Author Topic: [WEAPON] Minigun 1.8b  (Read 63123 times)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Re: [WEAPON] Minigun
« Reply #45 on: February 08, 2014, 03:27:17 am »
Downloading now. I need to sleep already, but I'm just gonna take a quick look in-game ;D

Thanks Solarius!

Edit: I only had time to test the heavy minigun and when I fire, the screen goes crazy for a second and it's over. Did I do something wrong or is this how it should function? I didn't even see the bullets because the screen was flashing too fast.

Other than that, I like the rest of changes you've made to the weapon, keep it up! Also hope you wouldn't mind separating the weapons and HWP so we can choose what we want. Thanks mate!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:06:34 pm by Mr. Quiet »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2014, 02:13:44 pm »
Edit: I only had time to test the heavy minigun and when I fire, the screen goes crazy for a second and it's over. Did I do something wrong or is this how it should function? I didn't even see the bullets because the screen was flashing too fast.

It's sort of right. I'm still experimenting with BulletSpeed (currently at 50); the current speed works for me, but it's a matter of preference.

If you manage to get a nicer result without making the shooting too long, I'll gladly accept a tip.

And thanks for your kind words!

Oh, and I forgot to add that the minigun tank has unlimited ammo. The reason is simple: you would have to buy every bullet separately, and that would be absurd, since its clip is 200; you would have to buy so many bullets every time, and they'd clog your stores. Unless there is a way around it, but I don't know how.

Offline ThatDude

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2014, 04:05:04 am »
I have a suggestion: How about shortening the length of the minigun's fire sound? (The extremely rapid 2 seconds sounds are the only reason I wouldn't have all my troops use miniguns, well, that and the fact that they're heavy, but the weight is reasonable) (This seems like it would help from my point of view)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2014, 04:11:07 am »
I have a suggestion: How about shortening the length of the minigun's fire sound? (The extremely rapid 2 seconds sounds are the only reason I wouldn't have all my troops use miniguns, well, that and the fact that they're heavy, but the weight is reasonable) (This seems like it would help from my point of view)

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure though, some people tell me they love the sound... I guess it's a matter of personal preference.
I think it might be best for you if you use the same sound (the one you prefer) for both miniguns. Just change the sound number in the ruleset for the one you don't like to the number of the other sound.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 07:25:20 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 31, 2014, 12:27:56 am »
An update: Wicked Wirtz, a nice X-Com modder of old, allowed me to use his beautiful Minigun sprite, as it appears on https://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/new-weapons-mod/. I used it for the Light Minigun. Download it to see for yourself!

EDIT:

I've been trying to finish the mod by adding a tank minigun clip, but I just can't; it fails in too many ways to even list here. Ruleset is in the attachment. Anyone up for the task?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 01:09:39 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 31, 2014, 04:26:04 am »
An update: Wicked Wirtz, a nice X-Com modder of old, allowed me to use his beautiful Minigun sprite, as it appears on https://www.strategycore.co.uk/files/new-weapons-mod/. I used it for the Light Minigun. Download it to see for yourself!

I'm interested in checking it out!  Let us know when you are ready to post it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 31, 2014, 04:36:15 am »
I'm interested in checking it out!  Let us know when you are ready to post it.

It was posted ages ago; today I only edited this post for the short rant regarding tanks being stupid.

Offline BlackLibrary

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 31, 2014, 05:05:08 am »
Wouldn't the new sprite require new resource file?  Or does the March 1st archive in the first post have this new resource.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 31, 2014, 06:08:25 am »
Wouldn't the new sprite require new resource file?  Or does the March 1st archive in the first post have this new resource.

I'm not sure what you mean, but yes, the linked version contains WickedWirtz's files...

Offline papamaanbeer

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
    • Twitch papamaanbeer
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2014, 01:17:30 am »
ah miniguns, lets get the syndicate guy in the game,...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 24, 2014, 11:58:10 pm »
Big changes!
  • Added Scatter Laser, which is a "laser minigun". Sprite made by Dioxine, based on Chiko's sprite.
  • Nerfed accuracy of all Miniguns by 5.
  • Added ammo need for Tank/Minigun (200 bullets max).
  • Added Tank/Minigun sprites (new turret).
Update in the initial post, as well as on the OpenXCom Mod portal: https://www.openxcom.com/mod/minigun

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2014, 11:48:24 am »
awesome!

edit: tested it and the new tank looks very cool!  :)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 11:36:44 am by civilian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2014, 03:34:19 pm »
awesome!

edit: tested it and the new tank looks very cool!  :)

Thank you! :)

Offline civilian

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2014, 01:28:03 pm »
Hmm, during some quick tests I ran into some problems with the ammunition/weapon of the tank. Sometimes It fired only 3 shots, then it suddenly had no ammo at all, then the clips dissapered from my stores... After I changed the clipsize to -1 and removed the ammo the problem disappeared. Not sure if this is a problem with the mod or if I messed sth up when giving the tank a new sound...  :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 27, 2014, 02:02:14 pm »
Hmm, during some quick tests I ran into some problems with the ammunition/weapon of the tank. Sometimes It fired only 3 shots, then it suddenly had no ammo at all, then the clips dissapered from my stores... After I changed the clipsize to -1 and removed the ammo the problem disappeared. Not sure if this is a problem with the mod or if I messed sth up when giving the tank a new sound...  :)

Quite possibly it is a problem with the tank, although I can't say for sure.

I made some extra effort to make it identical to the Tank/Cannon - except damage, autofire and listOrders - and the result is attached to this post. Please let me know if it helps...