Author Topic: _Raven_'s wishlist  (Read 602 times)

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: _Raven_'s wishlist
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2024, 02:52:33 pm »
I know that you are all busy and that my ideas may be completely ignored, but here is another idea for your consideration.
Spoiler:
The .nam file in this file with names has already been added with the function of indicating which country and region the names belong to, you also need to add the following command “flag: 15” there
Russian.nam
Code:
###country: STR_RUSSIA
###region: STR_SIBERIA
#flag: 15
###globalWeight: 65500
###lookWeights:
###  - 25
###  - 35
###  - 35
###  - 5
###maleFirst:
###  - Дмитрий
This way, for each file with names you can specify your own flag, no more arrangement of flags in the correct order in the "extraSprites" file, you can simply specify any flag under any number, and then indicate this number in the .nam file and all the soldiers who will receive names from this file, they will also receive the flag that is indicated there (you can specify even just one flag in extraSprites, numbered 15, and the soldiers will receive this flag, even if the file with names is numbered 20 in the folder with names).

Add a feature like this, it will be easier for everyone to assign flags, even if the .nam files are located in different folders.
Yes, I know that there is such a function
Code:
###soldiers:
###  - type: STR_PILOT
###    flagOffset: 33
This function does not allow you to select a flag, just ignore flags 0-32 and immediately assign flag 33 to the first .nam file in the folder, and I suggest linking flags to .nam files.

I don’t think it will be difficult to do, the main thing is that you have the time and desire.

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: _Raven_'s wishlist
« Reply #16 on: Today at 12:07:25 pm »
Here's another annoying thing you could fix.
I created my own "XBASE" it consists of two types of textures (standard-improved and new from an alien alloy), the texture package is full (new sprites cannot be added, I even had to delete unnecessary sprites), I created 2 types of modules each (regular and improved from alien alloy), the tunnel-digging system began to place standard walls in the passages between the new alloy modules, I didn’t like it and I found a way out, I rewrote the script and forbade placing these walls in the passages, I myself placed different walls in different modules, the result was a hybrid base from ordinary modules and alien alloy modules.
Then I wanted to add a third type of base modules, underwater modules for the underwater base, but the texture package was full and new sprites could not be added, then I created a second base "XBASES" (with its own separate texture package) and in the file "alienDeployments.rul" I specified to use 2 locations in the mission "STR_BASE_DEFENSE" (XBASE and XBASES).
I started the test mode, during a test mission on the xcom base the choice of XBASE or XBASES location appeared, everything went well, in the first location the modules use a standard texture package, in the second location sea textures are already used, but when I started a new game and clicked on the entrance elevator (base preview), then I saw that the standard texture pack had been replaced by a second XBASES texture pack. To get the standard XBASE texture pack back, I had to completely remove XBASES.

Why can’t you create 2 different locations for a base defense mission, why in test mode this mission offers you to choose one of two locations, but in the game itself 2 locations merge with each other and the XBASES texture pack replaces the XBASE texture pack and standard modules use a different texture pack, but these are 2 separate, independent locations?
Is there a way to create base modules from different locations with different texture packs? Build 2 separate bases with different modules in different textures, independently of each other?
If not, then why not make it so that you can create a second base location and use some modules on one base, others on another, and at the same time get completely different bases created from different textures. Very useful for hybrid mods in which you can build a base both on land and under water.