Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1993809 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 1.2: Masters of the Universe
« Reply #3345 on: March 24, 2020, 12:10:31 pm »
whats the soundtrack on the lotus statue mission?

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: March 26, 2020, 05:28:15 am »
Please explain in detail how to get out to Gauss weapons. I looked at the wiki, it says that to open the Gauss, you need to open the mass accelerators, which are opened when exploring the elerium battery and any Gauss weapons. But I haven't seen a Gauss weapon yet. I was told that I need to research MiB weapons, and I have a lot of such weapons in stock, but I can't research them. Although plasma has been opened for a long time and the best laboratory is located. I don't know what I need to do. Do not write about the fact that you can open the technology tree, I play with my phone, I do not have this option. Please help, thank you.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: March 26, 2020, 05:39:08 am »
Please explain in detail how to get out to Gauss weapons. I looked at the wiki, it says that to open the Gauss, you need to open the mass accelerators, which are opened when exploring the elerium battery and any Gauss weapons. But I haven't seen a Gauss weapon yet. I was told that I need to research MiB weapons, and I have a lot of such weapons in stock, but I can't research them. Although plasma has been opened for a long time and the best laboratory is located. I don't know what I need to do. Do not write about the fact that you can open the technology tree, I play with my phone, I do not have this option. Please help, thank you.

You can obtain this weapon on the missions with reptoids (Shogg arc).

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: March 26, 2020, 05:50:14 am »
I would also like to ask if you will continue to work on the plot of Doom? In one of the messages about the cult of the Apocalypse, we are told that it has a mysterious sponsor. The huge number of UAC weapons explains everything. It would be cool to storm the UAC base and then hell.It would also be great to get the BFG9000 and possibly the Praetorian armor at the end of the story. It's a very exciting story line, but I think you've overdone the number of enemies on the missions.

Offline Nord

• Commander
  • The Gate is open.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: March 26, 2020, 01:33:44 pm »
In my search for something to steal, I noticed that gilldog animation is corrupted. So here is fixed one. Maybe i should say to Dioxine too...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: March 27, 2020, 04:51:52 pm »
Thank you, Nord! :-*

And yes, more Apocalypse content is (loosely) planned.

Offline eXalted

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: March 27, 2020, 11:14:17 pm »
"1.2 is going to be an almost final version. "

1 month later:
"Some pretty cool shit coming up boyzzz!"

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: March 27, 2020, 11:50:35 pm »
"1.2 is going to be an almost final version. "
probably means "includes almost all stuff that was planned for 1.2 ;)
This mod is already big enough to part it into "chapters". of course that´d make it less linear, which is not intended... ^^

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: March 29, 2020, 07:37:57 am »
Hello. I would like to suggest adding a sawn-off double-barrelled shotgun to the game. This would be a very effective and useful auxiliary weapon in close combat. The size would be 2 cells, which allows you to put it in the quick access slot. This would be very conveniently Done in a workshop with a double-barrelled rifle.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: March 29, 2020, 04:30:45 pm »
Hello. I would like to suggest adding a sawn-off double-barrelled shotgun to the game. This would be a very effective and useful auxiliary weapon in close combat. The size would be 2 cells, which allows you to put it in the quick access slot. This would be very conveniently Done in a workshop with a double-barrelled rifle.

OK, I'll remember it for later.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: March 29, 2020, 04:35:00 pm »
Other than the workshop project(and with Dioxine's permission of course), the Xpiratez sawed-off shotgun seems like it would fit right in.

Offline INFERNO

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: March 29, 2020, 06:34:26 pm »
Please explain the meaning of smoke grenades? I thought they were creating a veil(logically), but it doesn't work as it should. I stormed the red dawn factory and decided to use this equipment. I was surprised. The veil only works on my fighters, but the opponents shoot at my soldiers as if the veil were not there. When aliens see through the veil-it's normal, they have psi vision and thermal imaging, but why do people see? Seriously? Why does it work like this? The most interesting thing is that the opponents see me from a long distance, they don't even come close.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: March 29, 2020, 07:04:29 pm »
Please explain the meaning of smoke grenades? I thought they were creating a veil(logically), but it doesn't work as it should. I stormed the red dawn factory and decided to use this equipment. I was surprised. The veil only works on my fighters, but the opponents shoot at my soldiers as if the veil were not there. When aliens see through the veil-it's normal, they have psi vision and thermal imaging, but why do people see? Seriously? Why does it work like this? The most interesting thing is that the opponents see me from a long distance, they don't even come close.

Oh, it is a long and painful story about smokes... In short, enemies can provide a squadsight to their mates, so the others can shoot at your out from their visible area. Despite of the official information, I think smokes are useless in 99% of situations and causes only inconveniences for your soldiers, not enemies'.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: March 29, 2020, 07:06:43 pm »
Oh, it is a long and painful story about smokes... In short, enemies can provide a squadsight to their mates, so the others can shoot at your out from their visible area. Despite of the official information, I think smokes are useless in 99% of situations and causes only inconveniences for your soldiers, not enemies'.

Yeah...

I literally never use them.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: March 29, 2020, 07:20:23 pm »
depends on the enemies...
especially red dawn is known for the squad sight thing. Also some of their higher tier guys have some thermal vision (not fully, but on lower ranges iirc).
Aliens totally don't care.
However, some otherwise nasty things (like a certain kind of green dog thats really good at diving) are very vulnerable to smoke, so as stun area dmg its not bad sometimes.
Most other cult guys (dagon, apoc, etc) will see at least as bad as you do through smoke.
tbh, i don't use them either, unless really desperate. thought about using smoke shells for mortars though.