Author Topic: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition  (Read 749934 times)

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
  • Back in the day it was gameplay not a feature....
    • View Profile
Re: [TOTAL CONVERSION] The Piratez Mod - 0.9.j - 9 May - Holiday Edition
« Reply #1440 on: June 07, 2015, 11:29:41 pm »
I've noticed this strange occurance as well though in my case it was a mortar tank that only fired 1 of its 5 salvo rocket spread and I was playing redux a few weeks ago.

It might be a nightly thing with the HWPs in general then. I seem to have read somewhere that they had problems. I cant comment on others since I didnt use them in this campaign but I can build anything now, so I can try I guess.

EDIT: Curiously enough, I run into the same bug when using one of my plasma destroyers inside the building in the pyramid of pain map to shot on the level below (from 2 to 3)
« Last Edit: June 07, 2015, 11:42:22 pm by pilot00 »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: June 08, 2015, 12:04:48 am »
I was wondering if it's possible to heal or revive an unconscious attack dog as even tho it's showing on the ground, whenever I have a troop stand over it and try to heal it, it says there's no one there!

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: June 08, 2015, 12:46:54 am »
I was wondering if it's possible to heal or revive an unconscious attack dog as even tho it's showing on the ground, whenever I have a troop stand over it and try to heal it, it says there's no one there!

For all intents and purposes they are HWPs hence no.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1443 on: June 08, 2015, 10:32:40 am »
I might add extra Stun heal per turn to Dogs to compensate. As for wound healing, it is unneccessary since they never take any Fatal Wounds anyway (because HWPs don't).

I encountered a problem with implanting a med-kit in a HWP

No worries, the Extended supports med-kits as built-in weapons no problemo. At first I thougth it's going to be a medical unit (and thought - meh, there is a dedicated medic outfit coming out soon) - but then realized it's something else entirelly, and I like it (although I might change his 2nd weapon to something else yet - maybe a TU Boost - say by spending 25 TU he boosts TUs of the target by 15?). I might even simplify the first "weapon" by making it simply boost Stamina and Energy of the target, without the medkit screen.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 11:04:33 am by Dioxine »

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: June 08, 2015, 02:27:54 pm »
I'm liking your ideas mentioned in last post. Just done my first mission involving a government gunboat and got a big minus score, is this right and are you to ignore government ships as per attached I got minus scores for killing or stunning the military police.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: June 08, 2015, 04:12:32 pm »
[...] there is a dedicated medic outfit coming out soon [...]

Sexy Nurse? I was always wondering why there was no sexy nurse outfit in this mod!

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1446 on: June 08, 2015, 05:07:46 pm »
I'm liking your ideas mentioned in last post. Just done my first mission involving a government gunboat and got a big minus score, is this right and are you to ignore government ships as per attached I got minus scores for killing or stunning the military police.

Yep. After all, they're paying you, right? :) Nobody said anything about ignoring them - sometimes loot is more important than score :)

Sexy Nurse? I was always wondering why there was no sexy nurse outfit in this mod!

Because it wasn't drawn yet (and would have little sense in non-Extended ver.). Only 50% or so gfx can be stolen from other mods, the rest has to be drawn and it takes a ton of time :)

Oh one more thing,
Spoiler:
I don't 100% like the corpse research txt - one crucial detail: the Cap'n is not an American movie hero and would never use a gun for verbal discussions - a gun drawn is a gun used to kill or terrorize, never to help with words talk.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 05:15:17 pm by Dioxine »

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: June 08, 2015, 05:22:56 pm »

Oh one more thing,
Spoiler:
I don't 100% like the corpse research txt - one crucial detail: the Cap'n is not an American movie hero and would never use a gun for verbal discussions - a gun drawn is a gun used to kill or terrorize, never to help with words talk.

Then we cannot have this. I have rewritten the text:

Spoiler:
Yes, there was nuclear fuel involved. I never said there wouldn't! I just said there was no need to! So, I did not lie, technically! And this very violent biochemical reaction was unforeseeable. But we think we might be able to harness this energy source somehow. Whud? No, we didn't plan this! The warning label stating that this equipment is prone to explosion, spontaneous combustion and might cause hair loss is routinely attached to everything we design.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2015, 08:32:19 pm by Zharkov »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1448 on: June 10, 2015, 01:04:46 pm »
I've added just this line to the end of your text to kind of have it both ways:

Spoiler:
...Can you remove these, uh, ropes now? It's quite... degrading this way, you know.

Offline Edrick

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: June 10, 2015, 10:44:27 pm »
I don't know if this is intentional or not, but once I run out of Gauss clips, I'm only left with a pile of useless weapons that I have to disassemble into Railguns and Rail Drivers in order to make them useful again. Question is, could there be manufacturable clips but with less power and ammo capacity? If it is intentional (true Gauss ammo is a precious resource), would it be possible to 1) up the Assault Railgun's power somewhat -say, to 65 or 67, not enough to make the Python regular ammo useless- and 2) Extend the "poor man's Gauss" line to a pistol: a nailgun pimped up with several Gauss parts and power in the late 50s / early 60s?

Offline pilot00

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: June 10, 2015, 11:14:50 pm »
I don't know if this is intentional or not, but once I run out of Gauss clips, I'm only left with a pile of useless weapons that I have to disassemble into Railguns and Rail Drivers in order to make them useful again.

Trust me you can build more blasty things in the future with these parts. The game requires a small sense of hoarding, since you dont know what will be usefull in the future. And once the factions start upgrading their guns you will have a 'season' to collect more than enough clips. But usually by that time they will be good for dissasembly purposes.

Generally once cash stops being an issue I advice on building a storage base and keep whatever junk you can stored there. If you dont need the cash build a stockpile of weapon parts,drugs,anti grav harnesses, armor parts, and crafting matterials etc. You will thank me laters.

EDIT: BTW I started an enemy hideout attack and the unused equipment started on the floor of the base instead of the exit are :)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:31:35 pm by pilot00 »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #1451 on: June 11, 2015, 12:51:04 am »
I don't know if this is intentional or not, but once I run out of Gauss clips, I'm only left with a pile of useless weapons that I have to disassemble into Railguns and Rail Drivers in order to make them useful again. Question is, could there be manufacturable clips but with less power and ammo capacity? If it is intentional (true Gauss ammo is a precious resource), would it be possible to 1) up the Assault Railgun's power somewhat -say, to 65 or 67, not enough to make the Python regular ammo useless- and 2) Extend the "poor man's Gauss" line to a pistol: a nailgun pimped up with several Gauss parts and power in the late 50s / early 60s?

Gauss tech is still WIP. I generally agree with these ideas, but I need to use my head and build a complete and reasonable system. In general, the gauss parts should be more useful in the future, and the production of Gauss ammo isn't ruled out either. Eventually there will be a whole new Gauss line available for production, less powerful but lighter, faster, more accurate (well the dedicated heavy weapons won't be less powerful :) ).

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: June 11, 2015, 11:53:35 pm »
I must say that this mod gets better all the time, just completed a crashed mercenary terror ship. What a tough mission but completely satisfying, wondering how piratez extended will improve upon this?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1453 on: June 14, 2015, 11:55:21 am »
with Piratez getting more and more popular and Extended just around the corner, I wonder if you people might be able to help here:

https://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/Piratez

This article was not started by me, but I added some stuff too, and think it would be good to have more contributors.
If you want to help but do not feel comfortable with TV Tropes' syntax, I can add it for you if you give me a notice.

Offline Zharkov

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: June 14, 2015, 01:27:04 pm »
Yo, Batglad is done!

And, I made a zip for all interested parties. Just copy the contents in you data Folder. Only Ryskeliinis' stuff is missing and needs to be installed (but not activated), additionally, because I haven't got permission to use his stuff, yet. Seems he's here seldom.

Although, I still didn't get the hand objects right.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2015, 04:16:39 pm by Zharkov »