Author Topic: [CONVERSION] Higher resolution  (Read 77769 times)

Offline Jo5hua

• Captain
  • ModSite
    • View Profile
Re: Higher resolution mod
« Reply #45 on: March 22, 2014, 04:36:01 pm »
Looks good! And welcome back :)

Offline R

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 22, 2014, 04:55:22 pm »
Here is something I did in my spare time.

I feminized the females in pic posted above and slightly changed the postures to something a little more natural.  If you people like this I can attempt to do the same with the other posture pics.

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 22, 2014, 08:57:16 pm »
Hey R,

Those look really, nice also instead of modifying the flat png i can give you the source png i think that will make it easier for you, actually you can get it from the github i put the source there so that anyone can do it, i extracted the from psd and made it in to png since i am better working with fireworks and not photoshop.

Let me know i can put the source here if you like

Thanks,

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 23, 2014, 08:06:32 am »
OK a little update on this whole thing first i am fixing several bugs that i was ignoring but i am listening to Warboy and correcting some of those.

here is the lastest revision

https://youtu.be/_rsJP1ytpCE

Offline R

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 23, 2014, 12:34:20 pm »
Hey Racer.

Good to know that you like the changes.  I'll try to make the changes to the source files. Some questions:

Firstly I can't seem to find the source files for the pictures.  If you could link them it would be great.  Secondly: I have the source files of the original TTS graphics.  Should/Could I work from them?  Thirdly:  What HD pictures is still needed?  I could try my hand to make them from the original graphics of Xcom.  Lastly: Must I save the graphics as .png or .psd and where must I post them?

Thanks

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 23, 2014, 05:56:04 pm »
Hey Racer.

Good to know that you like the changes.  I'll try to make the changes to the source files. Some questions:

Firstly I can't seem to find the source files for the pictures.  If you could link them it would be great. 
Hello R,

thank you, all the resources are here
https://github.com/Xracer/OXCHD/tree/master/bin/data/Resources
they are separated accordingly, since most of the game will be adjusted.
Secondly: I have the source files of the original TTS graphics.  Should/Could I work from them? 
you can use TTS files since those are the ones i am using also, however i have already modified a few of them specifically the alien alloy armor because there was a small issue how the face protection was covering the hair of some of the soldiers.

Thirdly:  What HD pictures is still needed?  I could try my hand to make them from the original graphics of Xcom. 

Basically i still need just about everything in HD all the sprites are stretched :) almost nothing is HD

Lastly: Must I save the graphics as .png or .psd and where must I post them?
People love PSD and is great for artist, I am no artist :P and i suck at photoshop however manipulating PNG in fireworks i can do, the only problem is that after i work in fireworks i need to do palette correction in photoshop. you can post it here or you can add it to github either way is ok

Offline R

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 23, 2014, 07:12:21 pm »
Hey Xracer

Some more questions. 

You talked about a 'flat png' and the 'source png'  Where is the difference? Is the image just a single layer image with a black (0,0,0) background or does it need something special that I need to do?

Is the correct way to download the images: 1) Opening up the individual image on the git. Then 2) Right click > Save image as... ?

Are all images on the git already stretched out and ready to be edited?

I might be a little nitpicky here, but I just want to make sure I don't do some unnecessary  mistakes.

Thanks

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 23, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »
Hey R,

Well first is very doubtful that you could make a mistake :)

About the images all the bigobs are stretched to fit the current GUI some of them could be a little longer but they are not bad.

About the PNG, yes the flat PNG, all layers have been flatten by PS because when i need to palette corrected PS doen't like all the layers created by FW (fireworks),

I think it might be best if you know PS to just work there so that the art work is by default 8b instead of all the mumbo-jumbo i do :)

The source PNG are the PNG will multiple layers that i can work with in FW, because truly i can't even make a gradient in PS :(. However in FW i can do a few things.

also there are a lo of floorobs and hand obs that are not done i want to put them into a single spritesheet, one column one weapons. Because i can't do them :(

Let me know. and we can add the source artwork to git so that we can easily add or edit if necessary. and we can remove all my stretched "artwork" :)

and yes you can download the files, you might be able to just download instead of save as, i have not tried that.

aslo in the BG folder the ***SRC are the original file and the HD*** are my version that i am trying to rework but of course the color palette is all screw up. 

basebits have not been streched and i do not know if they will ever be as i have not decided how the base interface will look, maybe you artists :) can give me ideas.

ok i think that should keep you busy :P

thanks

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 17, 2014, 09:49:15 am »
Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

Yes yes I know, you don't have to tell me!!! shheessshhh not even the system likes me.

Anyway since this is the longest uncompleted mod i have decided to make a final push this time like i mean it.

First i will create mock up of basically the whole game and ask for you input. If the mayority likes it, then I (read someone else) will attempt to make it work.

anyway here are the first mock ups

The colors will be adjusted to match, like i said it is just a mock up

any input is welcome.

Offline kkmic

• Commander
  • Undefined
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 17, 2014, 11:50:51 am »
I have something extra to put in this mockup (no comments about what you did so far):

How about you dump that "build new base" button? It always bugged me that is so rarely used in the game that is "almost" useless.

My idea: remove the "build new base" button and use the base slection buttons to add a new base when clicking an empty one. Even better, show grayed-out buttons for empty slots, and add a big "plus" sign to the leftmost one (and a tip on the screen if possible)

I don't have the time right now but I'll try and adjust your mock-up later to better express myself.

That will require a bit of change in the code, but I think it's an improvement.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 17, 2014, 05:40:01 pm »
Yes I can see that, taking that button will give more space, but now we have so much :) and also I think it will require a little tooltip to show "New Base" however the only problem I see with that is that it may not be intuitive.

I will resize all the window areas to be wider because there is a lot of unused real state.
I want to minimize the use of windows and continuously redraw new ones wherever possible, but I do not want to over clutter the screen, is like I want to game to seem natural, like it was meant to look this way from the beginning.
I will adjust all the colors so they look uniform. I think those big section labels will be a little smaller, just enough to separate the areas.
The soldier screen will have active areas for soldiers where you can click the name and you will be taken to the inventory/stats screen for managing the unit.

Offline arrakis69ct

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2014, 10:17:17 pm »
Interestig. I wait a nicromancer

Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 19, 2014, 06:54:09 am »
Ok here is another mockup.

In this case the active areas are present and selecting a craft will cause the middle and lower window to update.
If an transport craft is selected then second and third window will show, however if a intercept craft is selected selected then only the second window will display since the craft has no crew.

Maybe i should create a little frame for the areas? what do you think?

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 19, 2014, 06:59:36 am »
Interestig. I wait a nicromancer
Enviado desde mi LG-D802 mediante Tapatalk
Sorry i didn't get that. Puedes escribir en espaƱol si es necesario.

Saludos :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #59 on: September 19, 2014, 07:05:08 am »
Ok here is another mockup.
Maybe i should create a little frame for the areas? what do you think?

I think frames would be good and whatever background need to be more muted probably so that the text/displays stand out more.  Also feels like the base map itself should have a bigger buffer from the left side.

Cheers, Ivan :D