Author Topic: The X-Com Files online Wiki  (Read 93609 times)

Offline flanker84

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files online Wiki
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2021, 05:01:09 pm »
Thank you for the great mod!
I have one question regarding commendations: where can I check the conditions for them the trigger (like how many pistols kills do I need to get level 5 "gunslinger", etc.)
And also it seems to get a specific "weapon master" is a lot harder than general "gunslinger", "trooper", etc. Don`t you think it should be the opposite, taking into consideration specific weapons tires, and types?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2021, 05:40:44 pm »
Thank you for the great mod!

You're welcome! Nice to hear that.

I have one question regarding commendations: where can I check the conditions for them the trigger (like how many pistols kills do I need to get level 5 "gunslinger", etc.)

There isn't really a way, unless you analyse internal game files. I'd have to write it all by hand, and it doesn't seem productive.

And also it seems to get a specific "weapon master" is a lot harder than general "gunslinger", "trooper", etc. Don`t you think it should be the opposite, taking into consideration specific weapons tires, and types?

It varies a lot between players, and also I think it's futile to try and keep them "balanced". Too many variables and opinions.

Offline Bananas_Akimbo

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 21, 2021, 08:06:46 am »
Look at the rulesets. commendations.rul has the info you want. The names there often differ from the names ingame, though. When in doubt, look at soldierbonuses.rul, which lists the effects of all commendations.

I also made a long post about commendations and other stuff a while back. Maybe it contains some useful bits for you. It might be slightly outdated, though. I haven't played in months.
https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,8463.0.html

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2021, 01:12:07 pm »
The wiki site changed again, but this time it's not a simply url change: there is a completely new website, graciously maintained by Noblebright. The site is up to date and it has some really neat functions, like an automatic tech tree drawer or the Weapon Profiler tool to obsess about weapon stats.
you can find the new wiki here.

Meanwhile, our old site remains online for now, but it is outdated and there isn't much point using it any more.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2021, 02:48:13 pm »
The wiki site changed again, but this time it's not a simply url change: there is a completely new website, graciously maintained by Noblebright. The site is up to date and it has some really neat functions, like an automatic tech tree drawer or the Weapon Profiler tool to obsess about weapon stats.
you can find the new wiki here.

Meanwhile, our old site remains online for now, but it is outdated and there isn't much point using it any more.
Wow, the new site offers great features! Playing the game was never such tool-assisted :-) Great work.

Weapon Profiler

Am I right in that the Weapon Profiler uses the game's source code to build graphs and graphs are built dynamically, upon each Submit from a wiki visitor?

And is it right to decipher the attached images as follows?
The 1st graph shows Hit Ratio of snap shots that an untrained but brilliant Agent (see Starting Max stat) clad in Cyber Armor performs with a .308 cal Sniper Rifle using both arms and standing. That Hit Ratio is 20.523 percent for a range of 50 tiles.
The 2nd graph shows another Hit Ratio of snap shots performed by the same Agent with a BlackOps Sniper Rifle using both arms and standing. At a range of 6 tiles this Hit Ratio is at its local minimum of 19.556 percent.

Can someone explain why BlackOps Sniper Rifles perform poorer than .308 cal Sniper Rifles at close ranges? Is it Bravery bonus for the 2nd that interferes here?

And what are the Starting maximums for Accuracy and Bravery, by the way, 70 and 60?

Tech Tree Drawer and a bug of X-COM Files 1.8
Amazing feature, the power of algorithms in action. I can't imagine who will be able to fill all that data manually.

In my current playthrough of X-COM Files 1.8b I have acquired Shrapnel Rocket design for Workshop without the Explosives License. Is it a bug that was corrected in the tech tree that is shown on this site?

By the way, what is the frequency of data update on this site? Instantly upon each new release?

Offline ontherun

• Colonel
  • Lazy-ass captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 18, 2022, 11:50:30 pm »
We have Wiki about The X-Com Files mod, that contains pages for all game elements presented in the mod - research, production, items, armor, units, UFOs and X-Com crafts, facilities and much more!

The X-Com Files Pedia

Wiki is also translated into Russian and Polish languages.
Any feedback is very welcome!

Upd: link was updated, as we moved.

Upd: link updated again to Trigram Reactor.

Hello, there is s new address: https://thexcomfileswiki.github.io/

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2022, 05:24:27 pm »

Hello, there is s new address: https://thexcomfileswiki.github.io/

No, it's the old one, I specifically gave a new one in my last post. The initial post was updated too.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2022, 09:30:46 am »
wiki on github was much more convenient. it was very well composed. the new wiki cannot be used on a smartphone. I think this is a big step back.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2022, 06:54:25 pm »
wiki on github was much more convenient. it was very well composed. the new wiki cannot be used on a smartphone. I think this is a big step back.

thanks) making it usable on smartphone was my personal initiative, and I invested quite a lot of time to make it usable.
sadly, there is no will to support the site with new mod data, so I was asked to remove it.

Offline Akamashi

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2022, 11:00:13 pm »
thanks) making it usable on smartphone was my personal initiative, and I invested quite a lot of time to make it usable.
sadly, there is no will to support the site with new mod data, so I was asked to remove it.
I'm going to miss this. It's sad. a good idea would be to make a note that the database is outdated... because now I can't surf wiki in my free time.

Offline Finnik

• Colonel
  • Finnik#0257
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2022, 02:01:49 am »
Well, the wiki engine is not lost at all =) I just removed it from online because I was asked to.

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2022, 01:10:02 am »
I need an explanation. What does "stat max", "training max" and "starting max" mean? What values are we talking about?

I used to use this to compare weapons https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=8229.0
A very handy program. The wiki site has an analogue. Looks neat, but not without its flaws. I would like customizable soldier characteristics, as well as the ability to remove unnecessary graphics. For example I want to compare the two weapons only a snap shot

Offline norpan83

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 08, 2022, 09:33:29 pm »
The wiki shows that lab ships have 1 commander on veteran/genius

but the c++ code rounds 1/2 down,  so it doesnt get deployed.

Spoiler:
lowQty: 0
highQty: 1
dQty: 0
int quantity;

if (_game->getSavedGame()->getDifficulty() < DIFF_VETERAN)
   quantity = (*d).lowQty + RNG::generate(0, (*d).dQty); // beginner/experienced
else if (_game->getSavedGame()->getDifficulty() < DIFF_SUPERHUMAN)
   quantity = (*d).lowQty+(((*d).highQty-(*d).lowQty)/2) + RNG::generate(0, (*d).dQty); // veteran/genius
else
   quantity = (*d).highQty + RNG::generate(0, (*d).dQty); // super (and beyond?)

quantity += RNG::generate(0, (*d).extraQty);
« Last Edit: May 08, 2022, 10:10:49 pm by norpan83 »

Offline Chuckebaby

• Colonel
  • Chrysalis are people too
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2022, 01:38:21 pm »
This has been very helpful for me. I really appreciate it.
The resource trees are very well laid out.

Offline PPQ

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 31, 2022, 05:35:02 pm »
This is cool and all, but the main issue is that every time I open a new tab from it the page has to reconstruct what ever it is doing when loading. And that takes forever.
Is there a way I can download it to my machine or preload it or otherwise just make it not load from scratch every single time.