aliens

Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536437 times)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #300 on: August 15, 2014, 05:24:01 pm »
Did you extract everything properly? The missing strings means the ruleset hasn't been installed; make sure the Commendations.rul is in the same folder as xcom1.rul.

(for those wondering about lack of updates, I have yet to find time to play test! :3)

Offline MrTwentyThree

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 16, 2014, 09:40:47 am »
I'm an idiot. I had no idea I had to enable the mod in the mods menu in the game's options. Totally new to OpenXcom (but not to o.g. x-com). Thanks!

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #302 on: August 17, 2014, 04:26:19 am »
 :-[

I just had a crash at the end of my first mission. 5 soldiers evaccing from a Terror mission.  When I disabled the commendations mod, it doesn't crash.

Save file attached.

Legacy 1.0 debug version

Other mods:
UpClose Modpack.  ( the only thing in action here is combat knives, and scout drones)
Lukes extra Ufos
statstring
psi-line of sight

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 17, 2014, 04:31:51 am »
(for those wondering about lack of updates, I have yet to find time to play test! :3)

I hope you find time... this is one of my favorite mods but I currently have it disabled because of the bugs :'(

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #304 on: August 17, 2014, 05:20:34 am »
After the mission, I referenced before in my save, I re-enabled the commendations, and just completed my second mission successfully.

I was concerned that destroyed scouts may have been causing the crash, so I replayed the last turns, and destroyed one of my drones.  Still no crash.

I don't know what the cause of the first crash was...  There were two cyberdisks killed and about 6 sectoids.  There were some fratricides as well. 

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #305 on: August 18, 2014, 12:34:53 am »
More Playtesting feedback.

Situation:  Touch and go, night terror mission.

A rookie (named "Novice") in the door with a primed HE Pack, tossed it out and killed a floater.  Then we pull the scout back in, and abort. (9 civ KbA, 1 AKbX).

The award screen showed an appropriate number of Longest Nights, Military Crosses and Honor Crosses. ( I don't have a screen shot, sorry ).

When I check "Novice's" award, he has the Longest Night and the Nike Cross!!

links to kill record and mission record too:

https://i.imgur.com/8QXQuHX.png
https://i.imgur.com/lv2JvCw.png

So somehow, he erroneously got the Nike Cross, instead of an Honor Cross.

Edit:  at the end of the Month, "Novice" got a second award of the Nike Cross.  I'll try to look into the ruleset and see if I can find the error..  I think this should be an Honor Cross but shouldn't have gotten a second award.

https://i.imgur.com/tSWmzOv.png

Edit: As I have played forward, "Novice" has gotten extra awards for the Nike Cross at just about ever opportunity (end of missions, end of month).  He now has two gold stars.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2014, 03:55:16 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
New Crash
« Reply #306 on: August 20, 2014, 06:31:49 am »
I haven't been able to work this one out. 

I had a soldier shot who fell unconscious... his live proximity grenade went of shortly there after and destroyed him and a stunned sectoid.

FF about 15 turns, while the rest of the squad wipes out the crew of the abductor, and when the last alien goes down, the End Turn screen pops.  When I click to continue and bring up the end of mission report, the game freezes, and crashes. 

I have tried disabling various mods that I'm running to no effect  (including disabling "Commendations" in the modlist  (which also cleared up the previous crash that I had with 5 survivors trying to abort)).

Edit: I think I may be closer on this now.  It looks like the save, does not record a soldier death on the fallen soldier.

The structure of the save files makes it a little hard to parse, as entries are not uniform.  i.e. its hard to tell when one soldier's entry starts and where it ends.

I see this the save file.  The soldier's name is "Shortimer"
Code: [Select]
    - id: 5
      faction: 0
      soldierId: 5
      genUnitType: SOLDIER
      genUnitArmor: STR_POWER_SUIT_UC
      name: Shortimer
      position:
      direction: 3
      directionTurret: 0
      tu: 58
      health: 0
      stunlevel: 33
      energy: 53
      morale: 100
      kneeled: false
      floating: false
      armor:
      fatalWounds:
      fire: 0
      expBravery: 0
      expReactions: 0
      expFiring: 1
      expThrowing: 0
      expPsiSkill: 0
      expMelee: 0
      turretType: -1
      visible: true
      turnsSinceSpotted: 255
      rankInt: 1
      moraleRestored: 0
      killedBy: 0
      specab: 0
      motionPoints: 0
      tempUnitStatistics:
        wasUnconcious: true
        shotAtCounter: 0
        kills:
            faction: 0
            mission: 18
            turn: 4
            race: STR_HUMAN
            weapon: STR_WEAPON_UNKNOWN
            weaponAmmo: STR_WEAPON_UNKNOWN
            race: STR_SECTOID
            weapon: STR_FLASHBANG_GRENADE
            weaponAmmo: STR_FLASHBANG_GRENADE
            faction: 1
            mission: 18
            turn: 4
        hitCounter: 0
        shotByFriendlyCounter: 0
        shotFriendlyCounter: 0
        loneSurvivor: false
        ironMan: false
        longDistanceHitCounter: 0
        lowAccuracyHitCounter: 0
        shotsFiredCounter: 0
        shotsLandedCounter: 0

and it looks like where he died.  is STR_WEAPON_UNKNOWN a problem? or "      killedBy: 0" ??

He has no entry however in the Memorial Section earlier in the .sav file.

I'll attach the save for parsing. 

In order to test this, the two critical mods that I'm running apart from Commendations are 
 - Lukes' UFOs, and
 - Up Close Mod Pack.

Cheers, Ivan :D
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 06:41:40 am by ivandogovich »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #307 on: August 21, 2014, 04:37:30 am »
More bug reports. :(

I kept the game going, by avoiding the previous mission.  The same scenario played out with abductors running missions in Europe.  I down two and tackled the third on the ground without a problem.  However, I went back to tackle a crash site, and completed the mission without taking losses, but the game crashes on end of mission. :(

I disabled the "Commendations" Ruleset and it still crashes.  I'll attach this save file too, for analysis.  Still running the same mods.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #308 on: August 22, 2014, 07:06:53 pm »
I may have hit upon what is happening!!  ;D

I all of the crash cases above, I had a unit "goomba stomped."   This occurs when and alien walks off a roof and lands on your soldier below.  When the alien lands, your soldier goes unconscious.    I have also had this happen to small (1 tile) scout drones.   Almost all of the units recovered conciousness.

In each situation, when the battle ended, the game crashed. 

Is Soldier Diaries having a hard time categorizing this damage/weapon/etc?

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 23, 2014, 05:47:01 am »
Has the mod been temporarily removed from the mod site?  Tried to download the latest version and nothing happens.  I've downloaded other mods, so I'm thinking it's not the mod site itself.

Thanks.

Offline Day

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 23, 2014, 05:45:12 pm »
A fun idea could be that soldiers originally from countries which do not support xcom anymore would receive traitor qualifications, "wanted: shoot on sight" info news :-)

First, it would improve the story (I always felt that the fact that countries stop to support xcom should be used more; for example, it should be linked with the places where the alien bases are; and when  you destroy a base, yay the country thanks you and comes back to supporting xcom!).

Second, it could make the soldiers doubt, affecting their psi strength :p

Online Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #311 on: August 23, 2014, 11:42:26 pm »
A fun idea could be that soldiers originally from countries which do not support xcom anymore would receive traitor qualifications, "wanted: shoot on sight" info news :-)

First, it would improve the story (I always felt that the fact that countries stop to support xcom should be used more; for example, it should be linked with the places where the alien bases are; and when  you destroy a base, yay the country thanks you and comes back to supporting xcom!).

I think this idea would go nicely with the "flash news" idea that was expressed elsewhere. :)

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 24, 2014, 04:02:30 pm »
Has the mod been temporarily removed from the mod site?  Tried to download the latest version and nothing happens.  I've downloaded other mods, so I'm thinking it's not the mod site itself.

Thanks.

The direct links are still up on the first post of this thread

At the moment I am staying away from 'bad' commendations ;p things like "you killed your friends" and "you're the reason everyone is homeless in this town" things would be funny, but would look weird next to hard earned commendations.

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 24, 2014, 05:09:26 pm »
The direct links are still up on the first post of this thread

Ah.  Thanks.  Checked a few pages back but forgot about the first post.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #314 on: August 27, 2014, 09:07:40 pm »
I just re-read through the entire thread.  :o

This is still an amazing mod, I am showing it off to the world in my Up Close and Personal Series that started this week.  :) 

Looking back at some of the unexplained crashes, I'd check for the "goomba stomping thing."  It may be applying in most cases...

Anyway, the first tactical mission (3 floaters in crashed ufo) completed successfully, with no awards made, but stats being tracked. :)
I'll probably change some of the commendation names around in my ruleset, to reflect what I feel might be better for things like service awards, etc.

If I can ever figure out how to actually create a working UFOPedia Graphic, I would be happy to help with Commendation Entries. :)