aliens

Author Topic: [submod]Submod list for XCF  (Read 23101 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: [submod]Submod list for XCF
« Reply #60 on: January 23, 2024, 03:54:41 pm »
now the mod Untouchable doesn't work for some reason, error about number of corpse and armor size )

Most likely a result of removal of some armours in 3.2 (underwater versions of most power suits). If a submod still refers to them, it will break things.

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2024, 04:07:23 pm »
Most likely a result of removal of some armours in 3.2 (underwater versions of most power suits). If a submod still refers to them, it will break things.
Thank you. After your message, I deleted the armor that had errors, 4 units, from the file "armors_UntouchablesXCF" and now it works.

I need resurrected soldiers, hiring new ones added by the mod is not needed
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 04:18:48 pm by NazarTyagun »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2024, 04:19:17 pm »
Thank you. After your message, I deleted the armor that had errors, 4 units, from the file "armors_UntouchablesXCF" and now it works.

Glad to be of help!

Offline PPQ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2024, 01:09:21 pm »
Here is a little something I made for my self because I was annoyed at how difficult some techs are to get. TLDR capturing aliens is hard. Capturing an alien engineer is harder still. So you can get locked out of some good techs simply by drawing badly on the random research table and wasting your engineers on starship types.

This mod changes it so that engineers no longer give you those, only engineering techs.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2024, 06:38:31 pm »
The reverse stat strings by Starving Poet hasn't been updated in years. I've added the missing transformations and made adjustments so that it shows all the stats that can still developed. I though to share the updated version if someone else is interested in reverse stat strings. (Incredibly useful to quickly see which stats can still be developed, IMHO.)

I've used this in multiple campaigns and it appears to work fine (though I haven't actually even used all the transformations myself).

EDIT 4.2.2024: updated the attachment, also adding X-Com Bats.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2024, 08:53:51 am by psavola »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2024, 09:05:16 pm »
@PPQ: Can you make a 'proper' version of your submod that doesn't overwrite the whole file and can thus be used with more than just one specific version of the parent mod?`

@psavola: Added to the list. Who is Brimcons? brimcon?

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2024, 09:09:55 pm »
@psavola: Added to the list. Who is Brimcons? brimcon?

No idea. It was in the original metadata..

Offline PPQ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2024, 08:29:37 pm »
@PPQ: Can you make a 'proper' version of your submod that doesn't overwrite the whole file and can thus be used with more than just one specific version of the parent mod?`
I have no idea how to do that.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 28, 2024, 10:17:14 pm »
I have no idea how to do that.
Basically, delete everything but your changes (managing individual list entries might need some finesse using the '!add' and '!remove' tags) and add the metadata file plus directory structure. Look at some other submod like the Stupid Mongorns for an example.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #69 on: February 20, 2024, 06:29:15 am »
XCFHanger Expansion Mod v0.86 appears to be broken with the latest OpenXcom update from yesterday. I keep getting these errors now attempting to launch the game  :-[

[04-07-2023_07-54-31]   [ERROR]   During linking rulesets of facilities:
Error processing 'STR_LARGE_HANGAR' in facilities: Not enough position vectors for crafts allocation.
Error processing 'STR_UPGRADED_HANGAR' in facilities: Not enough position vectors for crafts allocation.

I just posted a complete overhaul to my X-Com Files Hangar Expansion Pack mod.

New Mod Link
https://mod.io/g/openxcom/m/facility-expansion-pack-x-com-files

I haven't tested base retaliation, everything else works as expected.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 07:02:50 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2024, 06:36:40 am »
Hmm, yeah, Brutal AI seems to be doing more than just AI these days.

Anyway, a quick fix attached until/if the submod author decides to make a separate version for BAI. No guaranteeing these will line up nicely for advanced aircraft since I only tested with Mudrangers.

Juku121, I just updated, actually a major overhaul to the Hangar Expansion Pack, and with the hopes that it will be more than just hangars, so new name is Facility Expansion Pack.

I haven't looked at the old mod in so ling I didn't debug the issues people are currently having, but if there are issues with the new mod release, then I'll work getting everything ironed out.  I also haven't tested the base retaliation component of the new mod release.

FYI the current release required BRUTAL-AI, because it supports different hangar types, I know that Meridian has on his todo list to eventually support this feature.  When he does that should drop the BRUTAL-AI requirement, although I might have to makes some changes if it's implemented differently.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2024, 06:59:16 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline Kozinsky

• Captain
  • Sorry for my bEd English
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2024, 09:52:01 am »
I just posted a complete overhaul to my X-Com Files Hangar Expansion Pack mod.

You might be interested in the idea of creating damaged versions of your hangars. Similar to my submod X-Com Files: Damaged Facilities. Maybe you should even combine them into a single submod.
P.S.: After the new version of OXCE is released, I will immediately post an updated version of this my submod.

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2024, 06:45:52 pm »
Hm I would guess it is not safe to swap to this from old Hangar mod midgame right? Especially if I have upgraded hangar built.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2024, 09:23:47 pm »
Added, plus the precursor Garage mod.

I did notice that this submod is not just three extra hangars, a lot of other facilities have also had their parameters fiddled with. Perhaps consider making 'pure' version?

Since the issue the old Hanger Expansion Mod had was basically incompatibility with BAI, and this version is now in turn incompatible with 'vanilla' OXCE, I figure it's better to leave everything up until the day Meridian gets to variable hangars himself.

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2024, 09:26:35 pm »
Hm I would guess it is not safe to swap to this from old Hangar mod midgame right? Especially if I have upgraded hangar built.

Neiwiem,

The TWO hangar mods are compatible to have BOTH.  If you are mid game, my recommendation would be to leave the old mod, and just add the new mod.  Of course, make a backup save before hand if you want to revert or have any issues.

I have had both mods running in a game before and the are compatible, use completely different facility id's.  If you are starting a new game I would only recommend using the NEW mod only.  Honestly I think the old mod was almost more of a cheat because it's very easy to get a lot more hangar space, and the Architecture Building Materials are fairly profitable.  But keep using the old one if that's what you want.