Author Topic: A thread for little questions  (Read 1052336 times)

Offline CPLT-K2

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: A thread for little questions
« Reply #2055 on: December 22, 2019, 01:32:24 pm »
Last time I got that far, it was to pray to RNG god the ship (bomber being one, dunno others) kept its engines intact so the parts didn't go poof.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2056 on: December 22, 2019, 04:10:46 pm »
pic related, this is imo plain wrong. dynamite and grenade fishing is a thing.

This is a description of a deep one while on dry land. I've never heard about dynamite fishing being done on dry land. Have you?

Offline Ethereal_Medic

• Commander
  • Pet Lokk'Nar 9,99 $/hour
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: December 22, 2019, 05:50:30 pm »
How does one get an implosion launcher?

Gun down battleships and other large ships to salvage "parts" of an implosion bomb launcher.
The one late game fighter (that looks like a donut) usually drops some parts unless the weapon is destroyed in the crash.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: December 26, 2019, 09:47:11 pm »
Thanks. I will keep an eye out.

Offline peirceg

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: December 28, 2019, 07:35:17 am »
How do i get voodoo initiation? i tried looking it up on the tech tree but no joy there!

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: December 29, 2019, 09:58:16 pm »
I am confused about the training feature. I can train peasants, but not slave soldiers. I can MMA train some gals, but some gals are not eligible. Why? What are the requirements for the training. I have one gal that I can train, but the training reduces most of her stats. I think it is one of the freaks. Is it because some of her stats are above the maximum? is there an advantage to training instead of just assiging everyone to dojo? The bootypedia is very vague on this.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: December 30, 2019, 08:40:23 am »
Okay the training transformations work by taking a unit of type X and changing it to type Y. You can also attach modifiers to earned stats(add, subtract, ect).
If a unit exceeds the maximum stat caps of the class it becomes stats are reduced to the caps.

Not every unit qualifies for every training, some are only for a single type, some are wider application.

Training is separate from time spent in the dojo. Dojo training is usually limited to between 66-80% of max stat caps, transforms can go up to the max cap or even change the cap.

Dojo training also slows down the closer to the training cap you get so the last +3 can take months of time.

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: December 30, 2019, 12:27:23 pm »
Thank you for the explanation. I understand why certain stats could decrease during the training. I just think it would make more sense if they did not. Is that a limitation of the engine or a desing decision of Dioxine?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #2063 on: December 30, 2019, 03:06:09 pm »
Transformations work exactly as intented.

Offline Eddie

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: December 30, 2019, 05:26:49 pm »
Thank you for the explanation. I understand why certain stats could decrease during the training. I just think it would make more sense if they did not. Is that a limitation of the engine or a desing decision of Dioxine?

It needs to be that way to prevent abuse. For example, the cap on TU for gals is 100. You can get more than that however, because of the way statgain through missions work. If you are under the cap, you get statgains, if you are above, you do not. So if your gal has 99 TU and gets +3 from the mission, she will end up with 102 TU, but can gain no further. This overshoot is not too imbalanced, as statgains from missions are not that large.

When you consider MMA training however, you get a large increase to TU of +10. You have the option to cut that down to the cap of 100 or not. If you would not cut it, your 102 TU gal would get +10 TU and end up at 112. That would also mean to get the most out of it, you should not use MMA training before your gal is maxed.

Of these two options, to cut at the statcaps is clearly more balanced.

Offline Galwail

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: January 02, 2020, 11:35:44 pm »
I get that stat gains are capped by racial maximum, but that is not what I am referring to. For example, look at the gal on the attached screenshot. She has several stats way above her racial maximum. By putting her though MMA training, I would reduce her stats by a lot, and I don't understand why. Are other gals going to cripple her a bit, because they are jealous of her high stats?

Also is there any training for slave soldiers?

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: January 03, 2020, 12:20:57 am »
^^   :o  :o

it is not training - gaining, - it´s UNtrainig, & LOSING stats!

(.."low´ering" stats )
« Last Edit: January 03, 2020, 03:00:21 am by RolandVasko »

Offline Rubber Cannonball

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: January 03, 2020, 01:15:46 am »
Maybe Atomic Tamara has a bad attitude since the pirate queen doesn't value her experience and wants to send her back to swabbie training.  I bet if a recently recruited young uber is sent to training, she will have only positive gains in her stats.

Seriously, training is mostly for rookies.

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: January 03, 2020, 02:04:24 am »
Freaks special quirk is that there initial stat can exceed there maximum. So yes a transform will frequently be a bad choice. Just because you an do something doesn't mean it's correct every time.

Offline unarmed drifter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: January 06, 2020, 11:32:39 am »
i'd like to have a few of those, but apparently the game won't let me. i do have some living space, too. so - what's wrong?