Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 750400 times)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition
« Reply #1425 on: June 05, 2015, 08:42:16 pm »
Rant of the day, completely irrelevant to the game development, I just want to vent my frustations somewhere.

Spoiler:
I want to pull out my hair, I just found out that I hadnt noticed that the guild Reps can be interrogated, hense why I hadnt find out about the Russian files. And If I had these clipless lazers at the time I was supposed to it would have saved me tons of greef...ARGGHHH$)(#&$#)@((*.

BTW The X-sectopod graphics is awesome. Does it come only as a gattling lazer variant?
/rant.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1426 on: June 05, 2015, 08:52:10 pm »
So far, yes. At some point these rigs gonna be refubrished into wearable armor with varied weapon loadouts.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1427 on: June 05, 2015, 09:21:29 pm »
So far, yes. At some point these rigs gonna be refubrished into wearable armor with varied weapon loadouts.

And I thought my loader loadout was enough to cos play 40k terminator :P

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1428 on: June 05, 2015, 10:30:04 pm »
Tactical-Dreadnought analogue is planned too - the Annihilator armor is basically a pimped-up Space Marine armor analogue.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1429 on: June 05, 2015, 11:06:07 pm »
Tactical-Dreadnought analogue is planned too - the Annihilator armor is basically a pimped-up Space Marine armor analogue.

I dont know whats far ahead, I just cranked out the first of these suits out (and I thank my idiocyncrancies that made me a hoard person, the matterials costs are unexpectedly high, as they should all things considered) and they seem to make the gals unstopable.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1430 on: June 06, 2015, 12:51:07 pm »
I dont know whats far ahead, I just cranked out the first of these suits out (and I thank my idiocyncrancies that made me a hoard person, the matterials costs are unexpectedly high, as they should all things considered) and they seem to make the gals unstopable.

Whoa, whoa, don't tell Dioxine something is stacked in the players' favour! That will only compel him to make the game even harder!  ::)

[...] any follow-ups would be warmly welcomed.

I am thinking about following this line of research with a few more interesting (i.e., Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis like interesting) attempts to turn slaves into super hereos, until it yields a useful suit of armor for the gals finally. In the meantime the gals' are stuck with their own experiments.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:14:11 pm by Zharkov »

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1431 on: June 06, 2015, 01:36:28 pm »
Whoa, whoa, don't tell Dioxine something is stacked in the players' favour! That will only compel him to make the game even harder!  ::)

Yeah... well....good luck surviving up to that point. And good luck manufacturing them in the first place :P

« Last Edit: June 06, 2015, 01:39:01 pm by pilot00 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1432 on: June 06, 2015, 02:07:46 pm »
Beware of the Microwave Cookers, they still one-shot you, and the Canister Guns will reduce armor even without scoring a penetration (in Extended), so we're getting there, rest assured. :) But anyway, if you get to the point you can build these suits, you have earned it. Or you're savescumming like's no tomorrow, which kinda counts too (the sheer amount of work...).

@ Zharkov: Yes exactly the kind of experiments I was thinking :) The slave units can be progressively more useful, too (well, we're starting at the rock bottom anyway :) ). I will make sure to fit them in the game balance. Oh yeah and I will probably add bats as enemies quite soon...

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1433 on: June 06, 2015, 06:38:00 pm »
Beware of the Microwave Cookers, they still one-shot you, and the Canister Guns will reduce armor even without scoring a penetration (in Extended), so we're getting there, rest assured. :) But anyway, if you get to the point you can build these suits, you have earned it. Or you're savescumming like's no tomorrow, which kinda counts too (the sheer amount of work...).

I have 8-10 of the things? (micorwave cookers) cant research them for some reason. Unless I am missing something else akin to the broken guild Rep, it should a matter of braking a Provost to finish the game. Too bad the only cruiser happy factions are the church and the star gods.

BTW Dioxine Cyclops stop to appear at any time in the star god crews?

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1434 on: June 06, 2015, 06:47:23 pm »
You're missing
Spoiler:
the same thing to be able to research cookers & plasmas

As for the Cyclops, they're a completely separate crew so they never stop to appear. Another crew is one made exclusively of Star Gods.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1435 on: June 06, 2015, 08:16:32 pm »
You're missing
Spoiler:
the same thing to be able to research cookers & plasmas

As for the Cyclops, they're a completely separate crew so they never stop to appear. Another crew is one made exclusively of Star Gods.

Hm....Interesting, I could swear the first time I saw the Cyclops were in a mixed crew with the gods. As to their appereances it must be bad luck I guess.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1436 on: June 07, 2015, 09:26:52 am »
I meant Cyclops + Star God Guardians is a separate crew from Star Gods.

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1437 on: June 07, 2015, 04:57:36 pm »
Found another thingie with the X-Sectopods. Since you are gonna scrap them, or wont even happen in the extended, it might be of no concearn but, just to be on the safe side here it goes:

When half of the X-Sectopod is standing on craft door (encountered on leviathan transports) tiles and ordered to fire, it shoots just once instead of its 4 shot burst.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 04:59:29 pm by pilot00 »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1438 on: June 07, 2015, 09:26:00 pm »
I've noticed this strange occurance as well though in my case it was a mortar tank that only fired 1 of its 5 salvo rocket spread and I was playing redux a few weeks ago.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1439 on: June 07, 2015, 11:11:24 pm »
Well, here comes the next stepping stone towards a real superhero armor for the gals. Well, sort of, I encountered a problem with implanting a med-kit in a HWP, but found a temporary work around I am not entirely happy with. For anyone who wants to test this with 0.9j, you will need the other parts, too.