aliens

Author Topic: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!  (Read 304658 times)

Offline EryliaStarheart

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Stuff I'd love to see in XPiratez!
« Reply #705 on: January 17, 2021, 02:16:05 am »
Well, all assets for this armor suit ready for implementation as you see fit. Another option for the name would be something cheesy related to its skeletal appearance, i.e. "Bonestorm".

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: January 23, 2021, 10:20:25 pm »
I need the Non-Piloted Tanks and Armored Cars back.
Very Much So.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: February 01, 2021, 05:20:39 pm »
I second that ^^

Got one of my own: let manufactured food (Deep One Pie, Lobsterman Soup, etc) have noteworthy healing properties. Feeling like Tom Hanks in Castaway overhere, surviving on 100% Fish diet. Maybe additionally require them to be dipped in Hellerium for mutant properties to marginally complicate the process if deemed too simple. Freshness drain (bit of a problem with endgame armors) can only be offset with El Cigar afaik so it would synergize well with food heal. On its own Cigar's -6HP is worse than -25 freshness because both take around 2-3 days to recover but injured soldiers cannot pilot vessels. Resulting in Cigar being pointless, or at least figuring out its usage difficult. Not to mention all this Freshness juggle takes armor inventory space which to me is reason enough to ease the penalties and/or increase positive effects.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: February 01, 2021, 07:53:42 pm »
Apples and X-buddha cigs also grant freshness. And in my experience the use case for freshness consumables is keeping a few on hand for really long missions, like space freighter or cydonia. Encounters that you expect to be major goal posts anyway, so the time off is expected in some way.

Offline Greep

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: February 02, 2021, 05:09:32 am »
Well freshness items are also handy on any battlefield just in case you accidentally stasis grenade yourself and end up a gibbering berserking idiot.

That said cigars do have one handy use outside the battlefield: they're more profitable than x-grog and don't require a still, so they're the best new base trade good.  Although they use so much weed you need to make them on site and a whole weed base can only support 1 extractor and a vault.  Better than just selling the weed before you can make wisdom canteens, though.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 05:14:16 am by Greep »

Offline username

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: February 04, 2021, 02:21:42 pm »
Freshness drain (bit of a problem with endgame armors) can only be offset with El Cigar afaik so it would synergize well with food heal. On its own Cigar's -6HP is worse than -25 freshness because both take around 2-3 days to recover but injured soldiers cannot pilot vessels. Resulting in Cigar being pointless, or at least figuring out its usage difficult. Not to mention all this Freshness juggle takes armor inventory space which to me is reason enough to ease the penalties and/or increase positive effects.
Death Sticks for freshness synergizes with Vampiric Swords, you don't care about minor health loss when you're just gonna steal it back from someone else and end the mission with full HP. But you didn't choose Red, so maybe you want to go home and rethink your life.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: March 06, 2021, 07:49:36 pm »
Got this idea about having a in-game spoiler-free list of potential mission sources for various in-game items. Similarly to how we recently got sources for getting, for example, Luxury Fur or Mystery Box via "Produced by" and "Spawned by" categories. I saw lots of questions arisen from people asking where to find rare items. Maintaining personal lists or digging through rule files is kinda bothersome and immersion disrupting. Things could also change in the future, obsoleting any man made lists.

I was thinking of adding something like "Found in" category, initially filled with "???" lines until item in question is actually found. After which ??? would change into actual mission/map name. I'd actually apply the method to existing Produced/Spawned stuff until item is procured by such activity. Allowing the player to receive a sense of permanent reward for his inquisitive nature.

Sounds like a shit ton of tedious work but I like to believe it's worth it. Maybe just limit the list to non-purchasable & non-manufacturable rare stuff. Probably a good idea to wait until mod is close to being finalized before messing with such stuff, if it'll require constant maintenance attention. Anyway just my QoL suggestion, something to consider down the line.

Offline Nilex

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: March 12, 2021, 05:52:55 pm »
Some expensive mid/late-game Drug Dispensor that restores Freshness (without or with minimal penalty, not health!), exclusive to Gray Codex. 30 Freshness a turn should do the trick (neutralizing Phantom Whip). Progress could be split with several Dispensor tech types (eg. 5/10/30) if 30 is too sudden.
Magical Cake could become universal late-game Freshness resolver for all Codex (if outfit allows a free hand) with something like 100 Freshness restored along with current benefits (didn't it have FRS buff before L7?). We got Axe murderers cleaning house on turn 1, as Gray user I'd like to become at least half as efficient.
Universal Refresher? Sorry but This Ain't It, Chief :) (not for Gray anyway)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2021, 05:54:39 pm by Nilex »

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: March 13, 2021, 01:15:00 am »
ha!

....(what about) Spice - Mélangé ? haha!

yap, that Spice

(..it would restores freshness, and also few other (spectacularä) effect too, just like in movie(s),/books - little or more clayrvoyance ( = reactions, and PSI,/magicäs) , longevitate, health, etc..

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: March 13, 2021, 02:43:09 pm »
ha!

....(what about) Spice - Mélangé ? haha!

yap, that Spice

(..it would restores freshness, and also few other (spectacularä) effect too, just like in movie(s),/books - little or more clayrvoyance ( = reactions, and PSI,/magicäs) , longevitate, health, etc..

Hmm, could be exotic drop from Nomads, that already seem to be inspired by dune's Fremen. Nomads spawn very rarely so them dropping something that powerful would not unbalance the game, but would be nice homage to Frank Herbert's work. 

Unrelated to that i want Nubirans, a.k.a. floaters in the game. IDK why we already dont have them as vanilla game has models for them. Perhaps Dioxin simply did not have time to bring them in to game as more then bootypedia Easter egg

Offline RSSwizard

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: March 13, 2021, 08:51:25 pm »
Thats right
Canny/Necropirate Pogroms
"Its whats for dinner" ™

Offline gijoe

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: March 16, 2021, 12:31:23 pm »
Thats right
Canny/Necropirate Pogroms
"Its whats for dinner" ™

...artwork for bootypedia topic after havin researched "canny gal"?

Anyone likes the following cool track? It's a reintrepretation from the brand new doom's episode "sigil" relased in 2019, i'd like to have a midi verison in the game, suits as hell (emh..) in a battlescape session  ;D

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: March 21, 2021, 03:01:21 am »
Hmm, could be exotic drop from Nomads, that already seem to be inspired by dune's Fremen. Nomads spawn very rarely so them dropping something that powerful would not unbalance the game, but would be nice homage to Frank Herbert's work. 

Unrelated to that i want Nubirans, a.k.a. floaters in the game. IDK why we already dont have them as vanilla game has models for them.

+ Crispel Dagger

(or Krisspell Knife )

https://dune.fandom.com/wiki/Blades

Offline ZoA

• Captain
  • Please don't go. The drones need you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: March 21, 2021, 11:41:48 am »
JELLYFISH needs rework. That ship is a deathtrap as those exit holes at the edges of the ship provide line of sight for enemies on the ground all way to the core of the ship. Just moving two gals that spawn in lover deck in the center of the ship can trigger reaction fire on the first turn. And leaving them there easily can mean their death from enemies they can't even see.

I think simple fix is adding doors at the  place where spokes corridors connect with outer rim of the ship. Even simple placing singe one tile wall at the corewise edge of the exit holes would block LoS from exist holes to center of the ship .   

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #719 on: March 21, 2021, 01:16:55 pm »
JELLYFISH needs rework.

You mean Jellyfish, the allegedly most OP craft used for "the ultimate defence strategy"? :D

(Well, according to some people. Never used it in my life.)