aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 758691 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.69
« Reply #105 on: May 02, 2014, 11:31:41 pm »
Dioxine, I used my "tool" to improve your mod.
Thanks to that in battlescape your solders will have same hair colors like paperdolls.
Would you be interested in including it to your mod? This will require only ruleset changes and if you use normal OpenXcom it simply ignore this without any error.

Absolutely! Just tell me what to do :)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 03, 2014, 12:57:03 am »
Im working on this.
I will alter your ruleset and made new exe that have enabled it.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #107 on: May 03, 2014, 01:19:08 am »
Hmm... a new exe means the mod will be incompatible with any newer build... I'm not sure this will be useful then. I'm constantly finding new bugs that the designers are ironing out, improving the OpenXcom but also enabling my mod to work better.

Also, I'd prefer you just told me what to paste where in my ruleset (or maybe, a better idea, make a separate one, like, say,  Piratez_Colored_Hair, to be loaded or not depending on player's choice), the ruleset version you have is significantly different from the latest version I've been working on for the past week...

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2014, 01:56:59 am »
Ruleset require things, one is this blob of script for every armor that show skin or hair:
Code: [Select]
    recolorScript: |
      get_color r0 in;
      get_shade r1 in;
      test r0 color_hair;
      skip_eq hair;
      test r0 color_face;
      skip_eq face;
      ret in;

hair:
      test soldier_grender soldier_grender_male;
      skip_neq hair_f;

#hair "men"
      hair_m:

test soldier_look soldier_look_blonde;
      set_eq r0 color_red;
      set_eq r2 -1;
      skip_eq final_hair;

test soldier_look soldier_look_brownhair;
      set_eq r0 color_null;
      set_eq r2 1;
      skip_eq final_hair;

test soldier_look soldier_look_oriental;
      set_eq r0 color_special;
      set_eq r2 5;
      skip_eq final_hair;

test soldier_look soldier_look_african;
      set_eq r0 color_special;
      set_eq r2 3;
      skip_eq final_hair;

#hair "female"
      hair_f:

set_eq r0 color_hair;
      set_eq r2 0;
      skip_eq final_hair;

test soldier_look soldier_look_brownhair;
      set_eq r0 color_blue1;
      set_eq r2 0;
      skip_eq final_hair;

set_eq r0 color_special;
      set_eq r2 5;
      skip_eq final_hair;

test soldier_look soldier_look_african;
      set_eq r0 color_red;
      set_eq r2 2;
      skip_eq final_hair;

final_hair:
      set_color r1 r0;
      add_shade r1 r2;
      ret r1;

face:
      test soldier_grender soldier_grender_male;
      skip_neq face_f;
      #face "men"
      face_m:

set_eq r1 color_brown2;
      set_neq r1 color_face;
      skip final_face;

#face "female"
      face_f:

set_eq r1 color_face;
      set_neq r1 color_brown2;
      skip final_face;

final_face:
      set_color in r1;
      ret in;
Lot of text. I thinking about improving my tool to reduce and simplify this a bit.

Another thing is normalizing paperdoll graphic in your mod. Strange you permuted file names (e.g. "MAN_21F3.SPK" have file "body1_f2_pir"). This have any meaning? Right now this script except not permuted files to match. But if you want say that way I will alter script to match.

And about exe, maybe I could convince SupSuper to include my code to official build.

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2014, 02:56:19 am »
I support this! :)
Being able to customize haircolors would be really cool...

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2014, 03:00:44 am »
And about exe, maybe I could convince SupSuper to include my code to official build.
You can send a PR if you want, but I had a look at your code and it's way beyond the understanding of 99% of people in this forum, so you're not gonna get much feedback out of us. :P I doubt any modder will figure it out without your help.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2014, 04:14:18 am »
Ruleset require things, one is this blob of script for every armor that show skin or hair:

I was suspecting as much yet I thought you've found a workaround, based on ruleset alone.

Another thing is normalizing paperdoll graphic in your mod. Strange you permuted file names (e.g. "MAN_21F3.SPK" have file "body1_f2_pir"). This have any meaning? Right now this script except not permuted files to match. But if you want say that way I will alter script to match.

Well, yesh, it's pure chaos because I am working that way. The reason for that specific part was that I didn't want to alter files MAN_0.spk through MAN_3.spk, because I want to keep the original paperdolls too.

I suppose I could normalize this, but why? The palette is normalized so if your recolor routine uses the same colors as the OpenXcom recolor routine there will be no problems, no rogue colors on any sprites. Besides, all hair colors match regardless of which .spk is used by an armor, so again, I don't quite understand where the problem lies. Why would you even need my filenames for? The OpenXcom hair/skin recolor routine only checks the "race/gender" which is coded by numbers 1-8 in the .spk; the naming engine uses the same source for assigning names.

Anyway this is all moot point if your procedure isn't included in official build - compatibility is, I am afraid, of critical improtance to my project.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 04:17:21 am by Dioxine »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2014, 02:17:15 pm »
You can send a PR if you want, but I had a look at your code and it's way beyond the understanding of 99% of people in this forum, so you're not gonna get much feedback out of us. :P I doubt any modder will figure it out without your help.
I will improve comments in my code and add some documentation.

I suppose I could normalize this, but why? The palette is normalized so if your recolor routine uses the same colors as the OpenXcom recolor routine there will be no problems, no rogue colors on any sprites. Besides, all hair colors match regardless of which .spk is used by an armor, so again, I don't quite understand where the problem lies. Why would you even need my filenames for? The OpenXcom hair/skin recolor routine only checks the "race/gender" which is coded by numbers 1-8 in the .spk; the naming engine uses the same source for assigning names.
Only problem I had was when I stat creating this I used file names as reference. Then I run game colors dont match. As I prefer simple things (until I build something ultra complex from it :D ) I changed rules to match. Only true advantage of it is you can use python scripts to generate it: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=2055.0
If you dont feel to change that, I will simply change my script to match your ruleset (btw "MAN_6M2.SPK" have wrong filename compare to rest of ruleset).

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 04, 2014, 02:17:34 am »
When intercepting a Mercenary Gunship, the game crashes with
vector::_M_range_check upon arriving on landing site.
Savegame attached.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #114 on: May 04, 2014, 12:47:14 pm »
@Yankes: yeah I ought probably change that... with no order kept, mistakes like you've pointed out (thanks) are likely to happen... It just takes time which I prefer to use to actually improve the mod :)

@Ran: hmmm... It crashed with M-check error as well, then I tried loading the game again, and this time it worked, so it's allright ;) Just kidding, I've found the bug, there is problem with enemy inventory. To manually fix it:

- Open Piratez_factions.rul
- Find alienDeployments;
- Inside that section, find STR_VESSEL_GUNSHIP
- Inside that sub-section find alienrank: 3

The 4th section under alienrank: 3 should read:

-
            - STR_ROCKET_LAUNCHER
            - STR_LARGE_ROCKET
            - STR_LARGE_ROCKET
            - STR_LARGE_ROCKET
            - STR_PISTOL
            - STR_PISTOL_CLIP

Add a 5th section immediately below it:

-
            - STR_LASER_PISTOL_PIR
            - STR_LASER_PISTOL_CLIP_HI
            - STR_MEDI_KIT
            - STR_COMBAT_DRUGS

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 04, 2014, 08:12:35 pm »
Ah, I see what was missing here, but I would never have expected the bug in the inventory. ;)
I decided to give the guy 2 Chainsaws for a change, he's the most advanced Medic after all. :D
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 08:15:53 pm by Ran »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #116 on: May 05, 2014, 02:22:58 pm »
The AI can't understand limited weapon range yet, so unless you run into that guy in some door, he'll be defenseless :)

From other news, 0.7 is just a few days away... expect drastic gamplay changes :)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 02:25:40 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.7.06
« Reply #117 on: May 06, 2014, 04:05:23 am »
As the OpenXcom 1.0 is drawing near, Piratez 0.7 is up! Just a word of warning, better to continue your old campaign on 0.69, upgrading won't crash the game (hopefully), but with 0.7, better to start a completely new campaign. No other major overhauls like this one are planned in the future.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 04:12:29 am by Dioxine »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.7.07
« Reply #118 on: May 07, 2014, 01:00:11 pm »
I've made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZzRX4sSq2I&feature=youtu.be , featuring also Solarius Scorch. Enjoy, or hopefully just have a good laugh :)

Offline xaphias

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.7.07
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2014, 02:49:05 am »
an already hard mod got harder, my new playthrough is on john silver but Ironman mode. I noticed some weird things in the sell menu, an Item called dead worth 0$, a tiny drill worth 0$, and in the hideout information vaults, a slave academy esper takes up -15 space, that's negative.
and also I noticed on your youtube playthrough that my bonaventura is missing some elements, like the moving orange engine rods are missing, and the far side of the drop hatch is blocked off. I'll get some screenshots. it's been like that as far as I can remember, no idea why.