Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1034955 times)

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #330 on: May 31, 2017, 01:44:39 am »
What about some of the more drugged up enemies as well?  Alternately, have it roll to see what sort of response they choose, psycho charge or coward.  :)

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #331 on: May 31, 2017, 02:29:39 am »
What about some of the more drugged up enemies as well?  Alternately, have it roll to see what sort of response they choose, psycho charge or coward.  :)

How does one define "drugged up" ?

Offline wolfreal

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 31, 2017, 03:42:11 am »
I looked into it, and it seems rather simple to add a leeroy jenkins mode to the AI, so that they rush to whatever non-friendly unit visible, overriding any retreat mechanics. The mode can be set for Chryssalids and Doom guys. What do you think?

It looks like a very interesting Idea. It will make those chryssalids harder BTW, but it is very interesting

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 31, 2017, 04:55:45 am »
Berserk mode for pinky/invis deamon, reapers, chryslids, and zombies would be a good thing. None of them are a credible threat unless the player is A: a first time player, or B: or player error(ie you isolated yourself).     

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 31, 2017, 03:08:09 pm »
I don't know if my heart could take more of these:
https://clips.twitch.tv/UnsightlyRichHornetStoneLightning

Offline Stoddard

• Colonel
  • in a fey mood
    • View Profile
    • Linux builds & stuff
« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2017, 05:48:32 pm »
Anyone wants to playtest the leeroying chryssalids, here are the builds:
win32
debian jessie
ubuntu xenial

To enable the mode, go to units section in user/mods/Piratez/Ruleset/Piratez_Factions.rul and add isLeeroyJenkins: true  to units of your fancy.

Here's a file from 0.99G1 with the flag added to blood dogs, doom pinkies and spectres, werewolves, plain zombies, plain reapers and chryssalids.
Don't know about shamblers, celatids, chryssalid-produced zombies and the rest, but otoh it's one edit away.
Leeroyed_Piratez_Factions.rul

It may crash on you and/or eat all your saves, so be vigilant, I haven't had enough time to really test it today.

Offline khade

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 01, 2017, 04:20:48 am »
Some of the raiders are specifically on something, like the Buzzards.  That could lead to them being erratic in their decision making.  Though right now, we should probably make sure the leroy code works before looking into expanding it.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2017, 09:34:46 am »
Another day, another question. Was I just unlucky?
Met a spartan rifleman today, shot at him few times with Scoped Carbine using the electro-pulse munitions (32 laser damage, pedia article says 4x stun damage).
First two shots did nothing and the third outright killed that poor sod. Are those magazines (for shiny niner too) useless in capturing low armor lvl enemies? Or rather are they generally useless for capturing?
« Last Edit: June 01, 2017, 09:49:41 am by Noir_CZ »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2017, 10:50:03 am »
> Shoot a man 3 times
> whyishedead.jpg

Whty would a guy be merely unconscious after that? Or did I misunderstand?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2017, 11:24:51 am »
2 shots doing no damage in this case is somewhat unlikely. Riflemen have 20% laser resist and some armor so if you roll less then ~30% on the damage roll he will take nothing.

Conversely with only 40 hp a one shot is anything above ~155% on the damage roll.

Keep in mind that anything with a stun multiplier is only amplifying normal stun which is usually=.1 of penetrating damage. So 32 penetrating damage with x4 mod equates to ~12 stun. In the case of the rifleman with resist and armor: 32x.8(for resist)=25.6-8(front armor)+17.6x.4=~7 stun.

Offline Martin

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2017, 01:13:26 pm »
Met a spartan rifleman today

First two shots did nothing and the third outright killed that poor sod.

I’ve seen those survive autolaser bursts even with all shots conecting...

Or an altar boy surviving hit from UAC plasmagun and then proceeding to put my sniper out of action for two weeks with his SMG from halfway across the map.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2017, 06:04:03 pm »
> Shoot a man 3 times
> whyishedead.jpg

Whty would a guy be merely unconscious after that? Or did I misunderstand?
You got it right... problem was me understanding the rules as legionof1 explained

2 shots doing no damage in this case is somewhat unlikely. Riflemen have 20% laser resist and some armor so if you roll less then ~30% on the damage roll he will take nothing.

Conversely with only 40 hp a one shot is anything above ~155% on the damage roll.

Keep in mind that anything with a stun multiplier is only amplifying normal stun which is usually=.1 of penetrating damage. So 32 penetrating damage with x4 mod equates to ~12 stun. In the case of the rifleman with resist and armor: 32x.8(for resist)=25.6-8(front armor)+17.6x.4=~7 stun.

Aaaha it is quad stun damage of the "normal bullet" damage, not quad stun damage of the total damage. My bad. So not suitable for capturing, thanks for clearing that for me.

Offline arbee81

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2017, 05:06:46 am »
I've had luck using that electropulse ammo to soften up targets for someone with a dedicated stun weapon to finish off, but after reading legionof1's analysis I think any weapon with similar damage would have worked just as well for the purpose. That niner shotgun round is surprisingly effective. The first time I used it it took down a ghoul scientist in one shot. Granted, he got back up in a few turns, but what else is new with them? It was my sidearm of choice for nurses and seductresses for a long time after that.

Offline Noir_CZ

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2017, 11:10:34 am »
Another mah problem/ruleset clarification for me please?

Gal with 70 voodoo power and 42 voodoo sklil with rod of hellfire.
The rod description says burning damage of 0 + bonus of 0,04 of voodoo mastery
That would mean some 70*42*0,04=117,6 dmg.
Pedia article #80 says fire damage ignores armor, not sure if it is case of voodoo fire too? Assume it is.

Two attempts were made onto academy medic which looks like security carapace armor = 75% resistence to fire.
That would make a direct hit go to 0-88,2 dmg? Unless there is the spread like 0-150% or something applied too. Yet the Alt button on aiming says the damage is 5-10.
Now with pedia #80 in mind the armor of 32 is ignored? So... 0 - 88,2 dmg? On 3 different savescummy attempts for testing purposes (made empty shots with other gals to switch the RNG around) the damages I made were 8, 9 and 6 damage to health.

So again, unlucky or am I missing something in my calculations/expectations? Again, just asking to get grip on the game mechanics better.

Offline juff

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2017, 11:48:48 am »
rod of hellfire, like almost all fire based weapons, does only 5-10 damage. The power just increases the radius (1 per 20 power).