Author Topic: [OLD] Old OXCE+ discussion thread  (Read 733892 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: [OXCE+] Meridian's resources and mods for (not only) X-PirateZ
« Reply #1275 on: May 02, 2017, 04:35:25 pm »
Personally, I think it's more realistic to have the pilot as a unit, they should still be able to pick up a firearm and point it in the correct direction even if not quite as well as trained infantrymen, but it seems reasonable to have an option to either make them not appear on the battlefield or better handling for the case of not enough spawn points for all the soldiers on the craft.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1276 on: May 07, 2017, 01:40:53 pm »
If you don't like pilots being full-fledged soldiers, you can make a STR_USELESS_SOLDIER soldier type, give them mediocre stats, disallow to use any armor and allow only them to pilot craft... With so many options, why regress to a crappier system with abstracted pilots? That'd be basically the same end effect as vanilla only done in a more convoluted way.

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: May 07, 2017, 05:25:40 pm »
If you don't like pilots being full-fledged soldiers, you can make a STR_USELESS_SOLDIER soldier type, give them mediocre stats, disallow to use any armor and allow only them to pilot craft... With so many options, why regress to a crappier system with abstracted pilots? That'd be basically the same end effect as vanilla only done in a more convoluted way.

Example; STR_PILOT the only ones who can manage the transport, participating in the battle were killed. What will happen to the ship and its crew? Will he be able to return to the base without pilots? What bugs does this evoke?

disallow to use any armor

By the way, about the armor ... Can you make the division of armor into classes, as with weapons for ships? That is, not every type of infantryman could use heavy armor. After all, a heavy armor to a sniper ... that's not right.

P.S. I just have variations of soldiers not in ranks, but in specializations. Snipers, grenade throwers, stormtroopers, telepaths and so on. I think it is more correct such a division of infantry.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 05:35:16 pm by Ethereal »

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: May 08, 2017, 09:57:30 pm »
I've noticed an issue with saving games.  Equipment that is dropped by a soldier that panics is not saved and disappears after a reload.  Is this a known bug?  I'm planning to do some more tests tonight with this exe and the latest nightly.  I'll give an update when that's done.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: May 08, 2017, 10:13:59 pm »
Is this a known bug?  I'm planning to do some more tests tonight with this exe and the latest nightly.  I'll give an update when that's done.

It's not known to me... please let us know once the testing is finished.

A save (before panicking) would also be handy.

EDIT: tested and reported here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.msg82804.html#msg82804
« Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 04:05:27 pm by Meridian »

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: May 08, 2017, 10:28:12 pm »
Is there a good way to get units to panic and drop their stuff?  I'm thinking about using a flamer but am open to other suggestions.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: May 08, 2017, 11:14:07 pm »
Is there a good way to get units to panic and drop their stuff?  I'm thinking about using a flamer but am open to other suggestions.

Mod some weapon to consume all morale as side effect is the quickest I can think of right now.

Offline NeoWorm

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: May 08, 2017, 11:31:03 pm »
It's not known to me... please let us know once the testing is finished.

A save (before panicking) would also be handy.

I encountered it too. Multiple times on my android Area51 playtrhough. I wanted to investigate further but didn't have time to do so properly lately.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: May 10, 2017, 04:57:13 pm »
New version is up.

2017-05-10
 - Fixed CTD with armor-specific movement sound
 - Left and right side armor values can be different now: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5435.0.html
 - R-click in Transfers GUI now does the same as in Sell GUI
 - Reset Geoscape timer when stores are full due to Production
 - Craft landing can now be disabled (e.g. for interceptors with pilots only)
 - CQC extensions (by ohartenstein23)

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8itkFQbhj-Ya0xwV1V3UlgyOWs

Code: [Select]
armors:
  - type: STR_PERSONAL_ARMOR_UC
    frontArmor: 50
    sideArmor: 40      # right side armor = 40
    leftArmorDiff: 100 #  left side armor = 40 + 100 = 140
    rearArmor: 30
    underArmor: 30
crafts:
  - type: STR_INTERCEPTOR
    soldiers: 1
    pilots: 1
    allowLanding: false # this craft cannot land (and go on missions)
armors:
  - type: REAPER_ARMOR
    createsMeleeThreat: true # default false for 2x2 units, otherwise default true
    ignoresMeleeThreat: true # default true for 2x2 units, otherwise default false

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: May 10, 2017, 08:33:29 pm »
It took longer than I expected, but I was able to do some testing in the latest X-PirateZ (.99G) and your patch fix exe.  There are 3 saves and two screenshots.

Pretest.sav - start of the mission
Testing.sav - shot group of girls with a flamer to drop morale
Post Test.sav - The next turn after most of them panicked.  Several dropped their equipment and I moved another girl on top of one of the dropped equipment piles to confirm the items were on the ground.

The two pictures show the ground inventory before saving and then the same spot after reloading the save.

I guess I'll have to create a weapon for testing the vanilla version as those soldiers are much more stoic about being set on fire.

I hope this helps.  Thanks!

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: May 10, 2017, 08:37:47 pm »
I hope this helps.  Thanks!

Yes, although I did the testing in the meantime already :)

Here's more details: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,2915.msg82804.html#msg82804

Offline AngelicJoker

• Sergeant
  • Why not?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: May 10, 2017, 09:32:08 pm »
Glad to hear there's an easy fix for it.  Can you tell me how you tested the panic in Vanilla?  I didn't see a way to mod a weapon to lower morale without OXCE.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: May 10, 2017, 09:55:44 pm »
Glad to hear there's an easy fix for it.  Can you tell me how you tested the panic in Vanilla?  I didn't see a way to mod a weapon to lower morale without OXCE.

I implemented a hotkey in vanilla to lower the morale to zero... developer's shortcuts :P

Offline Ethereal

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: May 11, 2017, 07:11:03 am »
Many thanks for the update!
The only complaint is that the pilots will have to give only interceptors. But on the other hand, they need bonuses to air combat, and transports are not.

Tell me please, and the type of damage Electricity is in [OXCE +]? And what does it look like - is it 11 type of damage, or is it replacing something?

P.S. At me it is bad with English and to search for something it is improbably difficult, though I try and if I do not achieve success I ask questions.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: May 11, 2017, 02:39:07 pm »
OXCE+ adds an additional 10 damage types beyond the original for modders to use so that they don't have to replace another type. Are you playing X-Com Files? There, electric is one of the additional damage types, used for things like tasers and stun batons.