Author Topic: [ENEMY][MISSION] Cultist Mod  (Read 22107 times)

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
[ENEMY][MISSION] Cultist Mod
« on: October 26, 2013, 05:02:53 am »
This mod adds human cultists to the game. You will only encounter them on one type of mission but it works a little like an Alien Base mission except that you must shoot down a cult UFO or attack one that has landed. The mission will always use the custom CULT mapblocks (Farmland with some alien things thrown in) and uses a custom UFO design.

You stand to receive a large quantity of Elerium from a cult mission but there are a lot of cultists and most units on the mission have decent to high psi strength and skill.

Included in the mod is a small change that allows the city terror site terrain to be used for UFO crashes. Half the Geoscape texture definitions for farmland have been changed to the city terrain. I have also included my MBASE terrain for New Battle scenarios. It won't appear when actually playing OXC but you can use it and city terrain in New Battle.

Cultists are armed with Pistols, Rifles and Heavy/Auto Cannons. A Cult site will probably have Sectoid/Ethereal Commanders as well as cultists.

Fun facts/Known issues:
- Cultists use the snakeman death sound as death sounds for human units are assigned on the name of the unit.

Thanks to Luke83 for the civilian sprites!

Please tell me if you have any problems!  :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:53:02 am by Svanh »

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
Re: Cultist Mod
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 07:36:20 am »
All my civilians sprites hold weapons, maybe you can mod something from them.

Offline MKSheppard

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 09:01:21 am »
Cult of Sirus!  ;D

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 10:01:11 am »
@Svanh  What type of death sound did you imagine or would like to have for the cultists?  Please describe and I will see what I can do. :D

GREAT MOD! I will definitely try this.

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 10:06:47 am »
All my civilians sprites hold weapons, maybe you can mod something from them.

Thanks, I pinched your basic male/female civilians for now and updated the first post.

@Svanh  What type of death sound did you imagine or would like to have for the cultists?  Please describe and I will see what I can do. :D

GREAT MOD! I will definitely try this.

Thanks! Basic male/female human screams are fine but I don't mind something creative.   :)

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 12:29:27 pm »
Quick update fixing a graphical bug. Luke83's civilian sprites use the soldier drawing routine and I forgot to check before using the civilian one. If you use the previous version, human cultists appear as disembodied arms and weapons.

Updated main post with latest version.

Offline mercy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 01:59:52 pm »
Please note:   the name of the RULESETS dir should be instead  RULESET.   Thank You for this MOD.

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2013, 10:46:31 am »
Please note:   the name of the RULESETS dir should be instead  RULESET.   Thank You for this MOD.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've added a few more mapblocks, fixed a bug and did a little bit of balancing (You could have all of your squad mind-controlled after the first turn).

Main post updated.  :)

Offline crisisdude

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: [ENEMY][MISSION] Cultist Mod
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2013, 08:10:14 am »
Hey so can someone give me a detailed install for this mod?  sounds really cool but i wanna make sure i set it up right.

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2013, 04:41:31 am »
Hey so can someone give me a detailed install for this mod?  sounds really cool but i wanna make sure i set it up right.

Sorry I'm a bit late on this. You should just be able to unzip the folder into your openxcom directory.

Tell me if you have any trouble.  :)

Offline crisisdude

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2013, 07:10:14 am »
Nope, I got it thanks.  I'll be messing around with it and tell you what I think.  Thanks again   ;D

Offline crisisdude

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2013, 09:12:02 am »
Ok.  so I've been messing around with the cultists and I noticed some map LOS holes is what i'm gonna call them.  (006)  and a wall I can walk through.   (009)

Other than that it works fine so far
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 09:15:33 am by crisisdude »

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2013, 09:14:56 am »
Thanks for pointing those out. I'll see what I can do.

Offline WeaverBeav81

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 14, 2013, 10:04:05 pm »
Hi Svanh,

Can't get this mod working - I've put the files directly into the relevant folders with other files and also tried putting them in the initial openxcom directory as well. My option.cfg file has been updated to include the ruleset, so unsure why it won't work for me - any ideas? I have several of the mods working in parallel, could it be conflicting with another?

Great concept, thanks for sharing!

Offline Svanh

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2013, 03:41:20 pm »
Hi Svanh,

Can't get this mod working - I've put the files directly into the relevant folders with other files and also tried putting them in the initial openxcom directory as well. My option.cfg file has been updated to include the ruleset, so unsure why it won't work for me - any ideas? I have several of the mods working in parallel, could it be conflicting with another?

Great concept, thanks for sharing!

Really sorry for the late reply. Is the game crashing on start-up or are the missions/ufos not appearing in the game? You can check if it's working by going to "New Battle" and selecting the "Cult" Ufo. If you can select that, the city terrain("City") or the base terrain ("Base"), it's loaded in fine (Sorry if you know this/have done this, I'm just trying to find out as much as possible).