Author Topic: Building bases => Be able to queue facilities to be build  (Read 4479 times)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
Building bases => Be able to queue facilities to be build
« on: March 30, 2013, 04:02:37 am »
I am speaking about an improvement I noticed in UFO Extender : the possibility to build new facilities, without having to wait for previous one to be built.

I mean, in original game, it is not possible to build a facility if not connected to an existing one. In Ufo Extender, it is possible to put first a facility on a connected square (also with immediate effect of "building in progress"), and put a second facility next to it, which will be pending until first is built.

It is clearly not a really major improvment, but I find it user friendly, and useful in terms of budget management (In a custom version where money is scarce, this would be a way to reserv money for building purposes).

Offline LCSand

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Building bases => Be able to queue facilities to be build
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2013, 10:03:49 am »
I think that is already implemented, maybe you have to enable it in options.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2013, 12:02:53 pm »
yep, "allowBuildingQueue: false/true"

I'm not sure how it works in terms of "money reservation", though... haven't felt the need to try it, yet.  ;)

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2013, 12:39:36 pm »
Nice !

PS: I tried it in 0.4.5 without any success, so just wait for next build, or, in case OpenXcom project has an activated option allowBuildingQueue too, the next one ::)

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2013, 01:51:45 pm »
you should really go and give the git builds a try: https://openxcom.org/index.php/downloads/git-builds/

Offline Aldorn

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2013, 02:17:14 pm »
That was a question I did not dare to ask you : how to get a recent build to take benefit of last improvements, and by the way, provide you some help by testing these builds
Thanks a lot, man, I will try it ;D