aliens

Author Topic: Battle Scape Mode for 'Advance' Interceptor Mode  (Read 35703 times)

Offline xracer

• Commander
  • X-COM lover, we've gone at it everywhere
    • View Profile
Re: Battle Scape Mode for 'Advance' Interceptor Mode
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 08:45:47 pm »
and just to be a party popper :P

please don't send donations to me ok!!!

https://ufosecret.freelanzer.com/

Offline Daiky

• Battlescape Programmer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 09:18:15 pm »
Unity, interesting and what coincidence... perhaps I need to switch project , cause I don't see a battlescape yet...  ;D

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 09:27:40 pm »
Unity, interesting and what coincidence... perhaps I need to switch project , cause I don't see a battlescape yet...  ;D
lol

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 04:28:33 am »
lol
Hey don't' blame me if suddenly your whole team disappears :P i was just being "helpful" :)

Offline xracer

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 04:34:27 am »
wow... wow, just wow, i just heard the soundtrack of the Cydonia's Fall website (I always search with volume off)

I like the sound track, it is nice, dark, eerie, scary, it lures you... it has a lot of the XCOM feel, it gave me the chills!!! AWESOME :) 

EDIT

Nevermind, after looking at that page source i found a link to the music is from a youtube video :( still it is an awesome soundtrack in case anyone wants to see the video

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sFB3SS9-qa0?fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1

« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 04:37:54 am by xracer »

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 10:35:18 am »
Hey don't' blame me if suddenly your whole team disappears :P i was just being "helpful" :)
My whole team? I'm an occasional contributor, it's more like I'm part of their team.

Back on topic, is this actually under development? or is it just an idea atm?

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 01:16:20 pm »
This is a fantastic idea, just think you could bring into the game , Energy shields, Droid Defences ( float around craft), fighter crafts launching form a Mothership, Base Defences that are actually used in game ( and controllable) alien Defences when attacking there bunkers, suicide runs for damaged craft, atmospheric conditions, Space battle , water battle, Mars, attack crafts that have landed EtC

I am just bummed out that i am stuck studying now as its less time for Mods... :-[

I think this would be the best time to start introducing HD graphics as then everything can stay on a 1x1 location but you could be more zoomed in to see more detail of the craft.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 01:48:57 pm by luke83 »

Volutar

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 01:56:53 pm »
this won't be any xcom1 clone. it would be better called xcom:interceptor.

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 02:03:40 pm »
Although i own interceptor , i have never played it but i still think its real time in interceptor not turnbased?  Also you could then go so far as customisable ships like apoc had, with different modules that can be mixed  and matched to suit your enemy , all these options ( although a LONG LONG TIME idea) would add more STRATEGY to the Geoscape environment.  Just my 2 cents :P

Offline pmprog

• Commander
  • Contributor
    • View Profile
    • Polymath Programming
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 02:31:47 pm »
this won't be any xcom1 clone. it would be better called xcom:interceptor.
Who wants just a clone? You can always play the original for that  ;D Besides, if it's activated by an option, then it's up to the player

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 06:51:50 pm »
wow... wow, just wow, i just heard the soundtrack of the Cydonia's Fall website (I always search with volume off)

I like the sound track, it is nice, dark, eerie, scary, it lures you... it has a lot of the XCOM feel, it gave me the chills!!! AWESOME :) 

EDIT

Nevermind, after looking at that page source i found a link to the music is from a youtube video :( still it is an awesome soundtrack in case anyone wants to see the video

https://www.youtube.com/embed/sFB3SS9-qa0?fs=1&autoplay=1&loop=1
You can find the actual UFO:CF soundtrack here, it's a pretty good remix of the original.

Who wants just a clone? You can always play the original for that  ;D Besides, if it's activated by an option, then it's up to the player
You realize it's that line of thinking that got us dozens of meh remakes that the fanbase still prefers playing the original over. :P

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 08:01:11 pm »
You realize it's that line of thinking that got us dozens of meh remakes that the fanbase still prefers playing the original over. :P

but this remake you can turn on or off the bits you dont like, that's the differences 8)

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2013, 07:28:16 am »
OK so even though i am a Noob at blender i thought i would have a go since the kids are asleep  ( day time nap) here is a screen shot of a Medium scout since i could not find a model done anywhere.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2013, 08:12:12 am »
nice... I probably don't have to tell you that that's way too much detail for the creation of sprites :)

the wall details look like something that's probably better done by bump mapping, btw. But I guess you know that too, and just don't know much more about how to do that than I do (which is next to nothing :D ).

Offline luke83

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • openxcommods
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2013, 09:01:00 am »
Its only halfway done , as for the detail , yes there is to much (obviously) but i also want ot make some ART work , farm scenes , mountain range etc   so a more detailed model is needed for that.  I know Tentaculas showed me once taking photos from blender and how to lower the quality to match sprite levels  ( so this would be similar setup to how you got your fighter picture) so i am hopping this wont be a issue , 2 birds one stone ;)