aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536680 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #780 on: June 03, 2015, 01:04:58 pm »
Sorry about that, I guess I'm used to using text language a lot but won't be lazy in the future.

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: June 04, 2015, 03:55:23 am »
Sorry about that, I guess I'm used to using text language a lot but won't be lazy in the future.

Yah, m8, ah sware on me fooking mum the grammar takes it to it 'very day. Got's to use the jobber's english or none knows whats to coming through the pipe.

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: June 05, 2015, 10:22:18 am »
I grabbed Ubuntu for my uses, but any popular distribution could be fine.
https://mxe.cc/#requirements all supported versions by mxe.

I use this makefile https://github.com/Yankes/OpenXcom/blob/master/src/Makefile.mxe to build.

Hey Yankes, could you explain a few things about your make file please. I've got a build to compile, after modifing the file to refer to master assets instead of the ones from extended, but I also had to tear out OBJRES = ../obj/OpenXcom_res.o and the $(OBJRES) bit of OBJS =, which stops it complaining about cannot find ..\res\windows\openxcom.ico, but this makes it build without an icon.

My question is, is there something different about OpenXcomEx.rc compared to OpenXcom.rc?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #783 on: June 05, 2015, 11:08:02 pm »
Your custom build has trouble reading custom soldier name directories. Well, it simply doesn't read them. Or so it seems. Care to explain?

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: June 06, 2015, 12:48:31 am »
Can I ask which build you're using? and what you mean by a custom soldier name directory? I spent a while testing the legacy+ build, and initially agreed with your assessment, then realised it was the base nightly too, I then spend ~2h stepping though the code, realised it can't do anything but load all .nam files in the directory, which I'd neglected to remove when I installed pirates. When I stopped being utterly pants on head daft and removed them, my game's now showing pirate names fine.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #785 on: June 06, 2015, 12:55:57 am »
LOL.  One of the things I built into my "let me upgrade to the latest nightly" powershell script, is a line to delete all the stock .nam files and another to copy in the PirateZ.nam file.  ;)

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #786 on: June 06, 2015, 02:27:00 am »
Well yeah but the latest nightlies allow to do it the softcode way, through the ruleset - doing it the old way, by replacement, well it works but I hoped these times are behind us. :)
Ah - and I got a CTD when lost my last unit on a Pogrom (with some uncoscious ones still alive).

Oh, the build - the .exe is dated on 1st June, most other files at 25th May.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 02:53:20 am by Dioxine »

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: June 06, 2015, 02:48:04 am »
Yah, m8, ah sware on me fooking mum the grammar takes it to it 'very day. Got's to use the jobber's english or none knows whats to coming through the pipe.

You be Scotish or Oirish m8?

Offline NuclearStudent

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: June 06, 2015, 05:54:55 am »
You be Scotish or Oirish m8?

Spoiler:
Wot the fok did ye just say 2 me m8? i dropped out of newcastle primary skool im the sickest bloke ull ever meet & ive nicked ova 300 chocolate globbernaughts frum tha corner shop. im trained in street fitin' & im the strongest foker in tha entire newcastle gym. yer nothin to me but a cheeky lil bellend w/ a fit mum & fakebling. ill waste u and smash a fokin bottle oer yer head bruv, i swer 2 christ. ya think u can fokin run ya gabber at me whilst sittin on yer arse behind a lil screen? think again wanka. im callin me homeboys rite now preparin for a proper scrap. A roomble thatll make ur nan sore jus hearin about it. yer a waste bruv. me crew be all over tha place & ill beat ya to a proper fokin pulp with me fists wanka. if i aint satisfied w/ that ill borrow me m8s cricket paddle & see if that gets u the fok out o' newcastle ya daft kunt. if ye had seen this bloody fokin mess commin ye might a' kept ya gabber from runnin. but it seems yea stupid lil twat, innit? ima shite fury & ull drown in it m8. ur ina proper mess knob.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #789 on: June 06, 2015, 06:45:36 am »
@FudgeDragon: Nevermind about the ruleset-defined soldier names - looks like this functionality was broken by 27th May Nightly, so it's not about your build. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: June 06, 2015, 08:21:05 am »
@FudgeDragon: Nevermind about the ruleset-defined soldier names - looks like this functionality was broken by 27th May Nightly, so it's not about your build. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Always the issue with custom builds. You can never be quite sure where the problem is coming from.

I'll check to see if I can get my extended build to crash on a regular terror mission. It's somewhat difficult to test without your savegame, and you can't really send me that because it's useless without your unreleased mod.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: June 07, 2015, 02:28:40 am »
So I've done a bit of work to get psi related attacks tracked and I added two basic commendations to take advantage of it. Now the issue is that the screen that displays all the kill stats is getting messy... here is the screen I am talking about.

The main issue is that kills, stuns, panick attacks and mind controls are all being lumped in there without any discretion. The psi-amp is the weapon for both psi related attacks, so you can't really tell how many of each you've done ... I am wondering if you guys have suggestions on how to get around this. I could straight up list "Sectoid Soldier panicked by a psi amp" and "Muton Soldier killed by a heavy plasma blaster" as a scrollable list, and at the bottom (where it says kills> 2, stuns> 2) I could have more totals. Or I could add more buttons; like kills+stuns and psi, or kills and stuns and psi.

It's something I want to tackle so I want some input before I tear it apart ;p

Offline DoxaLogos (JG)

• Colonel
  • Squaddie cautiously peering through the breach
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 07, 2015, 04:23:27 am »
I think I would prefer another page dedicated to the PSI stats, since PSI is not "kill" or "stun".  As far as Kill/Stun vs Kill + Stun, I don't have a preference.  I'm kind of used to those the way they are.  However, I could see the value of consistency splitting them apart like the psi.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #793 on: June 07, 2015, 05:20:26 am »
You could use the generic "Psi Attacks" at the bottom with kills and stuns and call it good.

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: June 07, 2015, 08:18:17 am »
Hmm, I'm not really that good at laying out interfaces, but I'm tempted to agree with Ivan here and just have a Psi Attacks total at the bottom, with a couple of caveats.

Is it possible to track kills and stuns via psi: i.e. I mind control that guy, he kills two people and those are technically my kills, or I make that alien panic and he kills one of his buddies.
You could list these as Psionics in the kills list, with maybe a medal for causing an AI unit to commit suicide by grenade.

The only place I think you can afford to go into greater detail is the mission details screen, maybe listing them like PANIC Sectoid Soldier Psionics/Psi Amp
Maybe if the above is possible you could list the kills the enemy makes as a result of this in more detail too. Not entirely sure how you would present that, seeing as you'd want both the aliens weapon and the alien doing the kill on there.

Hmm, thats all I can think of at the moment, either way, having stats for psi will be interesting.