Author Topic: OpenXcom TWoTS Playthrough  (Read 6983 times)

Offline Svinedrengen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
OpenXcom TWoTS Playthrough
« on: April 24, 2021, 12:27:41 pm »
Hey there everyfolks.

Just started a new playthrough of TWoTS, which seems to be a lot more awesome than I initially thought, great work by the modders and the new music is so good and atmospheric it is beyond belief, I really like it.

Anyone who wants to are more than welcome to join my adventure of this mod, that I dont know much about. Have a nice day everyone.

Not a valid youtube URL

My second attempt on this amazing mod with commentary, big thanks to everyone involved with OpenXcom great work guys.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7s7r8a2TqCK1SVWqzqA7qwecwicYEc51
« Last Edit: June 30, 2021, 09:46:08 am by Svinedrengen »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

Offline Svinedrengen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: OpenXcom TWoTS Playthrough
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 01:07:42 pm »
Thanks Meridian, wasn't sure what I did wrong there.
And also many thanks for your work on openxcom, the same goes to the rest of the people who made openxcom and all the various mods happen, very much appreciated.

Offline LuckyClover

• Captain
  • Trying my best :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2021, 11:47:39 pm »
I just watched first episode with my little brothers (they love Xcom) and it was very cool  ;D
Will gladly watch more of this lp  8)
« Last Edit: April 30, 2021, 11:51:43 pm by LuckyClover »

Offline Svinedrengen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2021, 11:04:09 am »
Thanks LuckyClover.

So I have to make a restart of the game since the savefile got messed up, caused by a power failure which also ruined the video file, happy days :'(. Thank God that I was only 3.. well 3 and a half episode in.
I usually make videos with commentary, but I felt that the atmosphere is so strong in TWoTS (especially with the new music) that commentary might be unneccesary, but I can also see why some feel that it is not so engaging and maybe a little dry as a viewer.
So my question is : Should I make the restart with or without commentary ? Let me know, thanks.

Offline LuckyClover

• Captain
  • Trying my best :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2021, 01:23:09 pm »
Oh that so sad that You need to restart  :'(
but its always opportunity to makes things even better

yeah I understand You that silence is making really great amazing atmosphere in this game-but on other hand commentary is always cool
its great to hear what playing person is thinking about-I vote for commentary-You can just stay silence in the moments You think that music is making cool tense
and speak in moment when want to show Youre opinions  8)

Offline Svinedrengen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2021, 09:34:06 am »
I have decided to do the restart without commentary because I enjoy playing the game more when I dont have to speak english, which is not my native language. Even though I have made around 100 videos with english commentary, it still does not come natural to me at all, + it makes me swear a lot, something that I almost never do in danish.

Offline Svinedrengen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2021, 09:47:39 am »
Just started a second run of this amazing mod.

Offline Svinedrengen

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2021, 11:55:02 am »
Man I love these Terror Boat missions, and TWoTS just makes it all better, I think I will have a hard time playing original TFTD when I´m done playing this mod.

https://youtu.be/xSw9eTrxntE

Now I have only noticed very small changes to the map design of the Cargo Ship and Cruise Ship so far, if I wanted to try and make some new maps and design, where and who do I go to about this? If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be very much appriciated, thanks in advance.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2021, 03:15:56 pm »
You should do commentary in your native language. Someone out there might appreciate it. The rest of us can turn on closed captions and still hear what you are saying.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2022, 04:53:16 pm »
I have decided to do the restart without commentary because I enjoy playing the game more when I dont have to speak english, which is not my native language. Even though I have made around 100 videos with english commentary, it still does not come natural to me at all, + it makes me swear a lot, something that I almost never do in danish.

Ah, English be like that.

&^$#%*#$^%&#$(^&#$%^ English!