Author Topic: _Raven_'s wishlist  (Read 1692 times)

Offline mutantlord

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: _Raven_'s wishlist
« Reply #30 on: May 03, 2024, 10:52:37 pm »
Raven, are you russian by any chance? If you are, check out a Hybrid Mod by Ethereal. His mod is somewhere here. Might be suitable to you.

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2024, 05:19:35 pm »
Yes, I am Russian.

I downloaded many different hybrid mods, but I never found a mod from Ethereal. In general, my goal is simply to improve the appearance of the globe in mods such as FMP and X-Files (I love visual updates), but for this I need a new globe (created from my texture for the FMP and X-Files mods) and new globe functions (so that I can was to block the playing fields of the ocean and return it to its original, empty state, only externally as in a hybrid mod, but not physically).

So I created a texture from the best fragments, with such a texture any globe will look great. I would like all the globes to be updated for this globe and this globe also needs to be changed a little so that it looks more realistic, like in the picture "NUG-2000.jpg".
I am attaching the files in the hope that you will be interested in updating the globe and that new functions of the globe will be added someday.

PS. I myself can’t figure out how to create my own globe and what program to do it with, maybe you could share such a program and show how to work with it?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 08:55:40 pm by _Raven_ »

Offline mutantlord

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2024, 06:34:36 pm »

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2024, 09:39:32 pm »
One day I downloaded this mod and looked at who was adding what to their mods. Apparently an interesting mod, but I like light mods like FMP. To be honest, I have already made my choice, FMP suits me, it is easy to edit and I can easily edit its files.

I have only one problem, mods like FMP use a standard globe, it is impossible to use a hybrid globe for two reasons:
1) Third-party globes are not suitable, you need to create a new globe specifically for FMP (I don’t know how create a globe);
2) You can land in the ocean, while there is no function that can block this, turn individual regions of the globe into empty fields (fakeEmpty: true);
3) I’m not yet ready to turn FMP into a hybrid mod (it’s difficult to program everything correctly, and there are also no special functions yet that make it easier to create hybrid mods and prohibit UFO from invading TFTD).

I updated the textures of the hybrid globe (the ocean already looks good, the land also looks great by the way, you just need to change the id number on some fragments of the globe to change the texture), now from all this you can make a universal globe if the developers want it.

This globe can already be used in hybrid mods, you can give them my work if you want.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2024, 09:44:00 pm by _Raven_ »

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 30, 2024, 11:55:51 am »
I was already thinking about stopping giving advice, but you won’t be able to do it without me.
I suggest defeating windowed mode and switching to full screen mode.

The fact is that you programmed the function of changing the size and resolution of the screen in such a way that with the original size of 6x everything is huge like on ps1 (but it’s cool that it’s in full screen) and the inscriptions on the globe are huge and the view in battle is small, but when I switch to 3x then everything is perfect (or almost perfect, even on a small phone), except for the size of the game windows.
In this resolution (1920x1080 3x) the globe looks good (many cities easily fit on the globe and, thanks to small letters, do not block the view), the battlefield is also clearly visible (the game panel is reduced and does not cover a quarter of the screen, the viewing range also increases), but the windows themselves just microscopic, that nothing is visible on the base, that in the settings on the battlefield nothing is visible in a small window (especially on small phones), it’s good that at least the window with the inventory is still on the full screen (they thought of making a separate function so that the inventory would be forced full screen size 6x even if the size of the battlefield is specified as 3x).

I suggest making a separate setting for the size of game windows:
Size Geo mode 3x
Size Battle mode 2x
Size Window mode 6x
Now not only will the soldier’s inventory be full-screen standard 6x, but all windows will be the same as in the original with the same size as the inventory (if desired, you can reduce the size of the windows or even specify the same size as the main 3x or 2x) and the game will work fully in full screen mode.

You can’t think of anything without me, this function should have been added to the game a long time ago, because it will significantly increase the comfort of the game both on computers and on phones (especially on phones, because they have small screens and it costs pay more attention to interface and window size settings).

I suggest starting to create this function now, because all the interface settings are inconvenient (that 6x is too huge, that 3x windows are too small to appear on the screen).

Here's a look at what it looks like on your phone and why you need to do it.
There are more screenshots in the file.

Offline _Raven_

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2024, 12:01:58 pm »
Skreenshots.
For some reason the zip file cannot be uploaded to the site. Well, to hell with him.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2024, 12:05:12 pm by _Raven_ »