Author Topic: [ARMOR] Improved Uniforms, Kevlars, Dragon Skin & Combat Armor ^_^  (Read 59567 times)

Offline MFive

• Captain
  • Lazy Sectoid
    • View Profile
Re: [ARMOR] Improved Uniforms, Kevlars, Dragon Skin & Combat Armor ^_^
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2014, 12:26:51 am »
@Fox105iwsp

this mod looks amazing, i greatly look forward to seeing it finished, i had thought a psionic armour would be cool

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2014, 04:23:46 am »
Awesome, thanks Fox! Keep adding!!

Anyway you can condense the .rul files to one file, or do you do this so we can decide which armor sets we want enabled and disabled? Is that possible? I can't tell which .rul file is which, so maybe if that's the purpose, would you be able to rename the .rul files so we can disable a certain armor set we don't want from this huge mod? These kinds of options I've always loved. Giving us choices. I won't disable them, because I do go straight to dragonskins, now I'm needing to rethink that soon since they add the most weight, and sometimes can't fit in a vital item.

Also give us a preview of what's coming plzzzz Fox!!

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 12, 2014, 11:43:34 am »
this mod is amazing,but i wish there were more "conventional combat" (i mean...using terran bullet weapons) so the armors would be more usefull.
"the alien cult mission" make this,but if  could make an enemy human corporation trying to get all the ufo stuff,so they attack us,raid our base,have bases in the geomap,that would be fun...and would benefit so much of this wonderfull mod  ;D

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #33 on: April 12, 2014, 04:15:35 pm »
this mod is amazing,but i wish there were more "conventional combat" (i mean...using terran bullet weapons) so the armors would be more usefull.

A very astute observation. I believe we could make a megamod where our main enemy are alien supporters, and the aliens themselves only show up occasionally... That would require enormous work, though. For now we have the Piratez mod. :)

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 12, 2014, 10:56:01 pm »
Sorry for late reply >_<
I'll like to do a preview, but the time I would spend on that could be spent finishing the mod package, my time is limited >_<
I will say this, I keep the rules separate for two reasons:
1) Easier for me to make and diagnose if something goes wrong >_<
2) Yes, it's to give people options in case they don't like my mod as a whole....

Current mod progress:-
Armors: 90%
Tanks: 80%
Scout vehicles: 90%
Guns: 65%
Transport Aircraft: 85%
Fighter Aircraft: 75%
Mecha: 95%
Alien Guns: 55%

>_< most of what is remaining is rule programing, raw materials have been gathered and mostly made ready. anyone know how to make a skyranger or other units into a ufo map? for the MIB or Cultist.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #35 on: April 12, 2014, 11:38:10 pm »
Wow, you're adding a lot to this mod! Will you be changing the name of your mod now? and Thank you for allowing us to also be able to disable what we don't want, just pretty plzzzz sir edit the rul names so we know which files to uncheck in the mod options.

Thanks Fox, you're the best modder too!!

Offline blackwolf

• Colonel
  • im back...i guess
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2014, 02:30:08 am »
well thats right solarius...but what about of just the alien begin to appears later?,and then they become majority.But we should also modify the laser project,so we dont become so OVERPOWERED for the time the aliens show up...in my case that wouldnt be a problem because i stick with my conventional weaponry for a year at least (yes...i like it painfully...december...mutons invasion, doing my best with rifles and cannons,and barely using the personal armors xD)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2014, 01:14:34 pm by blackwolf »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 14, 2014, 12:00:57 am »
well thats right solarius...but what about of just the alien begin to appears later?,and then they become majority.But we should also modify the laser project,so we don become so OVERPOWERED for the time the aliens show up...in my case that wouldnt be a problem because i stick with my conventional weaponry for a year at least (yes...i like it painfully...december...mutons invasion, doing my best with rifles and cannons,and barely using the personal armors xD)

Yes, that's true. I don't think it would be that hard to design, though; I've always thought getting laser weapons was too easy anyway (as of 2014, we still don't have the technological means for laser hand weapons). I would like a scenario where you fight alien agents first, and by wrestling some alien technology from them you get to lasers, medikits and motion scanners...

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 14, 2014, 08:38:18 am »
Why not simply make Hand held Laser& Plasmas very expensive or long (complex) manufacturing process or both if you're seeking death >_< .....and play with the self destruct option like the remake Xcom enemy within.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 08:41:06 am by Fox105iwsp »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2014, 02:28:10 pm »
Or you may require a live Commander to research plasma weapons, just like in the UFO: Extraterrestrials... And use found plasma weaponry to invent lasers. I think it would be for the better.

I don't know how it relates to the armour problem though.

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2014, 06:42:21 am »
Why not simply make Hand held Laser& Plasmas very expensive or long (complex) manufacturing process or both if you're seeking death >_< .....and play with the self destruct option like the remake Xcom enemy within.

Sorry for the hijack, but that is an awesome, super simple idea.  Specifically about laser tech.  I like that. 

Offline Angelus_EV

• Colonel
  • Trust no one
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2014, 07:04:41 am »
its possible to auto equip the correct uniform for the correct terrain tipe?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2014, 02:17:10 pm »
Sorry for the hijack, but that is an awesome, super simple idea.  Specifically about laser tech.  I like that.

I don't really think it solves anything. Even if a laser rifle is $ 1 mln and takes a month to produce, I'll still be using them en masse. :P

Plus, why make lasers even worse than they are? They're already hardly a match for plasmas. Which come to you by hundred every month.

Offline Fox105iwsp

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 15, 2014, 04:46:20 pm »
.....and play with the self destruct option like the remake Xcom enemy within.

always important to receive the entire message......

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 15, 2014, 06:56:42 pm »
always important to receive the entire message......

I read that. It's just a downright stupid option, in both games.

How would such a weapon simply disintegrate? And even if it did, it would still be recoverable easy enough for qualified engineers. Unless it crumbled to microscopic pieces, which seems unrealistic on so many levels. (Just think on how much energy would be emitted, especially if you decompose Elerium too.)