aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.45) Porting to Hybrid mod.  (Read 3159 times)

wcho035

What is this thread about?

This is a thread to port Nord's [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.45) to my release Hybrid mod. I have Nord's full permission to proceed on this.

It will document of its progress. This mod will be like an expansion pack to my Hybrid mod.

This mod will add all the weapons, armour and everything from Nord's [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.45) into the Hybrid mod and expand its fun. Everything from Nord's mod, right down to its nuts and bolts will be ported over as much as possible.

I am looking for any volunteers who has the free time and experience in Falko's tools to help convert the resources from Nord's mod into UFO standard. I am doing this myself in a slow pace. If anyone is interest and can help, it will get this port available sooner.

This expansion is more focus on the TFTD of the Hybrid mod. Reaver of Darkness, his Faithful mod will be focus on the UFO side. His mod shall be release soon. Thank you.

Offline The Martian

• Commander
  • "It implores you to listen to its arguments..."
    • View Profile
Re: [TFTD] [Expansion] TWoTS+ Release (v.2.45) Porting to Hybrid mod.
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2020, 08:37:56 am »
Fortunately I already have several items and units converted for use with X-Com: Enemy Unknown from the old version 2.32 of Nord's "The world of (terrifying) silence" mod.

I've placed the images into the following folders for each item and unit to make it easier for you to sort through them:
. tftddepth0ToUFO-VerA(ufo-battlescape)
. tftddepth0ToUFO-VerB1(ufo-battlescape)
. tftddepth0ToUFO-VerB2(ufo-battlescape)
. switch_green_blue(ufo-battlescape)
. Original Version (TFTD Format)

The first four folders have been run through Falko's Palette converter using the setting matching the folder's name. The final folder contains the original files for the item from TWoTS V2.32.

Hopefully these can save you some time if they are still the same as the images used in the current version 2.45 release.

Some of the images may still need some tweaking before you can get their colours to look closer to their Terror From The Deep palette equivalents.

wcho035

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2020, 10:10:52 am »
Hi Martian, thanks for these, greatly appreciated.

Offline yhe1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2020, 01:51:56 am »
Since its the Hybrid Mod, would you consider adding the stuff from the Final Mod pack? a hybrid of TWoTS and final mod pack

xcomfan

« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2020, 01:26:49 pm »
Since its the Hybrid Mod, would you consider adding the stuff from the Final Mod pack? a hybrid of TWoTS and final mod pack

That would be nice, final mod pack for TFTD

wcho035

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2020, 02:08:37 pm »
Sorry for the late reply.

I have to discuss with the Author of the mod. In regards of the merging.

Any work has to be done by the originator of the mod. If I am to do it, I have to first look at the mod and see how much work is required.

I need to also make sure that it is compatible to Reaver's mod. I will put in an update shortly.

wcho035

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2020, 02:44:25 pm »
Hi to all, it seems like Solarius is the author of the FMP

After a quick glance of its file structure, the good news is, it is quite possible to merge this mod.

However, this merge will make reavers' faithful for the Hybrid mod incompatible.

It is up to Solarius if he is interested in donating the time to merge it. I am currently full as it is.

If he's interested, I am willing to donate some time to help. It is entirely up to him because he's the mod author. I will put in a word if he's interested.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2020, 02:52:57 pm by Precentor Apollyon »

wcho035

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2020, 03:01:53 pm »
Just have an update from Solarius, he's committed to other projects as am I.

It is a matter of time as this stage, if someone is willing to help with the conversion and donate their time, feel free to put up your hand.

Otherwise I can't put in any momentum on this request.

Offline yhe1

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2020, 03:55:53 am »
 reavers' faithful is another branch of your Hybrid mod, right? I don't think anyone expects it to be compatible

TWoTS is like the final mod pack for TFTD. Combining it would final mod pack would be the ultimate expansion.

wcho035

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2020, 05:19:43 am »
I have written my reply in the thread you have started.