aliens

Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 761446 times)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.68
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2014, 03:46:43 pm »
Well if you don't know what that screenshot means, you aren't obviously looking hard enough :) It's a gap between a wall and a ceiling where there should be none - a gap allowing a soldier placed in the exact spot it was taken to potentially spot an enemy, if the enemy is placed in just the right way on an elevated platform outside.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.69
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2014, 05:59:45 pm »
Finally, the final update before the economy overhaul is done... Took me a long time, but also a lot of issues have been fixed. Like the availablity of PANTS on startup :) Seriously though, the most time took me to develop a new, less beefy female base sprite from scratch - it will be used for civilians and the likes, NOT the pirate girls though.

The filesize grew considerably, but that's because of many new sound effects. These wavs take a lot of disk space... But the second reason is the modsite which forces me to use Zips. That in itself fattened the mod by at least 3 MB.

So yeah, enjoy your weapons while they last, because in the next version, most of them will DISAPPEAR from the store :) But there will also be nice surprises...

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:08:16 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2014, 06:39:49 pm »
Version status: 0.69

I must have this version now. :P

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2014, 11:49:39 pm »
No pirate hats in battlescape? :-[

Offline xaphias

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 23, 2014, 06:28:27 pm »
as it is now, you can't build Labs right? you only have the one you start with and you are therefor limited to 50 brainers? assuming that is correct, I would like to see more choice in that, maybe have it so that labs are more expensive then workshops even, thinking 1.2M or so and maybe have a limit of 100 brainers, and that later tech takes twice as  long to research, so that the overall time is about the same, except for interrogations, oh got plenty of those, seem I can't get through them fast enough.

the idea was that you have to make a choice, either go plenty workers and get money through manufacturing grog and rum and buy more expensive current tech, or get more researchers and try to get better tech faster.
currently with 50 research cap, no sacrifice have to be made to get the best of both.

just my 2 cents, have no idea what you plan for the economy overhaul, you got anything you can share with us right now? I'm excited, cant wait :)

Offline Ran

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2014, 12:26:38 am »
Personally I think it is fine the way it is.
It's a nice difference to the original game where research goes ridiculously fast once you have some hundred scientists working.
Anyway, you can change lab properties relatively easily in the ruleset.
No need to wait, just build your own game the way you like it. ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #96 on: April 24, 2014, 01:07:11 am »
That was the intention... you can't have the possibility of building just one or 2 labs in this game. Either it's none (as it is in Piratez) or unlimited number (and then 150+ scientists ftw, no holds barred). But there will be some more progression, you won't be able to hire max scientists so quickly, so slower research initially, faster potentially.

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 24, 2014, 12:08:18 pm »
Very interesting mod with awesome ideas and resources. My only problem is the pirate language, i simply do not understand some slang words in the ufopaedia.

Offline dehimos

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 24, 2014, 01:29:06 pm »
Hi, I like your mod.

What is your idea for version 1.0? That is, aliens VS pirates, pirates VS humans VS aliens ...

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2014, 08:02:37 pm »
First off, this mod is amazing. All the work put into must have taken a small eternity.

I have hit a couple of snags with it though. I'm getting crashes when I possess certain enemies. Or rather, when I select them. I can possess Star Gods just fine, but every time I go to actually use one, it's an instant crash. A similar thing happens when I possess Beastmasters, but in this case it's only a 50/50.

In addition, when I attack a crashed gunship, there's about a 25% chance I'll get a crash (this one has an error message. M_vector or something like that). It's just with gunships, no other vessel, so far as I can tell.

Finally, this isn't a bug, but what do I have to do to research live Star Gods and plasma weapons? I've run out of things to research, and I'm not totally sure what I should focus on to continue making progress.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #100 on: April 25, 2014, 08:29:35 pm »
Thanks! It took only a couple of months... I've been mostly reusing and reworking existing stuff rather than adding new content :)

I need to check on these crashes, the MC crash was solved recently (make sure you have the latest version of the mod AND the OXC nightly build), but there shold be no problem left with Gunships... I fought dozens of them without any crashes. Maybe it's some issue with the enemies. The 0.7 version will be thoroughly tested anyway.

As for research topics:
Star Gods - I think it is explained in the Pedia. You need psionics first, then you'll be able to interrogate them, but you need to start with the lowest-ranking members (Guardians).... who happen to never travel on Fighters :)
Plasma Weapons - Academy Provost (Commander). Lure an Academy Cruiser :)

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 25, 2014, 08:55:37 pm »
Literally minutes after that post, I captured a Star God Guardian. I didn't realize that they were the lowest level lol.

More pressingly, I've hit a new problem. There's a raider Cruiser running around on a crackdown mission, which is causing crashes. Ignoring the alert, or sending out an interceptor to attack it causes an instant m_vector crash. If I center on it, and THEN send a craft to attack it (or ignore it) the game runs for a couple more ingame hours, before then crashing. I'm running the newest nightly build, and version .69 of the mod, so for now it seems I'm completely stuck.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #102 on: April 26, 2014, 12:26:38 am »
Never encountered ANY kind of error with a Cruiser... Send a save maybe? I'm not an expert but maybe I'll be able to divine something out of it...

Offline Avalanche

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 26, 2014, 07:14:59 pm »
Update! After playing around with a few things this morning, I am now positive that the problem is not the cruiser itself, but that it is attacking my base. Unlike all the other cruisers I've run into so far, this one is definitely going to invade. I've also discovered that if I scramble fighters early, I can actually engage with it in midair without trouble. Unfortunately, I have one Kraken, one damaged Sabre, and a bunch of Brave Whalers only armed with Reapers, so actually shooting it down might be problematic.

I'm going to play around with it a little more, and see if I can figure something out. If not, I'll send you the save later in the day.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 02, 2014, 11:19:33 pm »
Dioxine, I used my "tool" to improve your mod.
Thanks to that in battlescape your solders will have same hair colors like paperdolls.
Would you be interested in including it to your mod? This will require only ruleset changes and if you use normal OpenXcom it simply ignore this without any error.