Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536731 times)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #795 on: June 07, 2015, 02:19:58 pm »
While I was falling asleep, I did think of a new layout: clicking the Records button would then bring you to a mini menu with only buttons, "missions", "kills/stuns", "psi-attacks", "commendations". Right now it's a mix of buttons and lists, but this way it would be buttons leading to lists. It's more work, so I may just got with Ivan and have a "psi attacks" total.

Now, for crediting mind controlled alien kills to the mind controller, that's gonna be fun! Again, thanks to the new addition of tracking IDs, I can back track and check to see who MCd the alien and give the kill to him. Question will be, how do I describe this kill... this will definitely be a fun little challenge :3

Edit: I did edit the mission details screen to say panic or mind control :)

Here's what I've done today: Added commendations for MCing and panicking aliens, and added a commendation for getting kills with a unit while under your control. Thanks to the code for attributing a cyberdisc explosion's kills to the soldier that killed him, it was pretty straight forward to do the same but for mind control.

Mind Control commendation:

Panic commendation:

Mind Control kills commendation (I fixed the description, it should read: "Given to a soldier who has used aliens against one another."):

And the mission details window, which needs to be enlarged (I shot another soldier using an MCd sectoid) :
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 06:05:48 pm by Shoes »

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: June 13, 2015, 01:41:59 am »
Spoiler:
Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima shite fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.

Bloody hell!

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: June 13, 2015, 08:16:42 am »
Bloody hell!

What the in the name of the Lord did you just say about me, you little beggar? I have you know I am highly trained in gorilla warfare and have flown out with Her Majesties' Secret Service numerous times on top secret raids on Al Qaeda. You are dead to me, good sir. My network of cricket club buddies in MI6 are tracking you down this very minute, and as soon as I'm finished my tea, you will be sorry.

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: June 14, 2015, 05:49:25 pm »
Hey Shoes. Are your most recent commits ready to build? or are you still bughunting?

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: June 14, 2015, 06:22:11 pm »
Hey Shoes. Are your most recent commits ready to build? or are you still bughunting?

The github branch is up to date with the changes I've made. The only thing that's left to do regarding the mind control changes is what we've talked about: make that mission info window wider, and add a little total for psi-related attacks rather than have the stats mixed in with kills/stuns. Both of these things are aesthetic, so any changes won't result in loss of stats.

So there shouldn't be bugs, but it could be prettier!

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: June 15, 2015, 09:37:42 am »
Righto, was just checking if you'd forgotten to update the first post if if you hadn't built a version yet. I'm in the process of updating my extended builds (testing atm). Partially because extended has been updated, but mostly because Piratez is now using it.

Offline Oladele.Itsifanus

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: July 13, 2015, 09:01:04 pm »
Hi guys, is this mod compatible with Mac version? The Mac version has no OpenXcom.exe, or DLL files. Please say you can make it compatible :) It looks so cool it should be in the default mods.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 09:43:33 pm by Oladele.Itsifanus »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: July 13, 2015, 10:29:03 pm »
I'm guessing you'd have to compile it yourself. Mac (and Linux) users don't have it quite as easy as the Windows users (but we can use a terminal and scripts, so we're obviously better!  ;D)

Joking aside, I'm about to start a new modded "vanilla" game to test the next version of the XAE, and it feels like I should try it with commendations. Is the code at https://github.com/Shoes01/OpenXcom/tree/alpha_release still the latest one? Just checking because "alpha_release" sounds very preliminary for such a crazy amount of work!

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: July 14, 2015, 11:15:04 am »
Okay, I just installed the Windows version through Wineskin :) Copied my data folder, saves and config, everything works and Soldier Diaries is ready to rock! I just wish I did that earlier, so I had all the stats form the beginning, cause I friggin love my guys ;D

Offline kikimoristan

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: July 14, 2015, 01:02:53 pm »
Okay, I just installed the Windows version through Wineskin :) Copied my data folder, saves and config, everything works and Soldier Diaries is ready to rock! I just wish I did that earlier, so I had all the stats form the beginning, cause I friggin love my guys ;D
use Vbox and an old XP disc you might have around is what I do. EZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: July 14, 2015, 01:09:55 pm »
use Vbox and an old XP disc you might have around is what I do. EZ
Actually Wineskin wrapper is better, because it doesn't need to start a virtual OS. Or do I miss something?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 01:12:09 pm by Oladele.Itsifanus »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #806 on: July 14, 2015, 02:28:41 pm »
I'm guessing you'd have to compile it yourself. Mac (and Linux) users don't have it quite as easy as the Windows users (but we can use a terminal and scripts, so we're obviously better!  ;D)

Joking aside, I'm about to start a new modded "vanilla" game to test the next version of the XAE, and it feels like I should try it with commendations. Is the code at https://github.com/Shoes01/OpenXcom/tree/alpha_release still the latest one? Just checking because "alpha_release" sounds very preliminary for such a crazy amount of work!

I hope that this Soldier stats tracking code will find its way into the Master Branch somewere in the future.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: July 14, 2015, 07:01:11 pm »
Actually Wineskin wrapper is better, because it doesn't need to start a virtual OS. Or do I miss something?
That's probably true, but compiling your own Linux version of the code is even better :P

That's why I was asking about the latest repo, but I guess it is indeed the alpha_release one, since that roughly corresponds to the last update by Shoes.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: July 14, 2015, 09:41:04 pm »
I hope that this Soldier stats tracking code will find its way into the Master Branch somewere in the future.

I just started a new game of OXC yesterday, and I have been finding a number of bugs :x Only one is game breaking!

Don't let your soldiers bleed out. If they are hurt, you will have to put them down.

edit: Updated alpha_release to latest nightly, including the fix for your soldiers bleeding out and crashing your game.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2015, 05:33:37 pm by Shoes »

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: July 17, 2015, 08:29:50 am »
I started a new game with Commendations too :D And I was loving it! No mod enabled except commendations and statstrings.

But I also decided that for the medals to mean something, I had to play true: No reloads -> Ironman. And I promptly got a crash in my 2nd terror  :'(

I'm not 100% sure what happened.. One of my soldier got shot, then MC'd, then the game crashed. I tried an ethereal terror to check and I can't play past first turn. Presumably because of psi-stuff.

Another comment on the mod: Is there any order in the medals section? It's really hard to find anything since they are not in alphabetical order, and I can't figure out any meaningful grouping.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 08:32:14 am by Arthanor »