aliens

Author Topic: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.17.1  (Read 57891 times)

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.8
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2022, 02:02:28 am »
Ok, will check.
Also, i can not upload new version now, so:
If someone capturing legionaires, you need to add string
liveAlien: ""
to the STR_LEGION_SHOOTER
in the file
units.rul

Offline coorta88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 01, 2022, 10:41:02 pm »
I like this mod so far but what I miss are some extra ufopedia explanations at the start of game regarding what is going on, why is X-com even formed (as while goblins, orcs, serpenters might be dangerous for local police, they don´t seem too threatening to any competently led modern army unit). I would also like if there were more bafflement of scientists researching magical topics and them trying for a time to explaing everything as some weird advanced technology and then giving up and accepting that magic exists.

What I would also like to see is something similar to what you had already made in The World of (Terrifying) Silence - improvised X-com weapons using alient tech - what I mean is something similar to zrbite torpedo or ammunition for heavy weapons, in this case it would be I don´t know, maybe heavy sniper ammo and ammo for heavy cannon using parts of magic crystals (or any other rare substance which would force you to use such ammom sparingly and only on heaviest of enemies) to cause devastating effect on shielded targets.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2022, 10:56:34 pm by coorta88 »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2022, 01:34:58 pm »
...What I would also like to see is something similar to what you had already made in The World of (Terrifying) Silence - improvised X-com weapons using alient tech...
There is something like this in midgame.

Version 0.99.9 is up.
Changelog:
- added ability to damage armor for many creatures;
- added missing ufopedia articles;
- fixed HWP reload (no more reload for tanks during mission);
- fixed many shock weapons to ignore stun immunity;
- fixed pilot bonuses;
- fixed sentinel transformation;
- fixed plane glyphs manufacturing;
- fixed high blessings requirements;
- nerfed Lumen resistances;
- fixed spawned units, now they have no TU right after spawn;
- multiple minor fixes of research tree and ufopedia;
- minor balancing;
- added new race - dwarves (not finished yet, but allready can be encountered);
- added new items - magic gloves;

Offline coorta88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: X-Chronicles Release, v.0.99.9
« Reply #108 on: December 06, 2022, 05:24:01 pm »
Great work so far. Do you plan do add missing descriptions for knights and knight captains in next version? And regarding humanoid invaders (including elves and dwarves) - are there plans for player to be able to recruit them later in game? Another thing I would like to see in mod is extra hint article regarding stats of operators - player should know right from start that stats limits mentioned in article about x com operatives are final and only way to increase them is via various transformations and maybe you could add some extra transformation between Basic operators and psions - maybe state you are cooperating with should allow you to inject your agents with some kind of supersoldier serum (which should raise stat limit for your soldier by 5)

Offline coorta88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 07, 2022, 03:17:23 pm »
Another thing I noted today that after constructing farsight chamber and detecting UFO text says : Hyperwave transmissions are decoded. Maybe replace it with something else, I don´t know, our farseer has detected an object or something like that...

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 08, 2022, 08:16:22 pm »
Great work so far. Do you plan do add missing descriptions for knights and knight captains in next version? ...
Now, when i know about it, sure.
... are there plans for player to be able to recruit them later in game?
Not recruit, but peaceful interactions are planned.
...Hyperwave transmissions are decoded. ...

Thanks, will fix.

Offline coorta88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: December 09, 2022, 08:27:43 pm »
@Nord : About those hybrid weapons present in mid game - do you mean pulse weapons ? As I managed to get them by the time I already had effective melee weapons and enough capable mages and they were not very usefull. Also why do I need to capture hybrid weapons from enemy agents before being able to develop my own pulse weapons ? Why cant my scientists develop their own pulse wepons (of course after knowing enough about mana and having scriptor probably) without need to capture hybrid weapons ?

And if I may ask, is there a reason why Avenger (The Ultimate Craft) is the slowest of all hybrid ships ?
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 08:30:37 pm by coorta88 »

Offline coorta88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2022, 08:45:09 pm »
Another thing are there plans for extra X-com drones after getting basic set (with machinegun, rocket launcher) ? Even if magic wood can not be used to make a better armored drone, maybe you could equip drone with at least some mana enhanced missles or pulse machine gun.....

Edit: Alson noticed that some creature currently known to me as STR_DARK_LADY is missing description in research screen.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2022, 09:11:05 pm by coorta88 »

Offline coorta88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2022, 10:37:53 am »
Noticed strange thing while playing - i encountered white werewolf in combat but in after action report despite paralyzing one, game still reports to me that I acquired only white werewolf corpse. And while I clicked on one during combat by middle mouse button, despite being alive game reported me that I´m looking on white werewolf corpse.

Edit: Noticed that vulture ship has 4 available weapon slots (with being unable to mount anything on fourth slot) on equip craft screen despite description speaking only about 3.

Noticed during air combat that vulture ship is missing model and instead there is only shield glyph displayed.

Edit2: And if I may ask - what is higher education that is required for many highly advanced research topics ? (is it Psi Institute, if yes that why rather not call prequisite to many advanced technologies Psi Institute rather than higher education)

Is it intentional that revenants can not wear armor of any kind ?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:25:07 pm by coorta88 »

Offline coorta88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2022, 08:54:47 pm »
In tech tree viewer I noticed topic lacking proper name - STR_INVADER_REPORT_PALADIN.

Also noticed in tech tree viewer that large rockets and incendiary rockets tech is present in game, but I´m unable to research them - do you plan to add them later or are they something to be deleted ?

Offline coorta88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2022, 10:45:29 am »
It seems that I can not unlock research topic Invader ruler interrogated despite having interrogated Archmage as well as Thunder prelate (could it be connected to item required : Invader ruler interrogated ?). Edit: Temporary (not sure if it will not cause another problems) fix seems to be just removing line needItem: true from STR_INVADER_LEADER_INTERROGATION in research.rul.

Edit:

In en-US.yml I noticed small typo:

STR_WHERE_THEY_FROM_UFOPEDIA- expected0 extra 0
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:06:28 pm by coorta88 »

Offline coorta88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: December 18, 2022, 02:54:07 pm »
I find it bit strange that all advanced ships, such as Avenger, Owl, Vulture does not require anything to built aside from mana crystals. Not even runewood or flightglyphs (and in case of Vulture not even trapped dark spirit) are required.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 18, 2022, 07:29:37 pm »
I find it bit strange that all advanced ships, such as Avenger, Owl, Vulture does not require anything to built aside from mana crystals. Not even runewood or flightglyphs (and in case of Vulture not even trapped dark spirit) are required.
I've added mana capacitor to the requirements in next update. Good idea about dark spirit.
It seems that I can not unlock research topic Invader ruler interrogated despite having interrogated Archmage as well as Thunder prelate (could it be connected to item required : Invader ruler interrogated ?). Edit: Temporary (not sure if it will not cause another problems) fix seems to be just removing line needItem: true from STR_INVADER_LEADER_INTERROGATION in research.rul.

Edit:

In en-US.yml I noticed small typo:

STR_WHERE_THEY_FROM_UFOPEDIA- expected0 extra 0
Thanks.

Offline Metalmario64

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2022, 04:33:01 am »
Hello there, pretty good mod, I really enjoyed it so far, in particular in the early-ish game when you're using explosives and grenade launchers to defeat goblins and pirates.
Just have a few questions. First, how long does it take a nest to get to level 3? I've been waiting to get a tentacular so I can finally progress with the main story. Also are there any issues with the temple of light ships? I haven't seen any so far, so I had to use Necromancy instead.
And last, any plans to include golemancy? Could be fun to use them as replacements for drones later on.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 07:03:42 pm by Metalmario64 »

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: December 22, 2022, 09:29:16 am »
Hello there, pretty good mod I really enjoyed it so far, in particular in the early-ish game when you're using explosives and grenade launchers to defeat goblins and pirates.
Just have a few questions. First, how long does it take a nest to get to level 3? I've been waiting to get a tentacular so I can finally progress with the main story. Also are there any issues with the temple of light ships? I haven't seen any so far, so I had to use Necromancy instead.
And last, any plans to include golemancy? Could be fun to use them as replacements for drones later on.
Thanks.
Time of nest growing is randomised to 2-3 monts for each stage.
Yes, looks like temple of light have some issues, but i ca not understand it now.
Yes, golems are planned.