aliens

Author Topic: [CONVERSION] Higher resolution  (Read 77766 times)

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Higher resolution mod
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2014, 11:50:10 am »
Thanks to Warboy we got a couple more issues corrected.

Here is the latest screenshot, nothing amazing just code fixing.

The stats bar continue to elude me, one of this days somehow they will magically appear.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:52:09 am by xracer »

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2014, 03:21:30 pm »
I saw your PM in IRC; speaking about merging stuff; the alpha release thing I posted to github includes all of the latest commits by warboy and supsuper, so maybe that's what's causing the merge conflicts with your stuff? Because I thought my code was pretty self contained: only a few changes to existing code.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2014, 11:02:03 pm »
I saw your PM in IRC; speaking about merging stuff; the alpha release thing I posted to github includes all of the latest commits by warboy and supsuper, so maybe that's what's causing the merge conflicts with your stuff? Because I thought my code was pretty self contained: only a few changes to existing code.

Hmmm... i am not sure my code is only 3 days or so behind basecode, i will remerge it today and do a comparison with yours and see how that goes. If too many manual changes i will just start copying your code into mine hopefully with no side effect.

Right now I am trying to fix the Base Scape info screen to include the inventory, and create for tabs to change between Stats, Awards, Record, so that your mod will be integrated directly. however trying to do that is a little above me and i am reading a lot :) now.

Offline Shoes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2014, 12:43:39 pm »
Were you using any part of my mod before I made that "alpha release" branch? (Which btw doesn't work; the little testing I did was not enough to catch a few segfaults)

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2014, 02:24:29 am »
another little step

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2014, 04:12:29 am »
Another little work done,

In this case i actually did some actual work!!! the area where the hair and the "face protection" wasn't showing properly so i did some correction to show the way i think it should work.

Alien Alloy Armor

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2014, 02:28:58 pm »
This look very good, style is like original.

Offline michal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2014, 04:09:38 pm »
You're using TTS graphic or doing it by yourself?

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2014, 08:20:51 pm »
This look very good, style is like original.
Yes Yankes, i am trying to make it look as close to the original look as possible, clearly some areas will change but i am attempting to keep the same color scheme with minimum difference.

You're using TTS graphic or doing it by yourself?

Yes Michal, I am abusing TTS graphics of course i am adjusting a few things here and there some of the sprites are from TTS other are done by Chiko and actually a couple are now done by me by coping by coping and pasting a lot :).

But still progress is slow, i am trying to learn C++ as i go. :) and there are so many things i do not understand.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 09:23:51 pm »
another little update

https://youtu.be/pK4RR1JaLJU

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 03:41:00 am »
xracer please never give up!! You're doing great work!

Also I suggest you draw up your idea on how each section will look. Just use a pencil, draw, label everything, and upload it to us. This will help us see what you're wanting to do.

Plus, we can help you make the best aesthetic choices for button placements, etc. after seeing what you're doing.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2014, 06:42:09 am »
xracer please never give up!! You're doing great work!

Also I suggest you draw up your idea on how each section will look. Just use a pencil, draw, label everything, and upload it to us. This will help us see what you're wanting to do.

Plus, we can help you make the best aesthetic choices for button placements, etc. after seeing what you're doing.

Thanks for the support, however as someone mentioned i have bitten much more than i can chew, and any work that i have done is thanks to actual programmers, i am no programmer, right now although i have not updated anything i have been trying to see if i can create an geoscape inventory.

I do not know if i will continue or not, but i will keep looking at the code whenever i can.

Offline Paddywhacker

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2014, 03:11:20 am »
you are handing your workload as well as anybody, so don't beat on yourself.  What I was originally concerned about was not so much you getting side tracked, bogged down, and burnt out was that your final release be as much like the master branch that all of the other developers could merge their work into it with a minimum of fuss.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 08:03:35 am »
you are handing your workload as well as anybody, so don't beat on yourself.  What I was originally concerned about was not so much you getting side tracked, bogged down, and burnt out was that your final release be as much like the master branch that all of the other developers could merge their work into it with a minimum of fuss.

Hey,

well the issue is that the code in my version it is modified, not extremely but enough to break just about every mod. But i guess Warboy does that kind of stuff all the time :)

Like i said before i am still looking at the code, but at a much much much slower pace. I will keep the cope up to date with base so hopefully it will stay relevant if anyone wants to join in.

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2014, 05:02:16 am »
Hello everyone,

Well i am back into this, so i wanted to ask people input, give me ideas of how to use all the new real state.

This is my idea for the base view
https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117436529281832067974/albums/5894756605877745809/5974480514214368818?pid=5974480514214368818&oid=117436529281832067974

I would like any and all input, since i will have some free time in a few days i figure i can start gathering ideas so that maybe i can get something done.

The current version is here
https://github.com/Xracer/OXCHD

there are some few issues :) i know i know just trying to do things here and there get me excited next thing i know i am workign on something else.

so any ideas for all screen research, manufacturing, let me know draw it, sketch it, do it with crayon or even paint just give me some ideas :P

Thanks.