Author Topic: Combining TWoTS and the Final Mod pack  (Read 2307 times)

Offline yhe1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Combining TWoTS and the Final Mod pack
« on: May 16, 2020, 04:01:54 am »
Since the Hybrid game has been created, It seems natural to combine the "ultimate" mod for both UFO and TFTD for the Ultimate expansion.

Discuss.

wcho035

Re: Combining TWoTS and the Final Mod pack
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2020, 05:00:33 am »
Look, I really am sympathetic to this request and having a fan like yourself, showing a fanatical interest in this really honours me as the creator of the Hybrid mod.

The conversion of Nord’ TWOTS mod is not an easy task, every asset has to be converted into UFO standard. The armour, aliendeployment, Alienmission, research tree and item, units rule need review.

This is at least 1 to 2 months of full time scripting to get the conversion done. I am currently full with Nord’s mod. Originally, the Hybrid mod is a staging ground for anyone who want to start their own hybrid mod.

If you are really keen for this, my suggestion is, get involve and donate the time to make it happen yourself. You can start by tweaking the rul files and if you need help, try asking people in the forum.

I can only get involve in this after Nord’s mod is complete and that is a long time away.

wcho035

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2020, 05:09:41 am »
I first started this road into open xcom modding almost a year ago, like yourself, I desperately wanting a mod that is not available and I have to build one from scratch. It is not easy and with Hybrid mod, the road is not clear a head. Doing a conversion is easy, you just add or cut extra stuff to make the mod compatible. Since the Hybrid mod is mostly borrow from original vanilla UFO scripts, you are half way there already, with the compatibility. You have to review of what needs to be cut out or add from the FMP so to make the mod compatible.

wcho035

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2020, 05:18:26 am »
Reaver was most gracious and kind, in donating his time at making his mod compatible and he’s an experience donating. Unfortunately, I can’t inspire the same interest from

So I have to graciously accept of what is given.

Reaver was not getting paid for his conversation and neither am I for any work I done on any conversion.

Reaver branch out his mod the way he likes and Solarius did the same with FMP.

There is a conflict in the design if both mid are included.

Offline yhe1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2020, 05:30:00 am »
I think you misunderstand. This thread is just for discussion. I am not asking anybody to do it immediately.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2020, 07:08:17 am »
I've always liked the "Final Mod Project" for being an OpenXcom mod that doesn't use OXCE, makes it a great one to start with after beating the base X-Com games before trying a larger OXCE using mod.

From what I've seen of it the scope of the "World of (terrifying) silence" mod is a bit different and it uses some OXCE features.

Merging and balancing the two against each other would not be impossible, but I think it would be a large scale project.

On the plus side: if you wanted to take on the challenge I've personally found that altering the "Final Mod Project" mod itself is a good way to learn OpenXcom / OXCE modding. (Fun as well.)