I assmume he was dead too. Cant remember what happens in vanilla but I dont remember having this kind of problem....Strange. Will look for more of them. BTW it only happens only on downed vessels (naturally)

Offline Ridаn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1217 on: May 06, 2015, 07:58:35 pm »
I had Reps spawn next to engines in Battleships too, they just love to hang around there, hiding behind engines and jumpscare you with longswords. It never bothered me though - its pretty easy to get a couple of those from Pogroms, and, by the time you can shoot down Battleships, ransom sum isnt all that impressive.

edit: about execute order from Prison screen: I had the impression that you do not get anything at all for executed prisoners. I think in vanilla you get a corpse, so getting a single booty as equivalent might be nice, if its even possible.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:01:45 pm by Ridаn »

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1218 on: May 06, 2015, 08:15:06 pm »
I had Reps spawn next to engines in Battleships too, they just love to hang around there, hiding behind engines and jumpscare you with longswords. It never bothered me though - its pretty easy to get a couple of those from Pogroms, and, by the time you can shoot down Battleships, ransom sum isnt all that impressive.

By your post I can assume that you had the same problem as me but perhaps didnt realise it. The Guild Rep is not the higher ranking one in there. The guild master is. However those dont spawn on terror missions. But the whole mess is not when the engine is ok, its when you shoot down the UFO and they spawn dead next to it. So far I had it happen 3/3 times so I asked here, in case it was my bad luck or something. Simply put its the faction leaders that are automatically (or so it seems) spawn dead in frigate crash sites.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 08:23:19 pm by pilot00 »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1219 on: May 06, 2015, 08:38:37 pm »
Sounds like those guys should be on the bridge, that's weird..

Back to snipers: I have found a few sniper rifles in the early months, on G.O.s when I clean up some of the small crafts. I wouldn't be able to tell if they are scarce later as I have only gotten to March so far.

I reported this in the terrain pack thread, but Hobbes told me it's not in his mod anymore.. so I guess it goes here now?

Hi Hobbes,

I had a weird thing happen yesterday during a pogrom in what I think is this terrain:
https://www.openxcom.com/content/modimages/thumb_PKIGIIUK090620140722.png

The glass doors that slide open (there is one in the south-east corner of the top building in the pic above), when blown up, become impassable. I resorted to smashing surrounding walls with hammers so I could get through.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1220 on: May 06, 2015, 10:37:52 pm »
I hate this terror map. On one side its so detailed and beutifull and on the other side it get so much convulted it ends up been cruise liner MK2.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1221 on: May 07, 2015, 12:59:07 am »
Guys I did some more Cruisers and all of them have the same "problem" I mentioned above. Could it be there is a spawn area mess up? Maybe the fact that the church doesnt have engineers is making the cardinals spawn down there all the time? Dunno...but looks like something is amiss.

EDIT: Current cruiser count 4/4 of church and 2/2 of traders confirmed with the same issue.

Heres a save for anyone interested in seeing what I mean. Send the bonny to land, save scumming is on so it will be a different ship each time and every time the cardinal will be dead in one of the 4 engines.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 01:49:06 am by pilot00 »

Offline Roxis231

• Colonel
  • Catching the feral kitten hiding in my rubish bin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1222 on: May 07, 2015, 02:27:28 am »
Dioxine

Just played a Progrom this morning, found a graphics problem with the large muton-like civilians, when they move there is an obivious gap between their top and bottom halves. It's only one pixel wide but still...

For the record, I'm not using any scalers on the graphics. Has anyone else encounted this? or is it new?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1223 on: May 07, 2015, 10:54:43 am »
@Pilot00:
What can I say? Deal with it :) The deployments are just fine, not sure why they don't spawn where they're supposed to. Try to get an undamaged Cruiser next time :) I will look into it if more of such strange behaviour pops up.

Roxis:
There was that problem with muton drawing routine, not sure if it's still the case or my spritesheets are mismatched. It's definitely not user-end problem. I will look into this anyway, Mercs and Humongous Raiders might be affected too.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2015, 11:03:31 am by Dioxine »

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1224 on: May 07, 2015, 01:30:16 pm »
@Pilot00:
What can I say? Deal with it :) The deployments are just fine, not sure why they don't spawn where they're supposed to. Try to get an undamaged Cruiser next time :) I will look into it if more of such strange behaviour pops up.

Mostly I wanted to ask wheather someone else except me has encountered it, but I am certain this must be the case cause it was not an issolated insident. Its not a big deal (I hope).

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1225 on: May 07, 2015, 03:55:22 pm »
Well, was taking the Bony for a spin with her new green paintjob and.. CTD  :'( Apparently I was not due to see it.

After looking around, I noticed that all the new PCK, MCD and TAB files you provided for it are actually pck, mcd and tab, which are different as far as linux is concerned. So I got an invisible Bony!

I've renamed them for myself for now, but it would be nice to fix them for the next release too.

Also, I noticed something about dynamite:
150 work hours, takes 5 chemicals, costs 2500, produces 5 dynamite sticks. So everything is divisible by 5, which makes the batch production rather pointless. Given that the big barrels I got in my last raid were 1 chemicals each, it seems like maybe the intention was for it to require 1 chemical for 5 dynamite instead?

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1226 on: May 07, 2015, 04:56:38 pm »
About the dynamite and without knowing Dioxines PoV, I believe it was made as a feature, since everything thats not a weapon armor or medkit is been produced in batches.

Another thing I noticed about the bony: If you jump down in the sides to the small ramps (for a lack of better word) below the hatch and the opposite you cant move left and right by directly giving commands to go there. The game treats it as wall or something. You can jump on the tile from above normally though just not directly give a go order to it. I think this was not the case before.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1227 on: May 07, 2015, 05:54:29 pm »
Never again to trust standard-issue vanilla mcds... I might try to recover the updated versions I was using before, but I don't know these small wall issues are worth the effort...

As for linux-compatibility, I had no idea that the OXCom engine would be so clumsy (you don't declare the MCDs directly, engine pulls them for you), especially since these small-lettered versions are default MCDEdit output. I will fix them for the next release.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1228 on: May 07, 2015, 06:03:17 pm »
My understanding is that OpenXCom asks for X.MCD and the OS handles the request. Windows is case-insensitive so it returns X.mcd and everything works. Linux looks, doesn't find X.MCD because it thinks X.mcd is something different, and returns an error.

It's not really OpenXCom which is doing things wrong (looking for X.y if X.Y is missing might be doable, but it is more work for a feature that is mostly not needed), it's the different OS that are weird.

Also, I guess pilot00 was right on your opinion of the Dynamite? It seems odd since black powder bombs and molotovs are made individually.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1229 on: May 07, 2015, 06:19:43 pm »
Got a new one. I got all the encrypted data disk entries researched so I could research no more naturally I fenced them. I got a new one from a corpse and it poped up in my R&D. I tried it and ofc it crashes the game when its complete.