Author Topic: [submod]Submod list for XCF  (Read 23026 times)

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
Re: [submod]Submod list for XCF
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2024, 10:06:26 pm »
Added, plus the precursor Garage mod.

I did notice that this submod is not just three extra hangars, a lot of other facilities have also had their parameters fiddled with. Perhaps consider making 'pure' version?

Since the issue the old Hanger Expansion Mod had was basically incompatibility with BAI, and this version is now in turn incompatible with 'vanilla' OXCE, I figure it's better to leave everything up until the day Meridian gets to variable hangars himself.

I would recommend listing both mods... long term. Mostly because the two mods are so different I think a lot of people may want the old mods features.  I'm trying to figure out how to label them so people don't get confused.  I don't know if you are planning on having a "CHEAT" section for X-COM Files mods list. But in my opinion the old hangar mod is more of a cheat or enables a MUCH easier play through.

Old Hangar Expansion Pack (standalone facility expansion, research tree only for it's own components)
- General Building Materials
- General Building (1x1 Facility)
- Architecture Building Materials (CHEAT??? - highly profitable)
- 2x2 (Hangar x2)
- 3x3 (Hangar x8) (CHEAT??? - 8 crafts is a bit excessive)

New Facility Expansion Pack (more integrated mod that modifies the research tree to get acces to crafts and hangars)
- General Building - (Removed - I saw this a duplicate to the Corridor which I don't think was originally in xcom-files when this mod was 1st released)
- Garage mod - (Dependency - start with 1x bay garages instead of hangars)
- General Facility Access - (Some restrictive progression to build an "Operational X-COM UFO Defense Base" inline with the spirit of the X-Com Files beginings)
- Starting Base Facilities - (Reduced access because of new progression requirements, slight enhancement to some xcom-files facilities storage and living space)
- Regular Hangar - (Advancement Gated - requires research advancement to get access to)
- 3x3 (Hangar x4) - (Balanced - more realistic to the space of hangar & craft size)
- 3x3 (Hangar x4) - (Now an Aerocraft Shop - requred facility to manufacture crafts)
- Interceptor and Skyrider trees - (A few more minor research gates before getting access to researching and crafting them)
- 2x2 (Hangar x3) - (New Advanced Hangar for Ultimate Base Management)
- ALL New Sprites - (New Pixel Art - no down sampling images, everything done by hand, pixel by pixel)

I've played through a bunch of times, testing up through getting the 2x2 (Hangar x3) and I feel it's well balanced, BUT completely different than the previous mod.  I can't please everyone, but I'm definitely open to getting feedback to help improve and mature this new mod.

From your statement
Perhaps consider making 'pure' version?

I'm guessing that you are ask to have a separate mod that just adds the facilities at specific research times without modifying any of the existing X-Com and X-Com Files research trees and facility stats?
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 03:04:23 am by 0xEBJC »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2024, 10:17:10 pm »
I'm guessing that you are ask to have a separate mod that just adds the facilities at specific research times without modifying any of the existing X-Com and X-Com Files research trees and facility stats?
Not asking as such, because if I'm going to play with this submod or something like it, I'll retweak everything to my liking anyway. If. Not been on an XCF frequency for a while. :(

I just brought up the fact that your new submod is an extensive affair, and some people (the ones who don't make mods themselves, you know) might want just the hangars, or maybe even just a big hangar and the garage.

Then again, maybe hangars will be in OXCE by summer and officially in XCF by August. One can dream. :)

Offline 0xEBJC

• Colonel
  • Y'all are awesome! Thankful for this community.
    • View Profile
    • My Projects
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2024, 10:47:39 pm »
When I made the original mod I mostly followed Biggieboys version for the original XCOM, and I was also new to X-Com files and looking for an easier play through. 

What I don't want to do is remove the old mod just because of my "subjective opinion" that it makes the game too easy and replace it with something completely different where someone may want the old mods original features.  If it's removed or replaced then it leaves people to scour the internet archives for the old version.

But I would like to encourage the use of the new mod without the old one as I think its more balanced in the spirit of X-Com Files.

I'll think out how best to make a "pure version" that's more of a drop in without the research and other facility property changes.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2024, 09:13:02 pm »
Added the two new submods by Kozinsky.

Offline AndyFox

• Sergeant
  • ÷)
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 29, 2024, 08:21:53 pm »
Megaphone works fine with lazy loading. You can use the attached file to get the missing animation and kill the error, if you wish.
Attaching a Russian translation for modifying the Megaphone.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 09:50:29 pm by AndyFox »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 29, 2024, 08:39:44 pm »
I am sorry to say, but this translation appears dysfunctional. I can't get it to work using 'ru-RU', only 'ru'. The file is in some Cyrillic format, which means the game has trouble reading it. Maybe a Russian OS can get past this, but for me, I need to convert to UTF-8 first if I don't want a bunch of '?'s. Finally, even then, there are some messed up symbols, like the first 'M' in 'Mегафон', which is 'ћегафон' for me right now.

Granted, I don't use Russian to play the game, and maybe it's user error on my part, but apparently this is not just plug and play at the moment.

Offline AndyFox

• Sergeant
  • ÷)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2024, 09:39:58 pm »
I am sorry to say, but this translation appears dysfunctional. I can't get it to work using 'ru-RU', only 'ru'. The file is in some Cyrillic format, which means the game has trouble reading it. Maybe a Russian OS can get past this, but for me, I need to convert to UTF-8 first if I don't want a bunch of '?'s. Finally, even then, there are some messed up symbols, like the first 'M' in 'Mегафон', which is 'ћегафон' for me right now.

Granted, I don't use Russian to play the game, and maybe it's user error on my part, but apparently this is not just plug and play at the moment.
Thanks for the advice. The file is renamed and saved in UTF-8 encoding. The attachment has been replaced in the previous message.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 29, 2024, 09:56:56 pm »
The RuPhone seems to be working now. :)

Also, added Project Xenophobia and Cryptic Butchery a day or two ago.

Offline AndyFox

• Sergeant
  • ÷)
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2024, 12:22:30 am »
The RuPhone seems to be working now. :)

Thanks again for checking. Now completed a translation into Russian for “Medical Medals”.

Offline AndyFox

• Sergeant
  • ÷)
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2024, 10:59:32 am »
Attaching two more sub-modifications:

“Liberation” — allows you to return the country from the control of corrupt alien politicians through desperate raids within a month.

“Handcuffs Horizontal” — universal handcuffs that can even be used to bind ghosts.

Prompted on a social network, authors unknown.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2024, 12:41:59 pm »
These two were posted by aziza in a separate thread (and Liberation was in another subforum). With authors, too. That version of the handcuff even had the one-handed cheat on top as well.

Added XCom Drone Bombers 1.0, X-Com Files Statstrings 1.1 to the list. Also Advanced Marker v2, Angar x4, Handcuffs 250 Gorizontal modded, the two Manor mods and To Final from the 10-mod list posted by aziza.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2024, 12:45:56 pm by Juku121 »

Offline AndyFox

• Sergeant
  • ÷)
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2024, 01:55:47 pm »
Great news, thanks for the clarifications!
Is the Russian translation added correctly to the “Yautja Hunter” modification?

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2024, 02:30:42 pm »
Well, I see the same non-UTF-8 issue, again. And honestly, you should probably just make a separate file with just the language text instead of copying over everything.

Offline AndyFox

• Sergeant
  • ÷)
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2024, 05:08:02 pm »
Well, I see the same non-UTF-8 issue, again. And honestly, you should probably just make a separate file with just the language text instead of copying over everything.

Yes, thanks, now converted it to UTF-8 encoding. Separately, attach the translation of texts from two files as an attachment here.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 05:29:14 am by AndyFox »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 30, 2024, 06:13:20 pm »
Well, you still have the 'ru-RU instead of ru' problem.

Ideally, one would also package the fix separately. But since this is a mod validation error, one can only hope Alex_D will notice at some point, and overwrite the whole mod file until then.