Author Topic: MAPVIEW upgrade  (Read 259514 times)

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
Re: MAPVIEW upgrade
« Reply #510 on: October 26, 2021, 09:29:06 pm »
Can I make a few requests for PckView?

1) Add empty frame. Current version AFAIK can only add frame from file, but id like to draw in directly in your software.

2) Make SpriteEditor window bigger, with greater scaling. On my monitor its too small, that makes it hard to work with.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 27, 2021, 02:10:52 am »
2) Make SpriteEditor window bigger, with greater scaling. On my monitor its too small, that makes it hard to work with.

done. not uploaded yet ... ( 1x .. 2x in increments of 10% )

will have a look at create blank sprite soon ...

there'll be a few minor upgrades to Mapview2 also ...

/cheers

[edit]
put in a small user-config file for PckView (autosaves on quit)

Code: [Select]
PckConfig:
  transparent: True
  spriteshade: True
  palette: 0
  grid: 0
  scale: 0

[edit2]
1) Add empty frame. Current version AFAIK can only add frame from file, but id like to draw in directly in your software.

done. RMB contextmenu will have create and clear ops

lookin pretty good, just wanna sleep on it ...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2021, 02:43:10 am by kevL »

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 29, 2021, 11:49:31 pm »
« Last Edit: October 30, 2021, 12:18:13 am by kevL »

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 30, 2021, 02:38:09 pm »
Works fine, at +10 it looks ok to me to work with, thank you!

Another possible improvement - not disable SpriteEditor window when Palette is opened. It is essential to have them both under hand in order to draw sprites.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 30, 2021, 03:19:39 pm »
Another possible improvement - not disable SpriteEditor window when Palette is opened. It is essential to have them both under hand in order to draw sprites.

disable? i don't get what ya mean. There's the SpriteEditor (window) and the Palette (window) side by side ... the editor has two modes: Locked or Enabled (click text to toggle mode)

Do you mean you'd like the SpriteEditor to start in Enabled mode by default ? i can save the mode to the config file ... (kinda forgot to do that tbh)

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 31, 2021, 04:44:08 pm »
Yes, it would be nice too.

I mean that once I opened Palette window, I can't edit sprite in SpriteEditor before I close Palette window. That leads to frustration, when i need to open and close it over and over again in order to draw a sprite.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 31, 2021, 04:47:58 pm »
I mean that once I opened Palette window, I can't edit sprite in SpriteEditor before I close Palette window.

hmmmmmmmm sounds like the win10 anomaly ... will need time to investigate ... (read: that should not happen)

[edit]
i think I have something, will upload later,
« Last Edit: November 02, 2021, 10:15:48 pm by kevL »

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: November 04, 2021, 01:58:11 am »
@Finnik - try this one

There should be a new item under Options in PckView's menu: _Bring editor/palette to front_

It is turned off by default. Turning it on allows the SpriteEditor and Palette windows to pop to the front of other app-windows that might be covering those windows, such that focusing the PckView window shall bring both the SpriteEditor and Palette to front, and focusing the SpriteEditor shall bring the Palette to front. But this is a finicky (no pun intended) business in .net ... it behaves differently in win7 and win10, eg.

I haven't found a way, in win10, that allows focus to return properly to the window that initiates the routine. So the _Bring editor/palette to front_ option just turns the routine on/off (ie. bypasses it when OFF).

if you turn the option on and focus does not return properly to the parent window, you'll have to close the child window(s) and turn the option off again.

note that whether the option is on or off, all windows of PckView can be brought to front by minimizing and then restoring PckView per the taskbar ...

Also, the option is saved to PckConfig.yml in the /settings folder

https://github.com/kevL/OpenXCOM.Tools/releases/tag/211103

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: November 07, 2021, 03:47:19 pm »
@Finnik - try this one

There should be a new item under Options in PckView's menu: _Bring editor/palette to front_

It is turned off by default. Turning it on allows the SpriteEditor and Palette windows to pop to the front of other app-windows that might be covering those windows, such that focusing the PckView window shall bring both the SpriteEditor and Palette to front, and focusing the SpriteEditor shall bring the Palette to front. But this is a finicky (no pun intended) business in .net ... it behaves differently in win7 and win10, eg.

I haven't found a way, in win10, that allows focus to return properly to the window that initiates the routine. So the _Bring editor/palette to front_ option just turns the routine on/off (ie. bypasses it when OFF).

if you turn the option on and focus does not return properly to the parent window, you'll have to close the child window(s) and turn the option off again.

note that whether the option is on or off, all windows of PckView can be brought to front by minimizing and then restoring PckView per the taskbar ...

Also, the option is saved to PckConfig.yml in the /settings folder

https://github.com/kevL/OpenXCOM.Tools/releases/tag/211103

Works great with default setting you made! Thank you so much!

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: November 07, 2021, 05:33:55 pm »
Works great with default setting you made! Thank you so much!

oky doke

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: January 07, 2022, 07:37:59 pm »
Sorry if i bothering, but i have one user-question.
Operating this version, i want to place an object to the map. First i chose item to place. Then i move mouse to the desired plot and need to press mouse button THREE TIMES to place item. First to activate window, second to choose map square, and third to place an object. It is really annoying. Is it possible to reduce this quantity?
Thanks.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: January 08, 2022, 02:19:23 am »
hi Nord,

for me it's 2 clicks : with the part to place already selected in TileView, RMB in TopView (or LMB) activates the TopView window* then RMB on a tile should both select that tile and place the part in the currently seleted quadrant/slot (west, north, etc.)

* i don't like that behavior either :\ Some apps (like MapView2) discard the mouse-click when a window is inactive, others don't iirc. It may be a function of the .net framework but i really don't know. Stackoverflow.com has suggested workarounds ... (but i can't say with conviction if/when i might try to implement them)

?

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: January 11, 2022, 10:38:37 am »
Sad.
Anyway, mapview 2 is indispensable tool, than you.

Offline kevL

• Colonel
  • pitchforks and torches
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: January 11, 2022, 10:45:48 am »
Anyway, mapview 2 is indispensable tool, than you.

yes i know Mv2 is more indispensable than me ;p

regardless, ill look into bypassing .net's first-click activation ... i got an idea it might not be as difficult as id thought ...

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: January 11, 2022, 07:08:01 pm »
wait... this topic is not about mapview 2? I am confused...