Author Topic: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0  (Read 536404 times)

Offline Aliums

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [STAT TRACKING] Soldier Diaries 1.0
« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2014, 06:31:52 pm »
This mod doesn't seem to work,it crashes everytime i try to enter a battle.I'm also pretty sure i installed it correctly and the game works flawlessly if unmodded.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 21, 2014, 10:52:10 pm »
This mod doesn't seem to work,it crashes everytime i try to enter a battle.I'm also pretty sure i installed it correctly and the game works flawlessly if unmodded.

I updated the link with a fresh compile, and "play tested" 2 missions and they worked fine. Let me know if that fixes your issues.

Offline Peperonis

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 22, 2014, 12:19:36 am »
Crashes when i enter the inventory screen when equiping my ships or when i enter a battle. Must be something with the equipment screen in general  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Offline lorrdmatt

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 22, 2014, 01:06:54 am »
I'm having the same issue with crashes when I try to enter the Inventory or Battle screen. It might be how I'm installing the mod. Could I please have a really simple guide to properly installing the mod, especially the dll's? I'm new to modding and I just want to make sure I'm getting it right! Thanks!

Offline lorrdmatt

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 22, 2014, 01:39:31 am »
I updated the link with a fresh compile, and "play tested" 2 missions and they worked fine. Let me know if that fixes your issues.

I just installed the newest version on a fresh install and it's still crashing at the inventory and battle screen for me. Running windows 7 64 bit.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 01:56:44 am by lorrdmatt »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 22, 2014, 03:45:26 pm »
Shoot sorry guys, I didn't look at the inventory screen, only ending a battle. When I get a chance later today I will properly test equipping soldiers

Offline FudgeDragon

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 22, 2014, 04:23:26 pm »
I assume therefore that it crashes the second you press the new battle button on the main menu?

I'm not seeing an issue, either with my personal git build or with the version in the first post. Lemme have a crack at some sort of installation guide, it might be an installation issue.

• Download the latest nightly build from https://openxcom.org/git-builds/ and extract the zip to the location of your choice on your pc. (Ideally you would want the version Shoes's fork is built against, but the contained resources shouldn't be so far out of date that it causes problems.)
  • Download the link to the zip from the first page.
  • Extract the OpenXcom.exe from the download over the exe in the folder you created in step 1.
  • Open the DLLs folder and extract them to the same location as OpenXcom.exe. (With the official builds the DLLs are all compiled into the exe, but visual studio used to build soldier diaries doesn't, so we need to provide them separately.)
  • Extract the resources folder into the data folder overwriting any conflicts
  • Install the original game resources to the data folder as explained here: https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=Installing_%28OpenXcom%29 (Alternately install them to the user folder mentioned on that page to avoid having to install them more than once per user!)

If it still doesn't work after that I will be most confused. Either that or I'm worse at instructions that I thought :)

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 22, 2014, 07:25:06 pm »
If it still doesn't work after that I will be most confused. Either that or I'm worse at instructions that I thought :)

It's not you, it's the install.  I had a working install with the 6/15 download, but the 6/21 download breaks it.  Didn't test extensively, but it does crash when you attempt to enter the inventory screen when equipping the Skyranger.  6/15 version worked perfectly and reinstalling that gets everything working again.

[Clarification: when I say "working perfectly" I mean in the regular campaign itself.  The 6/15 version still has the bug where it crashes upon exiting the single battle mode, which is a separate issue from this latest problem.]
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 07:30:36 pm by wsmithjr »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 22, 2014, 07:46:22 pm »
Are you all playing the nightly, or the milestone build? It might be because I keep updating with the nightly... I will see if I can release a nightly updated mod and a milestone mod.

Offline wsmithjr

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 22, 2014, 08:06:20 pm »
Are you all playing the nightly, or the milestone build? It might be because I keep updating with the nightly... I will see if I can release a nightly updated mod and a milestone mod.

I think that's it.  Went  and installed the nightly and then reinstalled 6/21 and the problem went away.

Individual battle mode problem is solved as well.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 22, 2014, 08:22:34 pm »
Good to hear!

edit : a Legacy version has been compiled with a link on page one.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:38:47 pm by Shoes »

Offline Peperonis

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 22, 2014, 08:55:54 pm »
Confirming that Legacy update works perfect with 1.0 version (milestone one). Also one quick question. 1.0 version is the 'official' one while nightly versions are something like 'modded' versions? thx a lot again! :D

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 22, 2014, 09:38:58 pm »
Confirming that Legacy update works perfect with 1.0 version (milestone one). Also one quick question. 1.0 version is the 'official' one while nightly versions are something like 'modded' versions? thx a lot again! :D

OXC development is ongoing, so the devs keep adding more code to the game; when they do, they release nightlies for us all to experiment with. Normally when I update my mod, I merge the nightlies into it. So if you don't download updates to the game and you only play the 1.0 release, then stick with the legacy mod :) I will update both when I update my mod!

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 22, 2014, 11:14:49 pm »
No, it would better to say that nightly builds are WIP
Nightly... Nightly... Nightly... (some weeks)... Nightly... Nightly... 1.1

Offline lorrdmatt

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 23, 2014, 01:20:56 am »
Just an update to let the mod creator know that his legacy mod is working with 1.0 for me as well AND a working nicely alongside some other mods. Excellent work on the mod!

Quick question regarding the commendations; how exactly can I find out the requirements for each commendation or create any of my own?