Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1132299 times)

Offline R1dO

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3810 on: July 22, 2023, 12:37:03 pm »
... Maybe caused by German translations?

It seems you are right.

Perhaps there was some error involved in the publishing process, assuming "https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/the-x-com-files" holds the latest versions.
In the download "openxcom_xfiles_3.0.3-4nte.zip" there is still one language reference to 2.0 (all other languages from that download refer to 3.0).
Code: [Select]
openxcom_xfiles_3.0.3-4nte/XComFiles/Language/de.yml:  STR_OPENXCOM: "The X-Com Files: v. 2.0"

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3811 on: July 22, 2023, 01:12:46 pm »
something is wrong with muton sprites, they miss the top as it turns around...

I suspect some kind of submod. Are you using any?

By the way, attack on the base in the middle of '98? shit!

That's strange, but depends on difficulty and options, like aggressive retaliation.

This is something new! A fake door in X dimension! I hope no one is inside that now inaccessible area.

Heh. Thanks, fixed.

In Black Lotus Party mission, the exit tiles are on the roof, but you start downstairs.

The mission description does warn of a lot of close quarters combat and the mission being indoors, but says nothing about the chance of aborting the mission; the briefing has a regular text on aborting the mission.

I'm not sure if there is any meaningful explanation for this (and I suspect the reason is that defining the exit tiles this way was just easier). The agents land with an osprey in the garden, walk in through the front door, get ambushed, the doors are now locked, and they have to be evacuated though the top floor?

I think it would be fair to warn in the mission description and briefing text that it'll be difficult or practically impossible to abort the mission. Or give some other in-game explanation on how your guys ended up on the ground floor while the escape is through the roof. Or change the exit tiles or start location.

"Practically impossible to abort" feels really exaggerated if you know what you're doing, but I agree, the player is underinformed and some additional info would be nice. I'll add it.

Perhaps there was some error involved in the publishing process, assuming "https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/the-x-com-files" holds the latest versions.
In the download "openxcom_xfiles_3.0.3-4nte.zip" there is still one language reference to 2.0 (all other languages from that download refer to 3.0).
Code: [Select]
openxcom_xfiles_3.0.3-4nte/XComFiles/Language/de.yml:  STR_OPENXCOM: "The X-Com Files: v. 2.0"

But the German translation also says 3.1 on my end... Sorry, no idea what is going on ;)

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: July 22, 2023, 01:44:07 pm »
...assuming "https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/the-x-com-files" holds the latest versions.
But the German translation also says 3.1 on my end... Sorry, no idea what is going on
Perhaps a difference between mod.io and Github/your personal stuff?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: July 22, 2023, 01:56:33 pm »
Perhaps a difference between mod.io and Github/your personal stuff?

Not that, I don't keep two separate copies. I probably made a mistake when updating the German version, since this release was somewhat special (I upgraded 3.0.2 instead of just packing my current build, because I already had lots of changes which I didn't want to include in 3.0.3).

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: July 23, 2023, 01:09:58 am »
something is wrong with muton sprites, they miss the top as it turns around... By the way, attack on the base in the middle of '98? shit!
This is bug from Arsenal Adition submod

Offline tris85

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: July 29, 2023, 10:19:53 am »
Not that, I don't keep two separate copies. I probably made a mistake when updating the German version, since this release was somewhat special (I upgraded 3.0.2 instead of just packing my current build, because I already had lots of changes which I didn't want to include in 3.0.3).

Any news on the translations? Should I just pick the latest file from Github?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: July 29, 2023, 10:22:52 am »
Any news on the translations? Should I just pick the latest file from Github?

Of course, there are are no super secret VIP club only translations. :)

The German translation currently has 7940 strings translated, 1018 waiting on a brave volunteer to tackle them.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2023, 10:24:41 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline SamWiseTheMoose

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: July 31, 2023, 05:48:41 pm »
I am occasionally getting this error message in missions. it is happening when I unveil a specific part of the map, or after I end turn a cultist takes his action down there. I have a save-file from just before the crash but I'm not sure where to find the file for it.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: July 31, 2023, 05:59:21 pm »
This error indicates missing LOFTemps.

Offline SamWiseTheMoose

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: July 31, 2023, 06:06:34 pm »
This error indicates missing LOFTemps.

Is that an issue on my end, have I messed up the mod install somehow? Or is it a mod problem?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: July 31, 2023, 06:21:14 pm »
Is that an issue on my end, have I messed up the mod install somehow? Or is it a mod problem?

Not sure, it can be both.

Maybe Solarius can say if he's using only the vanilla 112 loftemps (that's where number 1792 comes from = 112 * 16)... or more.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: July 31, 2023, 09:35:12 pm »
Normally I don't report about texts in ufopedia articles (there are always tons of arguable (at best) entries), but this time I just cannot ignore that:
Warp Rifle: This exotic weapon emits a beam which causes disruption of atomic forces, leading to a violent destruction of the target. Worn armor is of little consequence, as it is easily torn apart by the warp beam.
Warp Rifle Clip: Armor Degradation (Penetrating): 0
That is no damage to armor at all.

Offline tris85

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3822 on: August 01, 2023, 12:08:25 pm »
Of course, there are are no super secret VIP club only translations. :)

The German translation currently has 7940 strings translated, 1018 waiting on a brave volunteer to tackle them.

Sounds like a job for me, guess I could translate some more  :)
Is it possible that the latest release (3.0.3) on mod.io has other outdated files?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: August 04, 2023, 05:02:14 pm »
Not sure, it can be both.

Maybe Solarius can say if he's using only the vanilla 112 loftemps (that's where number 1792 comes from = 112 * 16)... or more.

My loftemps go up to 153, but an appropriate version of LOFTEMPS.DAT is included in the mod. So... I don't know. I don't think it's an XCF issue, more likely bad installation.

Normally I don't report about texts in ufopedia articles (there are always tons of arguable (at best) entries), but this time I just cannot ignore that:
Warp Rifle: This exotic weapon emits a beam which causes disruption of atomic forces, leading to a violent destruction of the target. Worn armor is of little consequence, as it is easily torn apart by the warp beam.
Warp Rifle Clip: Armor Degradation (Penetrating): 0
That is no damage to armor at all.

Fair, I'll change it.

Sounds like a job for me, guess I could translate some more  :)

That would be much appreciated. :)

Is it possible that the latest release (3.0.3) on mod.io has other outdated files?

Hopefully not! :P

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: August 04, 2023, 09:20:04 pm »
There is a bug in 3.0-snap probably introduced Jul 26, 2023 by CAVESDIO_07 commit. You have also added CAVESLAB_07 terrain, but no corresponding map block was added for this (for other terrains there were). If RNG chooses CAVESLAB_07 terrain for example for Syndicate Monster Lab mission, OXCE crashes:

[04-08-2023_21-11-15]   [FATAL] FileRecord::at(MAPS/CAVESLAB_07.MAP): requested file not found.
[04-08-2023_21-11-15]   [FATAL] A fatal error has occurred: FileRecord::at(MAPS/CAVESLAB_07.MAP): requested file not found.