Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536579 times)

Offline g5-freemen

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #1125 on: April 13, 2016, 05:19:01 pm »
Maybe i can help with russian translation?

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: April 13, 2016, 06:53:58 pm »
Maybe i can help with russian translation?

Somebody did translate the mod to Russian a while back, but new content has been added. And then all the ufopaedia stuff was added too.

I think the original translation is still there if you download the mod; if you improve that translation, I'll bundle it with the mod!

Offline g5-freemen

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: April 19, 2016, 03:15:03 pm »
  - id: STR_MEDAL_ORDER_OF_RESTRAINT_NAME
    type_id: 7
    section: STR_HEAVY_WEAPONS_PLATFORMS

maybe somebody see something wrong? :)
russian translation going slowly...

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1128 on: April 19, 2016, 04:29:13 pm »
  - id: STR_MEDAL_ORDER_OF_RESTRAINT_NAME
    type_id: 7

maybe somebody see something wrong? :)
russian translation going slowly...
This is telling the mod where to display the commendation information in the UFOpedia.  We stole the HWP section and collapsed them into Crafts & Craft Weapons.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: April 19, 2016, 07:29:20 pm »
Wasn't that in an old version of the executable/mod and Shoes since added a new section? I would have assumed the mod that went into the OXC master had the extra commendation section too?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1130 on: April 19, 2016, 07:56:24 pm »
Wasn't that in an old version of the executable/mod and Shoes since added a new section? I would have assumed the mod that went into the OXC master had the extra commendation section too?

Honestly, I haven't checked the new mod setup.  Soldier diaries when into the master, so the stats tracking is integrated.  Commendations is still an addition, but I don't know if/what changes are,  especially in regard to how the Ufopedia entries are handled anymore.  ;)

My previous comment was based with recognizing the code I had modified for the Commendations: Ufopedia Mod that was a standalone addition to Commendations.  (Currently, my head is so wrapped up in XPirateZ that I haven't stayed up to speed with Commendations.)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: April 20, 2016, 06:41:43 pm »
Same here.. I don't know how it's implemented in the master, but since Shoes improved things by adding a new section before things were merged, I'd expect there is a new section...

@g5-freemen: which category did the medal show up in game in the UFOPaedia?

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: April 20, 2016, 07:06:08 pm »
So I started digging in the code to see what happens... then I had the brilliant idea of just booting up the game and checking it out myself!

I have a feeling that I did not actually code the ufopaedia to be dynamic like it is now; I think I went with ivandogovich's idea and just took over the HWPs section. However, the list is indeed dynamic now.

So yeah. The problem is in the ruleset, there is a typo; that extra "5". All the other commendations are in the right place, and the HWP section is still present. In fact, that extra button is pushing the "UFOpedia" outside it's own little window box, so maybe I will have to report that issue or fix it myself.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: April 20, 2016, 08:33:39 pm »
The commendations used to take over the HWP section, but I also remember you coding something such that, when the mod was enabled, the ufopaedia would have one more section for commendations, as a preparation for things getting merged. But I don't know how it is now since I haven't played the original in a long time.

Good to see you're working on it again! I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of commendations in XPiratez :D

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1134 on: April 20, 2016, 08:41:39 pm »
I am eagerly awaiting the arrival of commendations in XPiratez :D

This just breaks my Brain.  I can't really even imagine how to make this work. ;)

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: April 20, 2016, 09:00:48 pm »
Eventually Yankes will update OXCE, then Meridian will update OXCE+ :P

And for us mere users, it will simply add a new ufopaedia section with commendations, and even more infos about the gals' accomplishments!

For the details of the work involved for coders.. no idea! but everything else is easy to imagine (and dream of!)  8)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #1136 on: April 20, 2016, 09:05:56 pm »
And for us mere users, it will simply add a new ufopaedia section with commendations, and even more infos about the gals' accomplishments!

Its all the XPirateZ specific medals, their graphics, and coordinating Bootypedia entries that make me shudder.  Just the vanilla stuff was quite a task. 

Soldier Diaries in XPirateZ will be very nice!  I'm just daunted by their commendations.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: April 20, 2016, 09:20:15 pm »
I think coming up with medals will be easy. It's not coming up with too many medals which will be hard ;)

It's true that making proper award graphics for everything will be quite a lot of work though.. But since pirates don't do medals, maybe there can be something easier. Like the Iconoclast award (for killing 1 of every church rank? Or X number of church people?) could just be a picture of a smashed up church, or, as a placeholder, just show the corpse of a church cardinal. This way, Dioxine's ability to find awesome pics can come to the rescue, instead of finely crafting military style medals.

Anyhow.. we should sulk back into our Piratez subforum for that topic ;)

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: April 20, 2016, 11:56:16 pm »
.. But since pirates don't do medals, maybe there can be something easier. Like the Iconoclast award (for killing 1 of every church rank? Or X number of church people?) could just be a picture of a smashed up church, or, as a placeholder, just show the corpse of a church cardinal. This way, Dioxine's ability to find awesome pics can come to the rescue, instead of finely crafting military style medals.

Come on... tattoos...tattoos!

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: April 21, 2016, 12:59:38 am »
Yeah, that would work too! And make it not too bad to implement: same background (skin, maybe 2-3 tones variations at most) for everything, then draw something on top (for people who are good at that drawing thing!)